How long should I run SS?

Is there a benchmark I should be aiming for before switching programs?

3-4 months ideally, 6 months max

Even if I'm still making regular progress on some of my lifts?

If you are doing the program right progress should taper off at 6 months, how long have you been doing it for

what if im aushwitz mode and didnt make much progress in 5 months

Eat

You did not progress fast enough or eat enough then

okay thanks

If you did SS right as a skellington you should have been able to put on about 30-50 pounds (of which around 60% would be lean) in that amount of time.

I'm deadly serious.

If you didn't, you fucked up, start again.

I am trying to do it until I reach 1/2/3/4. I am missing about 2/5 pl8 on each lift (except OHP). Should I stick with it, or do something else?

do something else, trying to reach 1/2/3/4 on SS is impractical

what routine would you reccomend for someone who is done with ss?

Thanks. What is the best program for follow up after SS? The sticky recommends Bill Starr, Texas Method, and 'Built like a baddass'.

If you're struggling to make progress, no. Think about it:

If you fail to hit 3x5 on an exercise (we'll say squats) around 50% of the time, you're probably only adding 2.5kg a week, if that.

If you switch to a weekly intermediate progression like Texas, you'll still be making 2.5kg a week of progress, and you'll be recovering properly and won't feel like a punched dick all the time.

People have different responses to novice progression, and not everyone will make it to 1/2/3/4. If you're desperate to squeeze out the last of the gains and aren't failing as much as I quoted in my example, try switching your squats to one heavy set and two backoff sets, and your presses to 3x3, and your cleans to 4x2.

Until you can bench your bodyweight, squat 1.5x your bw and deadlift 2x your bw

I see. I was still trying to 5x5, and I haven't been able to add weight for a while (been stalled here for about 1.5 months, and recently I injured my knee, so I deloaded the squat).

Texas Method, 5/3/1, SL, etc. take your pick

> google Texas Method

The Texas Method (TM) is a strength training program renowned for its ability to provide intermediate to advanced lifters (those with 18-24+ months of continuous training according to legendary strength training coach Mark Rippetoe) with increased variety and physical adaptation

Is this for real and if it is story pls

If you're doing 5x5 you aren't doing SS.

As long as it gives you results. If you need to deload 3 times in a row at a given weight that is, when you should definitely change something about your routine. An easy way to continue with SS then is to drop the volume to 3x3 and continuing that until you stop seeing gains. After you maxed out your gains with that method, you should switch programs, based on what you want to achieve.

People inject oil (synthol) into their muscles to make them appear bigger. The only thing it actually does is make them horribly swollen and ugly, with a high chance of catching an infection, due to impurities or general inflammation in the muscle. It's also horribly painful.

Just checked my logs and not near as long as I'd thought, only since June. I feel kinda retarded for making the thread, but at least I've got some actionable info now.

then do SS + GOMAD