Which Protein Powder Should I Buy?

I’m interested in consuming a protein powder, not as much for the anabolic aspect of protein as the catabolic aspect of it -- That is, protein sits around in your body, longer, and fills you up, causing better dietary habits, than other macronutrients.
I’m not entirely sure which type of protein, nor which brand I should buy, to best meet this need, but, here are some beliefs that would motivate my purchases:

1. The supplements industry is notorious for contamination of metals, steroids, etc., and I have no desire to consume any.
2. “Organic” is a meaningless label that has no medical value.
3. Consuming extremely high amounts of protein is probably not beneficial.
4. Scientific journals show contradictory findings, constantly, in health and fitness, and I’m skeptical of any claim that the time of day a food is consumed, or aspects about its source that can’t be explained through composition, can impact its effect on the body. (When discussing nutrition, “bioavailability” is, at best, fringe science, and, at worst, pseudoscience.)
5. Meat and dairy consumption are almost certainly linked to cancer in long term consumption (though likely VERY long term).
6. Most money is bound to be wasted, regardless of which supplement it is spent on.

Other urls found in this thread:

scoobysworkshop.com/top-5-best-protein-powders/
myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/impact-diet-whey/10530657.html
myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/impact-whey-protein/10530943.html
shop.honeyville.com/wheat-protein-isolate.html
sweat4health.com/the-truth-about-whey/
jarrow.com/product/182/Whey_Protein_Unflavored
reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/uva9t/big_reddit_protein_powder_measurement_results/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GK7YClXUNOPMCGk51Ha9FIdHEWQ0as1lpfKE0pRKWBE/edit#gid=0
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3295702/
fertstert.org/article/S0015-0282(09)00966-2/abstract
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23253599
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25063858
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23756170
ucsusa.org/food_and_agriculture/our-failing-food-system/genetic-engineering/promoting-resistant-pests.html
labdoor.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

scoobysworkshop.com/top-5-best-protein-powders/

This is if you are american, order chocolate taste or no taste

If you are european myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/impact-diet-whey/10530657.html chocolate or blank taste

Sorry wrong link myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/impact-whey-protein/10530943.html

Optimum Nutrition is the company to trust for supps, and their whey is GOAT in flavor and mixability. 10 pounds for 100 dollars on amazon.

>myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/impact-whey-protein/10530943.html

The answers seem to line up more with the topic name than the content I wrote.
tl;dr version

> I'm more interested in protein's ability to suppress appetite than other abilities
> Most companies are shit
> Organic is bullshit
> Protein in excess is also bullshit
> Preferring whey or casein or soy or pea or egg or any source, is probably bullshit
> Meat and dairy consumption probably cause cancer in the long term
> Almost everything is a waste of money

I'm American.

Eh, you can buy wheat protein pretty cheap.
It's PRETTY FUCKIN CHEAP:
shop.honeyville.com/wheat-protein-isolate.html

Then I.suggest you to read this sweat4health.com/the-truth-about-whey/

worries about hyper super saiyan organic wheyz
injects bathtub brews of god knows what for muh gainz bro

a bodybuilder is a bodybuilder is a bodybuilder

I don't know if i'm in the minority but I honestly love the taste and versatility of plain/unflavored whey protein.

It has a slight milky taste that I love. Would recommend 10/10 especially to a cheese lover

jarrow.com/product/182/Whey_Protein_Unflavored

I buy this, or the Cabot stuff (they sell their whey) on the rare occasions I can find it. Both of them are from cows not treated with rBST, which is pretty much the most important aspect for me. I consume a lot of dairy, and I know that I want to keep my intake of bovine growth hormones and antibiotics to a minimum. They don't have bullshitty pseuodoscience claims all over the packaging either, which is nice. All I want is some whey powder to shove more protein into my smoothies and cookies without giving me too much cancer, I don't care about a single thing else.

>Optimum Nutrition is the company to trust for supps, and their whey is GOAT in flavor and mixability. 10 pounds for 100 dollars on amazon.

More expensive in the UK...

I normally get the ON Lean Whey its reasonably priced and the Chocolate and Vanilla flavours are good... not that they're delicious or anything but i'm not bored of them after a year.

I typically mix with milk, but water is fine too.

I did the math and low fat quark is cheaper per gram of protein then my protein whey 5 kg bags unless they are 29% or more reduced in price

Whey is good for satiety (as well as everything else desu). Myprotein, bulksupplements, etc. Add a spoonful or two of psyllium husk for better texture, better poops, and even further increased satiety.

Forgot this is for Germany depending on your country just replace quark with skyrocket or cottage cheese or whatever and do the math yourself

if you live near a costco, sometimes they have the 6lb Whey bags which usually retail for $50+ on sale for 29.99. Can't beat that deal anywhere.

>unironically recommending whey protein

Pea protein is clearly the way to go... it is vegan, without gluten and non-GMO.

AND IT DOES NOT GIVE YOU DAIRY ACNE

Don't be stupid user

Go with Optimum Nutrition.

Some guy from SA's fitness forum (a chemist IIRC) tested a shitload of protein powders for actual protein content to see if the labels were bullshit. Supps are not regulated by FDA, so they can stretch the truth on the label and count certain things as proteins even if they're not able to be used by humans. Most protein powders were well below 70% when it came to protein content. Optimum Nutrition came out on top, well above the next highest contender, and even it was only around 90% of what it said on the label.

Go with ON. It's pricier, but you're getting actual protein and not bone marrow from ground up Chinese political prisoners.

>Some guy from SA's fitness forum (a chemist IIRC) tested a shitload of protein powders for actual protein content to see if the labels were bullshit.
link plz?

>Which Protein Powder Should I Buy?
None. EAT REAL FOODS INSTEAD. And stop being such a little faggot about the 'cancer' thing, EVERYTHING EVENTUALLY KILLS YOU so why go through life worrying lile some little bitch about it?

The original thread on SA was years ago and slipped into the archives, but another guy (might be the same guy) started running the same tests on Reddit.

reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/uva9t/big_reddit_protein_powder_measurement_results/

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GK7YClXUNOPMCGk51Ha9FIdHEWQ0as1lpfKE0pRKWBE/edit#gid=0

It actually looks like a few other brands are effective contenders like MyProtein, so that might be cheaper.

>Pea protein is clearly the way to go... it is vegan, without gluten and non-GMO.
It's also deficient in lysine, which is an essential amino acid, you stupid faggot vegan cuck. PEA PROTEIN IS SHIT, don't EVER buy it.

>Pea protein is clearly the way to go... it is vegan, without gluten and non-GMO.
>AND IT DOES NOT GIVE YOU DAIRY ACNE
>Don't be stupid user

Jesus fucking christ.

Did anyone actually read anything I typed?

OP, here:
"gluten-free" is bullshit for those without celiac disease.

"non-GMO" is PURE bullshit of the highest caliber.

Acne is a BACTERIA that feeds on oils secreted by your sebacious glands in your skin.

>It's also deficient in lysine, which is an essential amino acid, you stupid faggot vegan cuck. PEA PROTEIN IS SHIT, don't EVER buy it.

OP, Here, not that dude:

If it were cheaper to get a low-grade protein and just increase the Lysine content (I have no ideas what the content of anyone given powder is, because they might be fortifying, anyway), there's ZERO reason not to consume it.

But your language is suggesting that you probably are more interested in talking about how macho you are for consuming all sorts of meat and dairy.

Could someone respond having actually read the post? Or is everyone's attention span that short?

Then fucking.read.this

I did read it.
All it said is that whey naturally has a more balanced collection of amino acids. I don't care what a source naturally has, I care what a protein powder has, natural or not.
The website was also advocating organics. Let that sink in.

7.1 in PEA vs 9.6 in CFM80

If you don't like that, eat BCAAs with your PEA protein. Faggots who take CFM80 with BCAA just protein waste unless they are on cycle.

can i just add creatine monohydrate powder to my whey shake?

OP, here.

Did anyone even read the part where I said I'm only interested in consuming extra protein as a hunger suppressant?

Ask any dermatologist who has experience with putting people on Accutane... first thing he says is to cut any dairy consumption or you fuck your results up. Put acne and dairy into Google Scholar and check the results.

Gluten is obesogenic, you are better off if you limit/avoid it.

GMO foods have higher exposure to pesticides than non-GMO ... limiting your pesticide exposure is making you better off.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3295702/

Do the research yourself you ungrateful faggot

I belive this is vegan-bait.
But I will respond anyway.
1. choose a brand taht runs tests by other labs, like PEAK
2. thats an opinion and depends on the actual label for organic foods in your country
3. Yes, so what?
4. Not really, read the meta-studies. There are some points i.e. whey is soposed to act faster, but studies in human show that casein has a better effect on muscle groth overall. But I think you never really read any studie...
5. Everything that acts anabolic isw carcenogenic to a certan degree, that is not a bad thing.
6. So you made up your mind already?
Buy Casein, it is absorpt slower, due to componends that act on opiod-receptors. It also has anti-inflamatory propaties.

I'm currently consuming soy protein. Heard it gives off high dosages of estrogen. Will it fuck me up and give me feminine fat distribution? Tits?

No
fertstert.org/article/S0015-0282(09)00966-2/abstract

>Ask any dermatologist who has experience with putting people on Accutane... first thing he says is to cut any dairy consumption or you fuck your results up. Put acne and dairy into Google Scholar and check the results.

2 things:
1. Studies supporting this have been done in South Korea, where the majority of the population is lactose intolerant and likely to cause inflammation.
2. Accutane is a fucking dangerous drug, all around.

>Gluten is obesogenic, you are better off if you limit/avoid it.

No, the foods containing gluten are, like bread.

>GMO foods have higher exposure to pesticides than non-GMO ... limiting your pesticide exposure is making you better off.

That's just not true. Pesticides are not linked to genetic modification, and, in some cases, are linked to the lack of pesticide use (e.g., corn that produces trace amount of botulin, rather than being sprayed with botulin).
Furthermore, pesticides only are harmful if they contain metallic compounds, otherwise your liver filters them out in trace amounts and there's no accumulation. This is likely why there's not sufficient information linking organic food to any health benefits.

not legally

Goddamnit...

You'll just have to get on that HRT.
Don't worry - I'll still fuck your ass and play with your hormone shrunken cock, even if your tits are small.

MyProtein US is doing a 2 x 11lb whey sale for USD 110

You have literally responded with nothing.

No, there are studies from all over the world reaching this conclusion.

Gluten... ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23253599

GMO...

80% of GMO are modified in order to withstand pesticides.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25063858
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23756170
ucsusa.org/food_and_agriculture/our-failing-food-system/genetic-engineering/promoting-resistant-pests.html

Thanks user, that's really nice of you. I just wanted subtle feminine features and the hrt is out of the question :(

definitely not here. ehrmann is like 70c and has 23g of protein so that's a little over 2.8€/100g
whey is 1.6€/100g even when not on sale

>It actually looks like a few other brands are effective contenders like MyProtein, so that might be cheaper.
Yeah, I'd seen the Reddit one, and gotten exactly that impression. Thanks!

>myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/impact-whey-protein/10530943.html
why change from diet → impact?

labdoor.com/ rankings/protein/

You're welcome OP, flavors vary but actual proteons by count.

You are an extreme autist and I don't know how you missed the existence of "casein" in your "research".

Why are you even thinking of taking any when you spew negatives as a cover for your question?

REAL FOOD

bulk nutrients . com
get the choc honeycomb

What's the best flavor of myprotein?

Thinking of getting salted caramel but 22 pounds of it is a little much if it's no good

Avoid Rocky Road. It is vile.

Don't get cookies and cream

What about tiramisu?

The plain vanilla isolate tastes like ass and is this nasty yellow color.
Chocolate smooth is like chocolate milk and delicious.

Son of a bitch I just got a bunch of 2.2 lb bags a few weeks ago on their last sale.

They're forever having sales; it'll come around again

>not drinking jello beef isolate powder

Have companies actually put steroids into supplements and how do I obtain these.

protein powder is shit. you don't need it. it will get you allergies, because of the concentrated milk protein, flatulation, bad skin and decrease your hunger.

unless you are super fat and need to desperatly loose weight, don't use it.

Just eat eggs. 2 whole and as many egg whites as you want. chicken breast, tuna and maybe cotton cheese. that's it. you don't need more.

eat food

MyProtein is also a good source.

salted caramel doesn't taste like caramel, be warned.

I don't know anything about this shit so I just bought something that was on sale. It's called Rivalwhey. Mixes really well, takes really good.
That's all I have for a review.

Canadianprotein.com has 11lb for $60 hnnnnnng

natural chocolate + milk = chocolate milk.