Protein powder is expensive as fuck, what do you cheapskates do instead?

Protein powder is expensive as fuck, what do you cheapskates do instead?

Other urls found in this thread:

bulkpowders.co.uk/pure-whey-protein.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Protein powder is expensive as fuck
lol no. it's pretty damn cheap.

The walmart stuff is only like 20 dollars i think. Obviously not ideal but it was made to be a cheaper substitute

the one I use is £0.28 per scoop. with 2 scoops a day that's £16.80 per month. if you think that's expensive you really need a job.

what do you use and where do you buy it from?
livin in britbong here too

get your protein from whole food, i get around 140-160g protein a day from my normal food.

It's pretty much the cheapest form of protein if you buy generic bulk (bulkpowders for example) it's 1 euro for 100 grams of protein. Only cheaper option might be bulk gelatin, but I think the amino profile is worse.

bulkpowders.co.uk/pure-whey-protein.html

I currently use this one.

lol what? 1$ for 100g

by the way, bulkpowders often have 20-30% off so it's even cheaper than I said.

>1$

Eat real food.

Lentils are amazing and cheap as fuck.

Cape Town fag checking in.

Not sure about the rest of you, but buying in bulk here is so damn cheap. Pounds / KG's of food for a couple USD

20-30 bucks for a tub that'll last you at least a month is not that pricey. It seems like a lot when you're buying it but considering how much you use per diem it's pretty cheap. Kinda like olive oil. Seems ridiculous paying 8 bucks for a quart but that quart will probably last 2 or 3 months

>want protein??
>eat some carbs!
Vegan detected.

Lentils are GOAT carbs. Beans are nice too

Protein powder is objectively the least expensive way to get you daily proten get a job

100 aud for 5 kilos. Lasts like 3 months with 4 scoops a day

Fuck off. Lentils have a FANTASTIC nutrition profile and they're crazy cheap.

Oh, and enough fiber to keep you pooping like a champ.

protein powders are really expensive in third world countries

we have to but this shit from outside, so the price here is absurd

i just stick with chicken, its way cheaper

that's true. importing food from a high-cost country to a low-cost country makes no sense. but I'm sure you have other really cheap sources of protein.

Myprotein is pretty cheap too

EAT FOOD.
/thread

protein bricks

No it's not you fucking idiot. When you buy a tub, put a little bit of money away until you run out, then buy a new one.

Cheapskates buy protein powder because it is cheaper per gram of protein than anything else.

I always poop you sonofabitch you hear me

Eggs milk tuna /thread

Buy some protein bars. Or if you're cheap as fuck buy some potatoes.

I guess it depends how you live but a good protein powder is actually cheaper when you factor in how long a tub lasts.

I got two 11 pound bags of mass gainer for under 120 dollars from Canadian protein. Each serving has 80 carbs and 50g protein and 500cals. No excuse to ever not eat enough again

I walk in to a store with a bag of flour in my hands and make sure that the cashier sees me holding it (this is important). Then i go to a random shelf dump the flour. After that I go to the whey aisle and fill the bag with white (also important!) whey and walk out the store past the cashier that saw me enter with the flour. Be sure to rotate stores or make up an excuse for the bag (like asthma or something ). Good luck!

Brilliant

you can get it for 10€/kg on sale. just buy like 20kg then. even the regular price of

>protein bars
>typically 20-25g of protein
>cost 1-3€
>4-15€ per 100g of protein
>cheap whey powder typically has ~80g/100g
>cost 12.60€/kg (just checked for you fampai)
>1.6€/100g of protein
>buy protein bars

You should be measuring value on a nutrition/price ratio, not just on price. Whey protein has decent value even if it's $20 a tub, and its macro ratios are invaluable for both bulking and cutting.

Still, when I have literally zero non-essential income (which happens more often than I like to admit), I tend to depend a lot on Milk, eggs, chicken, and peanut butter for my protons and calories.

>2 scoops a day
it's like you don't actually want to make it, user

I get from Bulk Supplements - it's only like 75 cents per 27g protein.

Drink a gallon of milk every day and don't get fat because I am not American and need to gorge on a snack every hour

I have ulcerative colitis so his point was more than valid

Low fat curd cheese is the cheapest protein I know

>Australia
>$140 for 10 kilos
>Lasts for months
>This is expensive
Are you retarded?

where in cape town do you go, or do you order online?

it really isn't OP. protein powder is pretty much the cheapest source of quality protein you're gonna find.

I don't understand.
Everything in Canada is so fucking bulked up.
A 2lbs protein powder cost 20$in USA, and 40$ in Canada
It isn't fucking fair, god damn it. They aren't even that far away for shipping.
FUCK

1 quid Quark from Waitrose user.

2 containers Quark + 1 sachet sugar free jelly = protein bliss.

I recently ran the numbers on fat free quark for german prices and the and a t 55 cent per 500ml container its cheaper then myProtein whey 5kg whey bags per gramm of Protein unless myProtein has a discount of 29% or more

Pork, cow innards (tripe, liver, etc), and canned fish my dude