Fuck bros

Fuck bros.
I fucked up. I now have sciatica from squatting and my guess is that I never warm up properly, as my form is fine. This really blows. Always do a good warmup I guess. In the meantime though, any tips?

Other urls found in this thread:

sportsinjuryclinic.net/sportinjuries/thigh-pain/tight-hamstring-muscles/stretching-tight-hamstrings
spinehealth.com/conditions/sciatica/what-piriformis-syndrome
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If it is then static hangs, inversion boots (real nice at the end of a workout at home if you have a rack), and general movement.

It's not always poor form, the nerve could be in a troublesome spot. You could also have a bulging disc.

Go to a doc, get it checked, and proceed appropriately. Mine took about 10 months to heal up, but that's because every time I hit the brakes hard due to stupid drivers I'd have a massive flareup that hurt for days.

>doc

yeah trust a dude with next to no spinal anatomy training, only good for the anti-inflammatories and the pain killers (to be used sparingly)

Stick to a chiropractor and a PT OP, that's your best shot. Lumbar cox flexion fairly regularly will do wonders. Only take pain medication when you can't handle the pain and you should be fine, expect a major blow out once every 12 months when you get better and avoid surgery at all costs (surgery has a 2 year relapse average and is fucking expensive)

can you describe where the pain goes?

>In the meantime though, any tips?
Yes.

>Stop squatting
>Do as your doctor(s) tell you to do
>Don't squat until they tell you it's OK to do so
>Failure to comply may cripple you for life (permanent chronic pain)
>come to terms with the very real possibility that you may have to do leg press (or no heavy leg exercises) for the rest of your life

Sorry that's just the way it is.

This retard. jesus waterboarding christ.
Sciatica can heal itself. Restart your squat. From bodyweight. Switch to low bar. Don't take pain meds. work through it but don't go to heavy. I used to have to rest a week between lifting days from the pain. I beat it

>chiropractor

Are you some kind of fucking retard?

>mfw he fell for the squatting meme

Listen to this guy. The vast majority of cases of sciatica are due to herniated discs, and herniated discs tend to heal themselves if you don't do anything too fucking stupid. Squatting light with proper for. when you're able will actually help the process, as will deadlifting.

>exercises that strengthen the back make the back stronger
>who would've fucking thought it

>just didn't warm up

ahah nah, man, your form sucks.

Do you guys know how to quicken the healing process?
How do you effectively warm up for squats/deals?

My warm up for squats
>atg bodeyweight sqiat for 5- reps
>back stretchs
>twist my back
>warm up with 5reps of bar
>proceed to do 4reps then 3 ten 2 then 1rep of my working squat weight
>process to do 3x5
>with a 5 minute break between all my warmups and my working weight like this

Bar 1x5
add weight 1x4
add weight 1x3
add weight 1x2
working weight 1x1
5min break
working weight 3x5, with 5 min breaks in between

No he is a retard who became a chiropractor

>sciatica
welp. you're fucked for life now.

This is why you don't squat or deadlift heavy

Since we're talking about injuries here, does anyone know the best way to deal with tendinitis on the forearms?

>My warm up for squats
Holy shit that's a lot of time for fucking squats.

I just go 1pl8, 2pl8, 3pl8, 4pl8 and I'm warmed up.
Sometimes I don't even bother and start my workout at 3pl8, just to save time.

Also, anecdotal experience, i've found Rows exasperate the sciatic pain, putting strain on the affected disks. Can't find one version that doesn't fuck up my sciatic.

That's more warm up sets than I used to do, thanks man. Any tips on how to increase the healing time?

the lack of warm up didnt fuck you up. your shit form and lack of proprioception did,

stretch your hams sportsinjuryclinic.net/sportinjuries/thigh-pain/tight-hamstring-muscles/stretching-tight-hamstrings

Stretch your piriformis
spinehealth.com/conditions/sciatica/what-piriformis-syndrome

See if that solves your problem, if not, go see a doctor.

This.

I had the same problem, physio told me to stretch my hams as often as possible. Needless to say it worked miracles.

Stretch, bro's. If you find it hard to make up stretches or just lack will to do it, pay for Romwod (it's really cheap for the benefits) and enjoy your new-found strenght.