How the /cut/ going Veeky Forums?

How the /cut/ going Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ETkwZIi3R7w
youtube.com/watch?v=YpllomiDMX0
s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/joylent/app/public/ckeditor_assets/attachments/78/label_banaan140x200def.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=hPi1LQHBWBk
sigmanutrition.com/is-slow-and-steady-actually-the-best-way-to-diet-calorie-deficits-2/
daily.barbellshrugged.com/the-new-science-of-muscle-memory/
lastnightsparty.com/anthemic/slides/IMG_1701.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

154 pounds down from 190. 24 more to go, maybe.

Jesus Christ I'm so fucking hungry I want pizza in my mouth so fucking badly fuck.

Holy shit man, good job! You can do it.

Pretty good, doing IF and losing weight like it's nothing
>inb meme diet

I've got to try it sometime i think. IF, is there a website which redpills me on IF?

Race season (bicycle road racer) is over for me for this year, so now I can start cutting next week to get my weight down *below* where I want it, so when I am forced to eat a surplus during parts of my Fall weight training, I'll only gain back up to where I want to be at the beginning of the 2017 race season. So this weekend is the last weekend before I start cutting down. I've already started taking nothing but water with me on the bike for rides of any length, which I've demonstrated to myself is a great way to help enhance the daily deficit; the last time I did this, I was losing 2-3 pounds per week, which was great.

thanks senpai

Was at 275 pounds @5'10 in april
Now at 225 lbs
Preliminary goal is 175lbs, so I'm exactly halfway there now.
What's great is that my leg musculature is pretty strong due to having to get my fat ass up the stairs every day for years. I bet I'll feel like a feather once I drop another 50lbs.

Good-ish. Lost 15 lbs in a little over a month. I did get put on steroids for an ear infection, which made me gain a little back, but nothing huge.

I do need to lose 100 more pounds, though. So far, so good. I do get hungry from time to time, but I don't really want to eat? It's kind of decrease in appetite but not really. If it gets too bad I eat an orange. Fuck me I love oranges.

Also been swimming for an hour and a half a day.

Good on the diet side, but fuck my genetics. Belly fat doesn't want to go away. Slightly visible abs, but it won't go much better than that.

At least I can attract the homo demographic with my perpetual thicc built look.

Tried HIIT for the first time this year. Works like a marvel.

Watch this:

youtube.com/watch?v=ETkwZIi3R7w

And this whole series of videos if you want more info:

youtube.com/watch?v=YpllomiDMX0

Retard here, went from 177 to 167 in 2 1/2 weeks cutting. Just ate a whole pizza.

Am I going to die?

Yes

Hate to break it to ya

Been cutting for damn near a year. Down from 190 to 147. Still have maybe 6-7 more lbs to lose. Time to get rid of that last bit of fat and finally start a slow bulk.

How much damage can you really do to your cut in one day? I m 5'11, 86kg and I'm eating 1500 cals, which according to mfp should have me lose around a kg a week. I'm consistent on weekdays but there's always one day out of the weekend that gets me hard and I'll eat like 3000 cals.

wish i bought a food scale years ago. also tempted to sign up for myfitnesspal premium just to have it easy to have gram as a measurement

badly, i need to find something to be able to snack on after dinner...i keep caving and having instant noodles :/

pefectly.
i got rid of every kind of food in my kitchen and ordered a month worth of joylent.

(for the curious: s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/joylent/app/public/ckeditor_assets/attachments/78/label_banaan140x200def.pdf here are nutritional values)

i'm only eating this for a month.
on day 4 today.

obviously i'm not eating THEIR suggested quantity, but mine, based on my caloric needs to cut

Buy bags of frozen broccoli and microwave half the bag when you get hungry.

Oh God, you'll be fine just stop eating and carry on normally the next day. Don't weigh yourself because pizza = a lot of water weight. I swear some of the people on this board go crazy first eating a little. Worse than the Paleo moms.

What's your favourite go-to low calorie meal, Veeky Forums?

>joylent

lol fucking beta as fuck

care to elaborate?

Dunno. You tell me. Shouldnt my body fat decline chart look a bit like my weight chart?

there are random variations in both variables and mistakes when the data were taken. Don't worry about that, just don't take decisions based on a single data

cook your meals like a fucking man instead of using some faggy hipster soy powder. pathetic.

Yeah but the average looks solid right?

Also is my weight decline healthy? Or should I slow down. Im aiming for 70-71.

not soy, it's oatmeal :)
btw i'm only doing this for the first month, so i can calculate every fucking calorie and do not worry about nutrients.
just look at this as a perfect cut.
since october i'll cook my meals like the rest of us.

yes. You're comparing the decreasing of your total weight with a percentage. The slope shouldn't be equal in both cases, so don't worry about that

6' 201lb 22%bf

25lbs is the aim, by mid-late November started August 19th

Doable on 2100 BMR + 4 days training a week + 400 deficit right brehs?

But if it continues like this Im going to be 60kg before I hit 12%ish.

How are you measuring your BF%?

Withings Scale. But once in 2 weeks I do a 3 fold measurement with a caliper to see if it is in check with the scale. But Im fucking retarded with a caliper and I get different readings every time. So I do it a couple of times and enter the average in a calculator.

Meal prep bro! Having a meal in the fridge with all the right macros makes turning down ze noodels ez mode.

tried looking up ingredients but Joylent website is a nightmare to navigate. can you post nutrient profile?

bingeing on weekends. mon-fri diet on point. still in a defecit though

it's in the pdf i posted above

s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/joylent/app/public/ckeditor_assets/attachments/78/label_banaan140x200def.pdf

nutrients & ingredients

When is the best time to weigh yourself for a more "true" measurement.

morning after peepee

Ignore it and just use the mirror.

Those scales are inaccurate. That wouldn't be a problem except they're inconsistently inaccurate and get fucked up by a thousand different things.

Calipers aren't entirely accurate either but they're also very prone to user error.

man youd be better off just grinding oatmeal into dust and mixing it with whey. that stuff sounds ridiculous. probably paying more than its worth, as well. oh also it has soy flour.

No point in cutting because I'm weak.

it costs less than 2€/meal and it's completly effortless.
and it also act as a multivitaminic.

a container of oats is $2. oats, whey, take a multi. just trying to save you hassle/money, bro.

oats+whey+multi = more than 2€/meal

Pic here ^

Cut going slowly. Would like to think only a few kg to go, but got big parties coming up over the next few weekends which will make things touch.

pretty good, became vegan, cutting is fking easy now

Going alright actually, probs got about two more weeks to go, then I can start maintaining/clean bulking.
Getting a bit bored of the same meals every day so going to make a cauliflower base pizza tonight, hope I don't fuck it up.

how long do you cut for?

>became vegan

Nice, Turned vegetarian earlier this year. Has been 10 months. No chance I'm going back to being a carnivore.

pretty good
lost 4kg in the last 3weeks

About two months, needed to lose about 14 pounds.

shitty memesters saying that vegetarians cant be fit.
do you use any supplements btw?

okay, thx

At 18% bf, feelin kinda bad

Had a labor day family outing yesterday and probably ate 2.5k-3k calories, despite being at a 1.7k TDEE. I'm not going to make it, guys.

Also, are multivitamins worth it? I feel low on energy and get a lot of migraines when adhering to my cut.

maybe its just my science brain, but grams is so much easier on mfp. no fucking around with "cups" or "containers"; just stick everything on the scale.

>been at 15% bf for fucking weeks upon weeks now
>still no ab definition
>doing more exercise than ever
>eating actually less than I was when I started cutting

FUCK

Weighed 285 and got it down to 264 in three months on a keto diet. I'm fucking dying right now I've tried commiting suicide like three times already since I feel like i'd be letting my family down going back to my old ways and also because I was talking mad shit and I'd rather be dead than be wrong. If I end up still looking ugly when I reach my goal weight I'm just going back to my old ways, don't get me wrong I have tons of discipline I will reach my target weight.

u do cardio?

>family outing
>probably ate 2.5k-3k
Should've stuffed your face with tons and tons of veggies, senpai.
That's how I roll and never any issues.

Literally every 2nd day I run 10km

>1.7K tdee
are you sure your not confusing your bmr with you tdee mate

fucked up and had 4 slices of pizza hut on friday, ate a little less and did some extra cardio this weekend, and the excess has been coming off nicely. shooting a music video with my band next week and I'm tryna drop the tiniest extra bit of fat so going into this week with renewed dedication.

I've use Scoob's and the sticky's TDEE calculators. Scoob's has me coming out at 1.7k, the sticky's has me coming out at 2k. Very confusing. Thinking of just doing my cut at 1k flat.

I've been doing IF year round for years.I feel like it really helps me stay lean and fairly Veeky Forums even when I'm not able to go to the gym.

I'm fucking miserable today. so hungry.

I saved up my calories yesterday and had pizza for dinner with a dessert. I stayed within my goal and enjoyed the meal. Then today I just feel like crap because I'm just megacraving shitty food.

I can't focus on anything other than my ravenous hunger. The pizza was delicious but not worth this misery.

I'll stay strong, but this feel is fucking horrible

I have recently seen those Jason Fung videos you're linking to. I have some problems with them, though. The Kevin Hall model he's presenting, which shows that protein oxidation is almost non-existent during fasting, is based on a predictive mathematical model from a 1915 study on a single person.
youtube.com/watch?v=hPi1LQHBWBk
A link to a video where Kevin Hall is presenting the study in question (around 14 min in).
Another thing is that Jason Fung presents a study which showed that people who underwent 70 days of fasting intervention lost a lot of fat but retained all muscle mass. The problem is that those people had an average body fat percentage of 45 % which is clearly not the same as people using IF to cut to single digits while retaining mass and strength.
It's not that I'm against IF, in fact, I love its simplicity and am rooting for it, but these things really should be addressed.

same boat, foam. no HIIT though, I'm a postman so i get about 4-6 hours of cardio 6x a week though.

8KG DOWN IN A LITTLE MORE THAN A MONTH BABY
Feeling gud too

1500 + (3000-1500)/7 is your actual daily average intake retard. So like 1700ish.

>literally 6.5 hours of exercise yesterday, the sweating and panting kind, not bullshitting
>skipped dinner
>ate healthy today, had a small steak for iron and protons
>went grocery shopping, didn't buy a single item of bread or junkfood.
>fridge is stocked with spinach and salad fixings, mushies, fresh produce, milk, meat, and cottage cheese

breddy gud

5'10, 161 lbs (down from 220). last I used my calipers, I was 18% bf.

I want to build muscle, but abs are my number 1 goal. Sucks, feels like I'll be at this forever.

Fine until last night. Friend had a birthday party and I went along with everybody else drinking beer and eating disgusting party food.

Not SO bad because I spent the week before eating under my calorie goal and the day of nothing but a serving of carrots beforehand, but totaling up everything I ate just now made me feel pretty disgusted with myself.

This shitty feeling will be well remembered.

IF at 2500kcal from 4PM till about midnight, went from 92kg to 86.5kg. Stalled though and hovering at 86.5kg for a month now because birthday end of summer binge drinking. I promise that I'll be taking you really seriously in 2 weeks IF please don't give up on me.

Down from 82.5kg to 76kg. Still 6kg to go.

180cm fyi

Lost 8.5kg in 2.5 months, almost halfway done (aiming to lose around 20). going breddy gud.
Also making mad wallet gains after I completly stopped eating out and started cooking stews of 5-6 portions with lunchboxes.

Currently trying to lose my lovehandles then I hope I will look decent. bf estimation would be great and sry for the shitty quality my Nexus 5 camera sucks.

Right after a night's sleep, before drinking and after pissing.
It doesnt make much sense to measure at any other time, the difference between a full and empty bladder is ~0.8kg in my case. When you take into account fresh food and water in your stomach you can get a 2kg measurement error, which is fuck-huge.

Pretty well, starting to get more shredded
Have puffy nips and now when I wear polos and shirts they dont appear to be poking anymore, feels fucking awesome

anyone knows a good TDEE calculator though?
Some give me 1800kcals for cutting at like 500 deficit others 2000kcals

the one that gives 2k is an excel I got from here and seems legit
I'm 177cm and 71.8kg, lift 3x week

Down 20 lbs in a month and a week.

Of course I'm sick right now and just not eating, so that might qualify as cheating. I dunno.

I'm the user who linked the videos by Fung. Quite interesting. Thanks for sharing those problems with his theory.

I'd love to see a better general investigation about IF

Hi again. user who commented here.
Yeah, it would be fantastic to have some more information about the pros and cons of this approach.
Regarding the muscle loss, there are some other studies that deserve to be put in the spotlight in this discussion.
Particularly studies about myonuclear domain theory which basically run along the lines of it being vastly easier to regain lost muscle mass than building new. This effectively means that the muscle loss during a cut isn't such a concern provided that you're not a physique athlete but just a recreational lifter. Anyway here are some articles that touch on it:
sigmanutrition.com/is-slow-and-steady-actually-the-best-way-to-diet-calorie-deficits-2/

daily.barbellshrugged.com/the-new-science-of-muscle-memory/

I've had a fantastic day of eating today

I'm a recovering fatty in a long term cut. What sort of lifting routine can I do to maintain the muscle I have now?

6'2
253 lbs in May
Today I'm 204 lbs

The goal for now is 165 lbs and I know I'm gonna make it, even if I slightly miss binging

6'4
329lb 1.5 months ago
Just now 308lb
Long way to go.

>He trackshis exercise in myfitnesspal

don't trust that exercise calculator mate, its usually much higher than what you're burning

stick with 1700kcal

Is 1.5-2 g/lb LBM really necessary for cutting?

g protein/lb LBM*

>long term cut
also known as a diet

low impact cardio and any beginner lifting routine.

2000 kcal deficit here I go.

I will ruin this picture forever for you

lastnightsparty.com/anthemic/slides/IMG_1701.html

331 down to around 290ish. The scale in my new apartment is shitty and fluctuates depending on where I place my feet relative to center of the scale.

40 pounds lighter is aparrently noticeable to everyone around me, and not myself. I can sort of tell that my face looks slimmer, and my man boobs have kind of receeded. Mostly I just feel a lot better.

Been cutting at around 1500-1800 a day. Also been walking a minimum of 5 miles a day, either through walking to class, or going on designated walks through campus.

Honestly, the biggest help in all of this has been cutting out calories from my beverage consumption. No more pop. Pretty much only drink water or flavored sparkling water (also no cals). I still will drink a cup of milk from time to time.

Haven't had a "cheat day" basically since I started. Depends what a cheat day is I guess. Only crested 2000 calories in a day once in the last 3 months, and 2300 calories is a -1000 defecit in my case.

Goal weight is around 170. I'd like to hit 250 or so by christmas break. I think I can make it.

I don't get it. How is it ruined?

166.6 from 205. should i follow iifym calorie count or just do 1500- im lost and plateaud

How do you do it? What do you usually eat to not get hungry/ if hungry what do you eat?