"I won 6 Mr Olympia titles and I didn't do a single free-weight squat" - Dorian Yates

>"I won 6 Mr Olympia titles and I didn't do a single free-weight squat" - Dorian Yates

Reminder that squats are not necessary if your goal is hypertrophy.

inb4 muh steroids.

Other urls found in this thread:

journals.lww.com/nsca-jscr/Citation/2014/04000/The_Acute_Hormonal_Response_to_Free_Weight_and.22.aspx
digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc149661/m2/1/high_res_d/thesis.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

he's also a cunt and arguably the ugliest mr Olympia winner

The steroids played a big role.

The guy also rowed like a moron. Didn't matter though, he is/was on a lot of juice.

>LOOK, THERE IS THIS ONE CASE WHERE A GUY DIDNT SQUAT AND STILL DEVELOPED LEGS

Congratulations user, mighty good research. I hereby declare you officially excused by the community of Veeky Forums to be a huge cunt and skip your squats.

>implying steroids had nothing to do with it

God damn you twink aesthetic fags are morons.

But he lost because of his legs ?

>one outlier represents all

i dont do squats and have big legs

legpress is just better

and you know what .. i have no backpain ;))

Muh leg press. Muh shirty sqiat

>you literally can't skip squats and have good legs. you can't
>this guy didn't squat and built huge legs? lol uh oh, doesn't matter, he doesn't count, and you're a moron
Veeky Forums

I want to look like him.

So? Every bodybuilder roids.

You fucking what ? he's a handsome big oaf.
stop drinking phil's bbc coolaid

But Dorian Yates did do squats - he did them in the machine.

This man singlehandedly ruined bodybuilding, so his opinion doesn't matter.

>implying squats aren't objectively the best overall leg exercise for a natty lifter
Juiced vs no juice lifters have very different training regimens where the roided guys can get away with lots of hypertrophy and still recover from it. And this guy was on a lot of juice.

You don't know what those words in that order mean. You're just repeating shit you read on Veeky Forums without knowing how or why the person who wrote that got to that conclusion.

>squats aren't objectively the best overall
For fucking what ? Overall health ? probably, you hit CNS most with squats, if you wanna dice you legs up or atleast get them shredded them you have to build either around squats or incorporate with squats, legpress, leg extensions, single leg curls, hack squats the whole shebang. Most people are either lazy or just plain fucking dumb > Nah bro I don't use machines for legs, I do 3x5 squats, thats enough for entire week

Congratulations! That's the secret! Bodybuilders are on roids and thus anything they do will work which is why you SHOULDN'T EVER LISTEN TO ANY OF THE DUMB SHIT THEY SPEW OUT OF THEIR VEINY, SHREDDED FACEHOLES E.G. THE RETARDED OP.

>lots of hypertrophy

>thus anything they do will work
Not true at all. Look at Kevin Nee vs Big Z
Both use lots of drugs, one was a journeyman wasteman and the other is the GOAT.

You don't need to do any single exercise. Is doing squats a good idea? Yes. Is it absolutely, 100% necessary to do them? No

>legpress
>better
but it's literally not
journals.lww.com/nsca-jscr/Citation/2014/04000/The_Acute_Hormonal_Response_to_Free_Weight_and.22.aspx
full text: digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc149661/m2/1/high_res_d/thesis.pdf

Thats because you don't have back

post legs. we will decide if you have big legs
also, i don't have back pain and i squat 4pl8 for reps

Nah I'm straight. Thanks though.

>small legs detected

>I have no legs

With the amount of roid he's using, I doubt the lifting part played any role in gaining muscle
The guy could sit there and gain muscle

Yeah dude. I took a steroid yesterday and now I'm huge!

>ex national front
> introduces slin + hgh into pro-bodybuilding along with all the health concerns abusing these drugs carry
> blatantly bull-shits about the amount of gear he ran
>irl cunt
> daddy issues......reinforcing stereotypes that bodybuilding is a mental illness
> can't squat.
> has a girls name
> dates female bodybuilder with dick-clit.....so probably repressed homosexual further reinforcing negative bodybuilder stereotypes.
> bribed 1995 olympia judges to beat Nasser El Sonbaty who was clearly superior.

Same.

>le sill need hard training while roiding meme

I'm saying this opposite. I didn't do any work and I'm a god now.

Squats are for people who want to save time, working the entire lower body with one movement.

Most people aren't full time bodybuilders.

>le sill need hard training while roiding meme
you do
Do you think this fucker doesn't put work in?

lel
this guy literally took naps between sets and skipped workouts
you're only letting us know you don't know any roiders IRL. they get a better workout than you just by looking at weights

Roids + being an extreme genetic outlier

>Squats are for people who want to save time, working the entire lower body with one movement.
stop posting

>i have no legs and i must shitpost

It's necessary for the natty who would like to excel in strength.
However, not necessary for the walking meme who "just wants to be toned, breh"

>im not a powerlifter but i still deadlift and squat
lamo

If you think squats are (keyword) necessary to have big legs you are genuinely retarded and don't know anything about weightlifting

>space after le arrow
triggered

>implying you can build quads doing exercises with knee extension which aren't a squat
>not knowing about the quad gains goblin who shrinks your quads when you're sleeping if you don't do actual free-weight barbell squats

"Some people's joints articulate in a manner that allows them to benefit greatly from squats; others may not benefit at all. If you're not too tall and have short limbs, it may be the best exercise for you, but if you're tall with long legs, it might be both ineffective and dangerous.I was stubbornly faithful to squats for years until I finally realized they were not well-suited for my body structure. After I switched to more muscle-intensive movements, my gains in leg size were astounding."

- Dorian Yates

Steve harvey on them roids bruh

MANLETS BTFO

ONLY MANLETS CONFIRMED FOR SQUATTERS

now i get why all these manlets here love squatting

that study is strange, they say that the workload was greater for the squat, but they both felt the same relative effort. I know for myself that even factoring in that leg pressing is roughly 60% of the weight loaded, I easily do 7 plate for sets of 10 on leg press which should equal a 365lbs load on squats, on the legs at least, and I can do that with minimal rest, if I did that on squats for sets of 10 Id probably want like 7 minute breaks.

>baby faggot legs detected

???

do whatever exercises you enjoy and fit your goals and time constraints

does anyone think everyone has to do a specific set of exercises irrespective of their goals?

>does anyone think everyone has to do a specific set of exercises irrespective of their goals?
90% of Veeky Forums
... th-thanks Rippetoe

>saying inb4 refutes any possible counter argument, no matter how retarded your point is
heh

How the fuck do you get back pain by squatting? Shit form?

Squats are good for strength, they use more muscles at once, and that'll help your other compounds at the same time. I always find there's a fair bit of leg drive in Bench,.

you might be straight but you're a faggot.

>you're only letting us know you don't know any roiders IRL.
I know a shit ton of roiders. They all bust their arses in the gym
Roids or not, you don't loglift 350lbs without serious effort

I get more back and knee pain from leg press than squats.

arnold won 3 more and did squats, you mad?

>Completely missing the point

not really

Why the fuck is there such an obsession with squats on the internet?

They are just a fucking exercise, and if you don't want to do them you don't have to. There are plenty of other ways of getting big legs.

>free-weight squat

If squats were exclusively free-weight there would be no reason for him to include this precursor.

Ergo, ur a fag

what point? this a shit thread

autists and low-test virgins love squats because they're only good at lower body lifts
internet happens to be full of those people because their real lives suck
they also release their frustration on the internet so whenever they notice someone saying anything about squats and not praising them, they get really angry
it's so obvious 2bh

Found the legday skipper.

Nobody doubted that you can build big legs without squats, it's just that I don't want to look big I wanna be fucking big and be able to lift some fucking weight and don't sit on a leg press looking like a dyel asshole.

Bodybuilders are pathetic people, it's not even a sport.