Russia won the space rac-

>Russia won the space rac-

Sweetie...

Am I the only one who thinks the Space Race was ridiculous? It resulted in great scientific achievements but it was caused by something as petty as basically international dick waving. "Durrr my dick is bigger than yours!!!" "No mine is xD"

>competishun... bad!

What's wrong with that, are you a f*male?

I didn't know the race was over.

Competition isn't bad but when competition is that petty it's kinda ridiculous.

>Space Race
Like what, first guy to get to place x gets a prize? If you want to call it a race, it would be an ongoing one.

The tech was pretty damn useful, the satellites that is. The sputnik-shock was real, and for good reason. Going to the moon was more of a dickwaving show, but a pretty impressive one at that.

It's bad when competition is just for the sake of competition. When the USSR collapsed, when stop doing anything on the moon.
Lucky we still have the pajeets and chinks to kick start another race.

Yes? Why would you ever have a problem with competition that makes both parties strive for greatness? Weirdo

It is called Space Race and not Moon Race for a reason, amerimutt.

>soviets spend all their resources for the Space Race
>leave their economy in shambles
>too late to back out so instead use it all to build nukes and military because everyone wants to leave your failed state
>start a war in afghanistan and get btfo
>collapses
USSR was a fucking joke

aw cheer up Vlad, maybe you’ll get em next time

>Russia does everything but put a man on the moon
>Americans claim victory

The space race was stupid. We should be working for the betterment of humanity with cooperation not competition. This bullshit about how competition improves everything is a very stupid American mindset.

A joke that still beat you in sending a man up into space first. Stay mad burger, dont forget to take all that salt to your moon colonies lmao.

*collapses*

shhh it’s ok Pavel, maybe the next iteration of your country WON’T collapse into dictatorship and recsssion within half a decade, anything’s possible!

Competition does not improve anything, it is rather the fact that without competition there is simply no drive. You will never get your ass up and work on shit without pressure.
Thoughts like "we will go into space for humankind" and idealistic shit like that is daydream material, wont get you far. All major accomplishments are driven by feral desires which people never speak about of course. But they are there, and you can bet your ass that every great man and civillization was not driven by naive and fluffy thoughts about great futures and smiling kids. They just obsessively thought about showing the fuccbois they chose to antagonize whos boss.

This is as pseudopsychological as On Killing. Congratulations, you have proven absolutely nothing and just used conjecture.

It is really funny how you automatically assume I am a sovietboo or atleast a russian. Whys that? Would me being from Nigeria automatically deweaponize your "argument" or something?
Absolutely pathetic Tyrone. Even if you won (which is not the case) it was the citizens of US who won and not you nigger dad and mexican mum.

it's also funny that you automatically assume everyone is american
everyone who's not a braindead vatnik, see's the USSR of what a joke and travesty of human ethnics it was. Everyone from the americans, western euro's, eastern euro's, even fucking chinese.

>just used conjecture

It is not like I responded to an argument which deserved some kind of proof, being conjecture aswell. It is simply how I experienced the world so far. Nobody I know is driven by some higher ideals, atleast not directly. Sure, everyone babbles on about it, but noone really sticks to it, only aslong as it suits their personal human desires.
I will live with this conjecture until someone manages to prove me wrong, which I really doubt.

>being this mad you don’t live in a free society
you can always immigrate, Viktor.

Anecdotal evidence does not an argument make.

You just do not get it idiot.
I am not discussing whether the Soviet Union was a great country and a role model for a modern society. I am simply statig that they won, and there is nothing you can do about it.
We can also open the next can of worms and state that US lost Vietnam, will you start calling me Trang Ang and telling me what a pile of shit country Vietnam is while making witty remarks about their main export being tranny hookers and rice?
You niggers just cant stay on point, completely absorbed in your egos on some stupid persian mosaic crafting forum.

> I am simply statig that they won, and there is nothing you can do about it.
>won
Oh yes, USSR is such a great country today

You automatically assumed that poster was a burger, though, so practice what you preach, Ivan

It actually does, anecdotal evidence is still evidencd, it is just not a strong argument. Which as I stated before, is completely sufficient for your own flimsy "argument".
Instead of arguing that arguments are not arguments you should probably engage them on a face level once in a while.

Not even that user but this is getting so stupid. Your argumentative skills are zero. Stop posting.

>samefagging this hard
you tried ivan

Are you being retarded on purpose. Won the Space Race, which is the topic of the thread. You remember that right?

I am just feeding you your own medicine, Cleetus.

>the first man into space = we won the space race
Slow and steady wins the race, nigger.

A race is about crossing the finish line first.
You cant arrive at the goal with a medal from another race and claim that you have won this one aswell.

>apollo wasn't part of the space race!
Lmaoing at your life senpai

it's funny that ruskies can only cling to Space Race as their biggest achievement ever when in reality it was fucking useless

>going to the Moon was worthwhile

Space travel is one of the most important technological developments.

It's our shit tier capitalist liberal democracy that has failed to make any use of it.

*blocks your path*
Hичeгo личнoгo, дитё.

yeah, and russians are having such a great success at that

>when in reality it was fucking useless

Dude, don't use the satellites then.

if you want to off the ISS, then you kiss the Russian's butts

they are the only nation that can put a man into or out of outer space

US doesn't have the capability anymore
maybe the Chinese?