Is bmi bullshit? according to my bmi i am obese...

is bmi bullshit? according to my bmi i am obese. i could lose a few pounds but 32 pants are big on me and i don't shop at fat person's stores

bmi is retarded for many reasons, the best way is bodyweight/bodyfat%

and get bloodwork done by the doctors to check your levels

Google it OP.

Depends on your bf%, you may just store fat above the waist.

its a scale for deciding obesity not a nigger vs niggerfaggot indictator~

depends on muscle mass and height desu. if you're a very average height and sedentary as fuck then it can be okay but it legit loses accuracy at even like 5'9/5'10+

this. nothing makes me madder than people going "omg bmi is so innacurate blah blah"

>5'9
>175 lbs
>skinny as fuck
>not even very muscular
>classified as overweight

the scale is retarded

You're skinnyfat

You're probably fat

BMI is only wrong when you have considerable muscle mass. This includes no women who do not use steroids.

BMI is retarded but it's more likely you're just fat.

BMI is horrendously inaccurate when it comes to people like a lot of rugby players/etc.

bmi is bullshit only for top level athletes. For males it's "good enough" more than 80% of the time.

Most fatties delude themselves and think the reason their BMI is high is because they have muscle hiding under their fat, but generally they just have more fat under that fat instead.

>you're skinnyfat

I bench 2pl8 and deadlift 4pl8. not skinnyfat bruh, just a regular sized person

i did the math and when i get swole i'll probably be bordering on "obese"

Neither of those are impressive. You have little muscle mass and a lot more fat mass than it looks like.

bmi is only a good measure when used with hip circumference and body fat %. it's best used for sedentary populations but useless if you have well above average muscle mass, which i'm willing to bet you don't

>neither of those are impressive

He's giving you a point of reference, retard.

Furthermore, those numbers are far beyond the abilities of nonlifters. You're basically calling him weak for not fatsquatting 900 lbs. End yourself.

>425lb deadlift
>skinnyfat

lol ok bruh whatever you say. Obviously I'm not competitive powerlifting tier but a 4 pl8 deadlift and 2pl8 takes me out of "skinny fat" mode.

the truth is that BMI is a flawed index

op here, i know i'm fat and i'm working on that but i just looked up my bmi and i haven't been "normal" since i was a child and i've only been fat for a few years

>a 4 pl8 deadlift and 2pl8 takes me out of "skinny fat" mode
no it doesn't. you can be skinny fat and move that much weight

I guarantee you wear your pants under your bulging stomach if you're obese and size 32 is "too big".

no, i belt them up just below my navel

lmao do you really think i'm skinnyfat

shows how dumb BMI supporters are

>is bmi bullshit?
no, it's a pretty useful tool when studying populations. height and weight are often readily available, and you can assume that if a population's average BMI went up they got fatter, not swole.

the main problem with BMI is that almost everyone misunderstands it. if you at any point apply BMI to an individual then you're a moron. if you complain about BMI being inaccurate for individuals then you're a moron. it is not made for individuals, it's made for studying populations, and that's the only way it should be used.

now take a photo with your arms down, fattie

Is this a meme? Look at that pooch.

This. BMI is a basic tool and if you lift weights then no fucking shit a bmi scale doesn't apply to you. It honestly doesn't surprise me that people are debating it in this thread though because most of you are retarded.

I was skinnyfat when I had those numbers, plus I was a manlet.

That's because you're fucking stupid

oh that makes sense, thanks

this so hard

What's your bf%? You can still lift and have excess fat

Yall mirin?

>lmao do you really think i'm skinnyfat
lmao yes

Why are you're nipples so small

Mfw you weigh as much as me

That's because you are an absolute moron.

Pic related is overweight according to BMI, very close to obese actually

Not OP but where else would he wear them?
Aren't pants meant to sit around your waist which is under your stomach?

"Weight" doesn't = fat (body fat)

In fact, i was about to type a load of stuff out but you're either a troll or an idiot and i don't have time for you.

>i'm the idiot
The point remains that bmi is fucking retarded. I have to pay more for health insurance because of bmi, but the people who are 'normal range' are skinnyfat wownerd kids who have a mountain dew cheeto diet.

You're a fucking moron and you have absolutely nothing to reply with

Fatties gon' fat.

I know right. Pretty sure I have high bone density. When I was 140 last year everybody told me I was hungry skelly so I started lifting and put on about 35 lbs. My lifts doubled from lmao1pl8 bench and lmao2pl8 dl and I've definitely put on some mass but I'm still far from filled out. Tryna fix my flat stanley syndrome. Plenty of room on my frame. Will def be "obese" when I hit strongmode