Another BDD thread. Anyone regret trying to get fit?

Another BDD thread. Anyone regret trying to get fit?

bumping out of interest

how many of you have muscle dysmorphia?

sometimes i see huge jacked guys posting here asking if they'll ever gonna make it, didn't they make it already? is "making it" some sort of perfect unreachable fantasy created in your head to help you cope with the fact that you're miserable and your life is shit and maybe there's a bright, perfect future for you?

I have BDD, but it doesn't only have to do with not having enough muscle, it's about my body in general being inadequate. Being a girl can be hard sometimes, there's a lot of pressure to look a specific way. I don't regret getting fit, if anything lifting has helped because I see how much weight I've lost and I see my body composition changing-- that being said, I'm not sure when it'll be enough for me. I keep saying "I have to just lose another 10-15lbs, then I'll look alright and then I can eat at maintenance and focus even more on my lifts." I'm not sure when the cycle will end though, as losing weight only makes me want to lose even more because of things like lower ab fat, arm fat, etc. I scrutinize myself a lot when I look in the mirror.

anyone get intense feelings of rage when they have to touch/see their flaw? the fact that when I bend over I can feel my stomach sends me into a rage

Something that I find helps is that i have confidence not in my body, but in the fact that I can change/improve my body

>liftan for nearly 2 years 5 days a week
>think I'm only huge when pumped
>guy I work with sees me at the gym
>"holy fuck you're bigger than I thought"
>look at old pics
>feel like I'm the Hulk
>go back to lifting
When do I stop lifting?

>Being a girl can be hard sometimes
There it is

Be a KHV somewhere else.

when you die

I feel like I might have it, I never feel big enough even though I'm pushing myself well beyond what I normally should.

I was honestly much happier one year into my fitness regime because I was pretty buff for a fat kid, not pretty small for my dream figure.

I have dysmorphia for my face

The key is to base your progress and goals on concrete things like lift x amount or weigh x amount so you can objectivly reach them. If your goals are "get big" or other vague shit its much harder to feel like youve achieved anything

>girls crying about how hard it is to look good while they dont have to pin their glutes and maintain a 2g protein/1kg bw strict diet and kill your joints with 5 plaet deadlifts

and meanwhile bigorexia isnt even universally recognised as an actual problem

if you google BDD most of the images and articles cover bigorexia and its medically recognized so I dont see your point. Also unless theyre overdosing on steroids anorexia is more dangerous than bigorexia. If you've ever seen a girls diet when trying to lose weight with BDD it usually consists of days of fasting on and off or eating three grapes and some saltines.

not sure if you're still here but i'm fairly lean, like 12% bodyfat, the only place i have large deposits of fat left is my hips, whenever people touch them it pisses me the fuck off, i hate it.

>girls are retarded and diet themselves to death because they dont know about anything
>they have it so hard user :^(

>men are retarded and have heart attacks and ruin their spine because they dont know about anything
>they have it so hard :(

I only realize about my size when I accidentally get reflected in a mirror or a glass door and am around normie people. That's the time I realize I'm some kind of Hulk for 99% of the population.

Also sometimes i'm hanging around firends and realize my forearm is as thicker as their legs. But that doesn't say so much about me as about their useless and nonexistant musclemass.

honestly, dont listen to whatever Veeky Forums says about women and the stupidity of "my girlfriend has an indent on her thigh, should i make her diet?" and general retardation thats on this board.

>is "making it" some sort of perfect unreachable fantasy created in your head to help you cope with the fact that you're miserable and your life is shit and maybe there's a bright, perfect future for you?

Yes.

holy shit user yes so much, ultimately though it's a good motivator.

this, though I'm not sure if it counts as dysmorphia if my mug really is objectively ugly

I won't feel like I've made it till girls flock to my meaty dick

Compared to the average Veeky Forums fag I'm ripped as shit. Lets be real you're all DYELs ... but compared to to the top 3 at my gym I'm DYEL so....

Fuck I'll never be satisfied.

Yes, I lift for womyn. My parents did t love me and neither do girls I've met. I can meet more girls. I'll never meet different parent.

>195lbs with visible abs
>still feel small when I look in mirror.

I'm sure my giant head makes it worse, makes my body look smaller in proportion.

Not sure if BDD

Was a fat kid but never felt v fat, always look at pictures of me when I was younger and thought I looked ok and I was fat as shit. I don't feel fat anymore. People tell me I'm not fat and I pull cute girls and shit but I feel fat and I also feel like my arms are too small even though I'm also told I look strong.

I feel like I look fat and weak and have no idea how others view me desu. No one told me I was fat when I really really was fat as shit.

post pic
blurr face if you want

I've had a lot of surgeries in my life, went down to 52kg (I am 193cm tall), then had to fight my way back up before more shit happened and desu my relationship with liftin' is am amibguos one at best.

Yes, it motivates me to work towards my goal body. Yes, it makes me realize how fortunate I am to be able to move, lift, live, etc, etc, but I have also become overly critical, am never satisfied with my body, lifts, etc.

Esp when I see ppl who apparently picked up lifting 3-6 month ago and surpass my physique when I've been at it for close to 2 years now. Dont help that I hate eatin' with a passion. Where my Crohn's disease homies at?

I have BDD maybe I still have it a little. got to the point where I couldn't look in the mirror.

I had a lot of therapy and it helps. CBT. it felt like I wasn't getting anywhere for the longest time and then things started to fall into place.

I'm sure a lot of Veeky Forums would think I'm DYEL and look awful. I think those were the same hyper-critical eyes I used to look at myself through.

100% honestly Veeky Forums isn't a good place to be. Most of the people here aren't your bros. There is this awful Crab mentality here where we drag each other down trying to get to the top.

I totally took myself away from the beauty side of fitness. I love lifting so focused more on the powerlifting side. I don't claim to be a power lifter or anything. I just found the community to be a little more healthy for body image.

Ironically I'm probably the best I've ever looked whilst caring the least. don't obsess as much over veins and small body fat percentages. I feel more comfortable taking risks and trying new things. I used to worry about losing what little I had. Bad days at the gym used to crush me because i could feel myself getting smaller and fatter
You will always "feel" your stomach skin has mass. I have visable abs and still get skin rolls.

I get the opposite of this.

Whenever I look at myself I see small arms etc. But when I look and the mirror I see big muscles and feel secure. Is this normal?

>Muh Pecs when I'm cutting
>Muh biceps when Im bulking

I get that when I see my acne in a mirror. The realisation of how terrible it looks makes me rage internally and I can feel my stomach twist

I think I'm developing it as we speak. I've always hated how I look but used to, it was "I wish I had a flat stomach", now it's "I wish I was 6' and 200+ pounds of solid muscle like a real man."

I feel like I do the same thing to other people too though. Like I can't help but notice how out-of-shape both males and females around me are, and my standards for girls being fat are even offensive to my skinny male friends.

And who is this semen demon?