Too depressed to lift

>Too depressed to lift
>Not lifting makes depression worse
Guys

I was going to offer sympathy but then I saw your nigger twitter image and realized you're probably a teenager and your "depression" is over not having sex.

It ironic pepe meh mem bro

You lift despite depression, genius.

It's called stepping outside of your emotions, which is possible and not complicated.

"I feel bad, let me lift anyway even if it won't be the best workout"

Done, and you'll feel better afterward.

Life is a giant black void until you find God.

>tfw cant lift until october because of abdominal surgery
>tfw no cardio until 2 weeks, and it cant be too strenuous
>tfw feel my depression getting worse and my muscles starting to fade

True

this.

Lifting teaches depressed people one important thing: sometimes there are things you MUST do and it will make everything better. But you must do them, no excuses, no being depressed, wake up, fucking do it, cry blood while you are trying - dont care, but you must get your shit together and do it.

Apply this principle to other things in life and suddenly you are a functioning, much happier human being.

Regards, I spent six months in mental wards and after 7 years im kind of fine. If I could fight it off, you can too.

agree!

i save that my friend

>failed two modules in my masters course
>resitting year
>Can't attend classes as they are in Amsterdam, and I can't afford to live there.
>Doing the courses remotely, from my parents house
>So paranoid about failing, anxiety is back. All I do all day is work, panic that I am going to fail again and get Veeky Forums.
>see my friends maybe once a week if i'm lucky
>Can feel myself slipping back to anxious/socially awkward ways again
>Can't find a part-time job
>no money
>not had sex in a year
>living in my home town, but it doesn't feel like home anymore
>I have to see my father everyday, who cheated on my mum
>she doesn't know, she would kill herself if she did

At least I broke my 5k PR yesterday...

Slam a preworkout and get your ass to the gym like everybody else does. Not everyone goes to the gym at 100% physical and emotional fitness every day.

So.. Force yourself to go to the gym?
Forcing yourself is literally the only way to make depression not get shittier, even though it can be really hard.
I really gotta start getting on meds, though.

>last day in my home state before I leave the continent for at least a year
>just found out my lifelong friend dog who remained my one constant after moving around so much might have kidney failure

look OP, i was like you in college. i didn't lift at that point, but i quit going to class because i was so depressed. fucked up my relationship, my dad was a piece of shit, and everything just got to be too much. i seriously thought about killing myself daily for a couple months.

finally, after skipping class for way too long, fucking up my grades, and deciding i was gonna withdraw from the semester and drop out, i opened up to a close friend and told him everything. i felt like a fucking faggot, but i after saying one thing, more just kept flowing out. eventually, he just said "what would happen if you just went? like despite everything, just keep putting one foot in front of the other and just go? like what's the worst that could happen?"

for some reason, that was really poignant for me. the next day i just said fuck it, and went to class. it wasn't that bad. then i went the next day, and it wasn't bad. then whenever i'd have a shitty day where i'd start falling into the black hole that i was in before, i'd just tell myself "just go." just fucking go. what's the worst that could happen?

i ended up fixing my grades that semester and graduated on time. without that little push i would have probably dropped out, been on the hook for all scholarship money i received that semester since i'd withdraw, and have to work shitty jobs while living at home until i got my shit together.

OP, your situation is a lot easier than mine. just go to the gym. what's the worst that could happen? just fucking go, man.

also, on a different note, would it be gay to get "just go" tattooed on my chest? like in a normal font, nothing fancy, just as a reminder every morning when i see it in the mirror. those two words literally changed my life

time to abuse PWO

>buy a rolex to impress chicks
>it works once but when she asks to look closer she sees the bite marks in my forearms
>ask me about it
>no good response and i sperg out
>have them on both arms so now i realize ive gone and made a huge mistake

if only i could think of a good excuse for it ;-;
so anyone wanna buy a watch

>if only i could think of a good excuse for it ;-;

tell her you used to distribute food in Africa and almost got eaten by cannibals

you get to look like a good guy AND a badass

>rolex

You fucked up son, should have bought a patek-philippe

Only advice I got is to drink a lot of coffee

yes it would make you look like a faggot senpai

thanks i won't

I love how you say "too" depressed like depression is just sadness over lack of gf.
Frogposters a SHIT no exception

if only that would work
i decided to just stop wearing it, the marks doesnt show much unless someone is looking closely and paying attention to my forearms so i might be ok

im a pleb

There can be varying levels of depression, double guy

yeah I was non functional and lived off my savings for the last year, tried suicide when I ran out of money but I forced myself to get a job, I'm back in the gym and feeling a lot better. Still have suicidal thoughts and shit, but at least I am doing shit now.

I'm proud of you and all, but don't get that tattoo.
Just, trust me on this.

That's a really nice showerhead you got there, Pepe

Can you do curls?

checks out sans the part about teenager

Go for a run. It's a lot easier to muster up the motivation to just get out the door and jog somewhere than to take a trip to the gym, and afterwards, there's a good chance you'll have the motivation to go lift.

It's impossible to substitute willpower for discipline or motivation in the long term. I'm not saying it's a bad thing to force yourself to do what you know you should be doing (far from it), but you should also be searching for a sustainable solution, because doing what you don't want to do can only last so long.