sport-sheffield.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

my uni gym sucks
fucking niggers throwing around weights and screaming like apes the whole time
groups of asians hogging everything in the area
fat 'powerlifters' screaming and slamming weights doing 3pl8 deadliffts
I'd rather pay to avoid all that cancer

tfw 'uni gym' costs 20 bucks a month :-/

While everyone's at my uni's gym, there's not a lot of people at other gyms. I can do whatever the fuck I want, really.

If I wanted to go lift at the gym attached to the school I graduated from it would cost me $350 a year. It is an extremely nice gym, but $350? Nah lol

ours is free. I just can't go at certain times cause the regular idiots hugg all the proper racks. Apart from that it's awesome.

>>just pay $20 to register at local uni for free gym

That's only if you're a student, alumni or faculty.

It's more expensive than a regular gym by far otherwise. Also even if you are a student it's far from free, you're paying huge tuition.

I live in SA and pay the equivalent of US$25 a month to train on the best gym in the town, it's a really nice place with all the necessary equipment and a 7x brazillian bodybuilder champion as the manager.
With US$400 a month you can get a nice place, food, gym and parties all along.

>just pay $20 to register at local uni for free gym
The gym is funded from your tuition you fucking retard.

Yuropoor education everyone.

that's free too, fatburger

>tfw full ride

my uni gym is £100 for the whole year. Pretty decent desu

Anyone here study at Uni Gent?

Weber State for me. Was local and good scholarship offer

>dollars
>Europe

>paying for gym membership at uni

Gym membership is packaged with tuition here.

There is that though. It's not a problem if you go at odd hours, but I miss how much space there is in a public gym in a college town (plus pretty much everyone there is a non-student, so the dudebros per capita are way down)

Gave up my gym membership this year after having one for almost 6 years. Got tired of having to schedule my life around it, so I bought a treadmill, a curling bar and some adjustable dumbbells. Best decision I've made in a while. No more fuckface assholes hogging the squat rack/weights for an hour or snotty little whores giving you dirty looks for checking them out because, YEAH, you're really there to work off that extra 5lbs so you can be 90lbs and not at all there to find and hook up with some roided out meathead who you'll hope has a trust fund and a cock that hasn't shrunk because of said roids.

Fuck gyms. But your own shit and it will pay for itself while saving you time and bullshit!!!FACT!!! youtu.be/95HzMhkO0ZI

Where in SA though? Will I be shot for being white and wealthy?

>you're really there to work off that extra 5lbs so you can be 90lbs and not at all there to find and hook up with some roided out meathead who you'll hope has a trust fund and a cock that hasn't shrunk because of said roids.

Why the fuck do you care if that's what they're there for? As long as they're not taking up a rack, there's no reason to care about gold diggers being gold diggers in your vicinity, especially if they don't want your attention. Or are you upset because they don't want your attention?

100% CORRECT!!!FACT!!!

Am I the only one whose gym isn't garbage? The only real problem it has is that it doesn't have enough power racks during peak hours and it doesn't have any squat racks to offload any of that traffic. Everyone there tends to quietly mind their own business.

That's the problem though, they're ALWAYS hogging the racks used for serious weightlifting and they do it so some built guy will have to ask them how many sets they have left, thus opening the door for a conversation. I've seen this shit hundreds of times and it's always the same scrawny bitches with 2% body fat. I'm at the gym to work out, not fucking socialize with some quim, so FUCK OFF!!!FACT!!!

Sounds like it. I was a member of two different gyms over the last six years and I'm fucking tired of that shit. It's either the whores there to show off and take up racks/machines you want to use or its the screaming meatheads/blacks throwing their weights to the fucking floor. But over the last two to three years I'm seeing large groups of either Asians/Indians/Pakistani's who fuck around, use something for an hour and spend most of their time posing in the mirror or dick with their motherfucking phones!!!FACT!!!

Spill it, bro. Where are you lifting?

>Uni gym used to cost $2 per visit
>Uni builds amazing new gym. Leases it out to a separate company.
>mfw membership is $750-800 per year despite the clientele being almost exclusively broke uni students
>th-thanks capitalism

>Be at UCSB
Gym is included in tuition and fees
>Leave UCSB
15 a day. Or 60 bucks a month. or 575 a year

I cant stand this per month shit I much rather just pay the year upfront.One less thing to worry about.

>dollars
>Europe
lol

thats p good though

I've worked out there. 4 free

>not banging thirsty gym whores for a post workout test boost
You're an idiot trip fag.

Hahaha my uni gym is free and its the best gym ive seen

I'm staff for a uni and the gym is something like $30/month. But it's also a psuedo-military school so it's always crowded with people that [spoiler]genuinely know how to lift and intimidate me[/spoiler]

for me the access to the gym is just a bonus

the 2 free training sessions more than make up for what I paid for even a year of membership

gonna pay this South African Goddess $60 an hour for training now to make me strong

100!!!!

:') :')

I just go to my local community college where I register for a half unit course ($23) that allows gym access. Shitty hours, but it ain't bad otherwise.

My uni gym is like £150 a year if you get off-peak membership. It's also rammed at all of its limited hours, except for the 30 minutes it first opens.

Rather pay £12/mo, for 24h access to my closer commercial gym.

Fuck m8 my shitty uni gym costs like 40€ a month. Not worth it

>just pay $20 to register at local uni for free gym
That works really well for those of that have long graduated

>not lifting at a home gym

Its almost like you dont want to make it

lol what, my uni gym is £111 for a year, whereas the off-peak membership is £60.

I pay 150$ a month to avoid niggers

This is gospel. Absolutely true (Britfag)

>$800/yr
the personal trainers better suck me off between sets if they charge that much.

Just checked, these are the listed 'early bird' prices for the year.

Annual off peak £197 / 9 Month Off Peak £170
Annual Peak £257 / 9 month peak £225

sport-sheffield.com/

Not sure but apparently my uni's gym only operates like 4 hours a week, top kek.

mfw i've seen home gyms better than our tiny uni gym

That just makes sense, even without complaining about the clientele, as 12x12 is £144, so less than the uni gum that is further away and packed.

Do people on this board go to school?

>join National Guard
>go to Basic Training, get Common Access Card
>get done with Basic Training, go back home
>use Common Access Card to get onto Air Force Base
>use incredible Air Force gym
>see nobody because non-military people can't come in and the airmen who live on/near the base don't want to do PT

Why are you guys not joining? You are literally a professional athlete. If you're worried about deployment, don't be, because most people just lift in their off time on deployment anyway.

>go to gym at base
>full of kids and army wives.
>women's only hours from 0900-1300

Just checked UB, it's $20 /MO for non-affiliated people. Still better than a lot of gyms, esp considering how many facilities there are. Full track, pool, sauna, separate room for people taking up room stretching, basketball, tennis, etc

Because enlisted people are generally insufferable

Or you could barter. I do one night a week (Sunday is quiet night) doing locker room janitoring.

In return - free gym - including when closed since I am technically an employee.

>wiping down jizz to save $20

>>women's only hours from 0900-1300
I've never been to a base that had a gym that did this.
It's counterintuitive to both genders and blatantly sexist.
I go to a military gym every day from 1100-1230. Best gym experience i've ever had.

>tfww when people say >tfw when

to be fair, there are 2 gyms on base, but the "crossfit gym" (the area with power racks and freeweights) has women's only hours.

Oh, well that's why.
They have the unit gyms (gyms specifically designated to support a section of the base) and they have speciality gyms. Which are more like private gyms.

My gym is a unit gym, it's right across the road from where I work. It's shit in the morning because like 300 people try to use it for morning PT.
It's great in the afternoon or lunch though, because everyone is at work and it's only for service members.
It's also a pretty nice gym, we even have a grass field in the middle for shuttle sprints.
Kind of crazy when I think about it.

Thanks guys, I never considered the local college gym as a non-student/alumni/staff. I just found out mine is amazing and less than the cost of the run down YMCA we have.

The gym I go to has a pool. An outdoor pool across the parking lot, but still a pool.
That, and the weight room is filled with weights but usually no people. In the morning, all the airmen doing PT are on the PT fields doing cartwheels or whatever the Air Force does for PT.

>uni gym is roughly $75 a year. About 3600 pesos(philippenis)
>see a bunch of curl bros, guys squatting with retarded form, guys legpressing with retarded form, gym bullies who couldnt bench more than 1pl8, guys who do situps in the gym unironically, plates all over the floor
>i havent even seen anyone squat more than me and i can only do lmao1.5pl8
>havent seen anyone deadlift more than me and i can only do lmao2.25pl8

still took it though because free tshirt and free pen and also the clubhouse for the fitness club is comfy and we can hangout there and watch tv

Sorry to hear that man, airforce always gets the best of everything and they are in no way deserving of any of it.
I've never met one outside of pilot and air crew that was worth a damn.
Most of them are supply bitches, like you get paid more than minimum wage to fucking move boxes onto airplanes?
It's pathetic, their deployments a re spent with near zero stress in comparison.

>for free
uuh amerifats have to pay thousands of dollars for university

>Donald Trump as potential candidate
>joining any sort of military with impending WW3
No thanks I value my life

I wouldn't be that hard on them. I talk shit because they're a different branch and everything, but some of them are alright.
Their PT is pathetic, though. And their funding is ridiculous. But, deployments themselves are stressful. True they deploy for about a third as long, but it's still deployment.

But their PT is shit and their bases are too good for what they do. Did you know that Airmen who live on Army bases get a "slumming" allowance for living below their standard of living?

Yes and over half of all Army barracks are blacklisted.
Mostly due to water damage and mold.
No one should be living in an Army barracks.

>Donald
All out ww3, nuclear winter followed by The Road
>SHillary
Sustained regime change policies to incite violence and drag is down bit by bit for decades

Meh. Either way.

Hillary Clinton is more likely to get us involved in war than Trump. Peace through strength is a legitimate way of having peace - peace through starting wars in other countries is just war with a nice name.

Trump's foreign policy ideas are much like Reagan's. How many catastrophic wars were we involved in during the Reagan years? There was the thing in Honduras and the invasion of Panama. Neither lasted for a year, and both were victories.
If we continue doing the same thing, ISIS will get more bold and dangerous. If we do what Trump wants, we'll coordinate bombing with the Russians in support of Assad, and likely get out of it without having to do boots on ground.