Thoughts on Nazca Lines, Easter Island, etc...

Thoughts on Nazca Lines, Easter Island, etc? Divine Intervention or were the ancients just smarter that we give them credit for?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/j9w-i5oZqaQ.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It was not magic, op

good because i dont believe in majick

Nazca lines are for spaceship landing. Everyone knows this

>big rock faces
>smart
hurr

/thread

>ancients just smarter that we give them credit for?
For the average pleb, mostly that. People tend to assume that folks used to be stupid, simply because they didn't have such a huge accumulated knowledge base to draw upon. If anything, they were smarter, as with not much in the way of libraries around, they had to memorize everything they knew.

There's no supertech or shit involved here, just carefully applied human know how and determination. It's an insult to your ancestors to say otherwise.

...and yes, we all see the same stars, the same sky, all come across the same math and architectural challenges, so we all build shit much the same, even we have no contact with one another. We all come up with pi and fibonacci, and all develop agriculture, and thus all get very concerned as to exactly when seasons start and stop, and apply all that shit.

Though I do *sometimes* wonder if somehow someone came up with the idea of some rudimentary hot air balloon in ancient times. Seems anyone who saw a piece of cloth float over a fire might come up with it, and it would leave behind no archeological evidence. Still, even without that, wouldn't take more than some keen observation and teamwork to achieve these "mysteries", as has been demonstrated by groups of undergrads and interns over and over again.

Cult boy should be here soon...

>There's no supertech or shit involved here, just carefully applied human know how and determination. It's an insult to your ancestors to say otherwise.
This. It's also kind of important to note that a lot of the things fringe type assert as being impossible aren't nearly as complicated as they're made out to be. It's mostly pretty simple engineering, and craft methods that most people aren't aware aware of because they're not needed anymore.

People claiming things like the Moai or pyramids would have been impossible to pull off are just guilty of the "I don't know how to do that, so those ancient idiots wouldn't have been able to do it, either" fallacy.

Easter Islands cut down all the trees on the island to make rollers to transport the stone so it would be pretty silly of aliens to do that

Which do you think is more likely.

all this

Why would you cut all your trees to transport some big ass schulptures to the shore?
What would the endgame be? It doesn't make sense.

>A FUCKING STATUE
That's supposed to be impressive?

People do crazy shit for religion all the time. Those statues were seen as representations of powerful people and ancestors, and the Rapa Nui believed their spirits inhabited the Moai, and helped to watch over them.

Explain......

Why did you spell it like that?

>some rudimentary hot air balloon in ancient times. Seems anyone who saw a piece of cloth float over a fire might come up with it,
I never thought of this; that pisses me off.

Exactly and that's my point in question there: Why would they deplete their island of one of the most valuable resource (trees) in order to move some stone statues? That doesn't make any sense.

Why do they have angry faces like "you talking to me"?

It's an exaggeration but yes it does make sense. Stop being disingenuous and just say you like aliens and magic.

The Olmecs were making heads like those nearly two millennium before those even showed up, so it doesn't seem to me that much impressive shit happened there.

See: Their religious beliefs required it. They put up those statues because they thought it would ensure the survival of their society and protect them. You're making a serious mistake if you think you can apply logic to a religious custom, especially one that existed before modern notions of conservation.

Local were subdued by Incas naval expedition. That explain long ears, fair skin of ruling caste(that was wiped out in civil war).
Also it explain waiting for ships with cargo(that never come as Incas empire fall), central planned economy and communal work projects(in this case - statues, that was not made by them but were remnants of previous ages - Inca colony only replant them).

>Non white people do something
Huurrr duuurrrrr it must be the aliens

This is the most retarded post I've read in my life.

Explain how big buildings are made with giant stones which heavy machinery can't even lift today.
Or the laser cuts like edges of Puma Punku.

I like Ancient Aliens, not saying I 100% believe it but I find it hard to think earlier humans were able to build all those big monuments.

>laser cuts
You don't even know about what you are talking about. Sandstone is easy to carve. And such cuts are a work of artisans from such civilization.

>i like x but you have to admit y
Fuck off, brainlet.

>I like Ancient Aliens

How about you fucking kill yourself brainlet

What's wrong with that? It's entertaining.

Someone kidnaps you and 500 other people and places you on an island with with natural stone deposits and plenty of food to look after yourselves.

You're told if you ever want to see your families again you have to build 12 foot statues and place them upright 2 km from where the quarry is located.

I'm sure, given enough time, you'd be able to figure out a way.

>entertaining

It’s fucking stupid that’s what it is and you’re fucking stupid as well
>huurr I need to entertain me brain

Read a book or browse Wikipedia instead of watching mindless bullshit

They go way too hard on the misrepresentation of historical evidence. There's usually not even a shy
>however, mainstream historians believe this egyptian design represents a djed, a flower and a snake - representing millenia of complex mythology that might seem a little confusing to the untrained eye - rather than a fucking lightbulb brought to Earth by aliens
What this means is that there is literally nothing you can learn from the show.
Watch Ancient Aliens Debunked. It's three hours long and made by a fundamentalist Christian who believes the Earth is 6000 years old or some shit, but it still manages to be infinitely more scholarly than the alien garbage by actually citing references to peer-reviewed content.
Ok, maybe just watch the first 2/2,5 hours. It gets a little crazy affter that
youtu.be/j9w-i5oZqaQ.