>picking a song and waiting for a drop or whatever to do a heavy set
>socks have to be exactly symmetrical for bench press

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Placebo
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9506797
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14972741
ajp.psychiatryonline.org/doi/abs/10.1176/appi.ajp.159.5.728
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The song shit has been researched and it's just placebo.

Bullshit. There is surely a surge of testosterone or adrenaline or something.

Is it a placebo if it works though, it's not like they are saying the recording is infused with gains when it's not, I don't think you know what placebo means.

could be related to increased ATP conversion from fat when you're in an uplifted mood, which in turn could be triggered by good music

The music thing is a crutch because you won't be able to do it as good without it though

>tree falls on friend
>can't deadlift it up
>have to stop to turn on music
>he fucking dies because of your crutch
Better cut this shit out now, user.

>is it a placebo if it works though?
>I don't think you know what placebo means

no u

It's still a placebo because it induces no physiological change in your body. Your brain is just an idiot and thinks that something amazing has happened so you go beastmode

Cleaning the toilet seat before I take a poo poo :)

Songs won't do anything to your body. However, certain types of music have been shown to affect your mood (I.E. Techno makes you more reckless) and that may affect how you approach lifting.

>Implying changing your enviorment doesn't effect you

For example shitposting on fit will make you a sadder worse person

Literally wrong. Link this study. Because you can definitely get adrenaline rushes during music.

Lifted a large racing quad off my aunt when I was about 8 years old. Adrenaline does fucked up shit to your body.

Music wasn't even involved in my past several PRs.

I don't really know where I'm going with this, but I can say I know crazy shit happening -will- make your body do crazy shit.

Kek senpai tbqh

what if i get the music on in time and do lmao1tree diddly to a badass guitar riff?

risk worth the return

>Makes a claim
>user calls bullshit
>"buh-buh-buh LINK A STUUUUDYYYYYYYYY THAT PROOOOVES THAT MY STUPID UNFOUNDED CLAIM IS IN FACT STUPID AND UNFOUNDED

person making claims has the burden of proof you fucking retard

He's the one who made the claim that it DOESN'T do anything. Retard.

>walked into woods with my father when I was 7 during a storm
>tree fell onto me and I was pinned down
>Dad couldn't move it off of me and told me to hold on
>Comes back 3 minutes later with a boom box and put in sepultura cassette and I'm screaming in agony
>He turns up the volume and tells me to shut up
>Fast forwards until he gets to the solo
>Lifts it off me
>I've never spoken to him since

>being this fucking stupid

yeah, there's to study proving that throwing ice through my computer won't make it 5x faster, so, naturally, I should assume it's true since there's nothing specifically saying it isn't.

you made the claim that certain music makes you lift better, he called bullshit. you made the claim. YOU MADE THE CLAIM

>you made the claim

No one made the claim. Read the fucking OP.

>shit you wish was properly researched

He never made a claim. Dear lord, your fucking brain needs to be proven.

holy shit i can't even
do you even have a diploma?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Placebo
It doesn't matter if it works or not, it's still a placebo. Sugar pills sure as hell aren't medicine but they have cured people from cancer, same shit.

Literally no one made a claim that it does work. OP wanted it to be researched to find out. Then your autistic ass sperged and said "HURRR PLACEBO IT DON'T WORK STUDIES SAID SO".

So what are these studies, fuccboi?

Alright you fucks:

"The combined results of this study suggest the introduction of music has a psychobiological impact on the exerciser demonstrated by changes in perceived effort, lactate and norepinephrine." So it makes you think you didn't work as hard as you did. ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9506797

"In conclusion, listening to slow rhythm music decreases the plasma norepinephrine level, and listening to fast rhythm music increases the plasma epinephrine level. The type of music has no impact on power output during exercise." Same basic result.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14972741

It's good to know we have racial diversity here on Veeky Forums.

ajp.psychiatryonline.org/doi/abs/10.1176/appi.ajp.159.5.728

it's the placebo effect you dumbass, and i wasn't the op

see

No there doesn't ur dumb

Shut up you stupid nigger

placebo in this context literally doesn't mean anything
it's not like there's a "real" song that actually has an effect on your body as opposed to "fake" ones

>the introduction of music has a psychobiological impact on the exerciser demonstrated by changes in perceived effort, lactate and norepinephrine
>perceived effort changes performance
>in the same way perceived medicine changes results
>literally placebo

yep i saw it

Breaking news lads adrenaline doesn't actually work and the prs you hit after getting hyped up didnt actually happen, it was just placebo so you thought you lifted it while you didnt

>changes in perceived effort

It's literally saying that it effects your body by making you feel like it wasn't that tough. That's not at all what you were arguin or even said in your post here.

"Perceived medicine" is being told X does Y. Music literally makes X FEEL like less of X. Not a placebo at all, because it's actually effecting your fucking body. How god damn stupid are you?

>completely ignores the part about lactate and norepinephrine

Guess it's a placebo that just happened to release hormones, right?

>get on phone
>open up browser
>click home board
>decide I would rather fuck around on Veeky Forums than my usual /k/
>decide to make a thread because I'm feeling moto as fuck
>"let's post shit we do to psych up"
>essentially two sources of placebo effect as examples
>EVERYBODY LOSING THEIR SHIT

guys, this isn't /fraud/. chill.

>get fucking blasted with evidence proving you stupid
>P-P-PLACEBO

This

>studies can't possibly be so controlled, they exclude people with any sort of emotional investment in lifting

Just saying. Science is controlled by humans, and humans suck at experimenting.

>studies prove him wrong
>"well they probably were biased or not accurate!"

Jesus dude, just admit that you were proven wrong.

yes that is why science is so ineffective and has really failed to come to any meaningful conclusions or lead to any technological advancements

how hormonal fluctuations caused by irregular masturbation schedules make acne worse in males

i jerk off every 24 hours on the dot and my skin has never been more clear, but if i change the schedule i get a breakout (i've controlled all the variables i can think of)