So, I saw this video that says exercise is basicaly useless to lose weight...

So, I saw this video that says exercise is basicaly useless to lose weight, given the fact that it´s too much effort to lose calories contained ,say, in 2 donuts ( you spend like 500 kcal doing treadmill for 1 hour lol). Acording to the video, the best way to lose weight is purely based on diet, because it is much more effective controlling how many calories you take then how many you spend. Is this accurate?
>Video below

youtube.com/watch?v=eXTiiz99p9o

yes

Read the sticky
It answers this

the sticky is fucking garbage

You can easily burn 1000+ calories in 1 hour on a threadmill

It's true OP. Significant, lasting weight loss is 90% diet, 10% exercise. That is unless you're going to juice, in which case you can eat garbage as long as you are working your ass off at the gym.

False

Exercise isn't about just burning calories during the act itself you dumb bastard.
Very VERY few people are fit enough to do a form of exercise or activity to burn the amount of calories that a normal person will need to consume to just maintain their bodyweight and move around consistently.

It's about the changes that your body undergoes when you exercise allowing you to burn calories more efficiently and to burn more calories at rest and when you do anything.

If you cut out excess calories from your now clean diet then the changes in how you look function and fell will be profound.

>you dumb bastard

I bet you call your mom a cunt when she brings you chicken nuggies

This has been known for fucking ever. You don't exercise exclusively to lose weight. It supplements it. Exercise does a whole range of other beneficial things for your body.

1000 kcal/hour divided by 120 kcal/mile = 8.3 miles/hour

you have to run at a fast jog/ slow run for an hour to burn 1000 kcal

You dumb cunt. It's always only ever been about the calories. You burn them exercising and you spend them eating.

TDEE tells you everything after that.

That'd be a miserable fucking hour

Calories expended depends upon speed more than distance, it isn't a flat 120kcal.

Everyone knows this already. Picture related is a saying. Read the sticky.

Just eat less.

I get mad af at fatties that go on about joining the gym but still eat like shit.

Just do what I do and eat shitty food but just stay with TDEE

Don't do this

Actually it's all about exertion energy expenditure and being as inefficient as possible.

There's a reason a 300 pound person who walks a mile burns twice as much as a 150 pound person who runs a mile.

Because their fat fucking body already burns more just surviving, and to move all that mass takes shitloads of energy.

Exactly. If it was really all about distance or speed then everyone would burn the same calories no matter what.

Calorie burn is all about levels of exertion and inefficiency.

A 300 pound natty(LOL just bare with me okay) will burn about the exact same amount of calories as a 300 pound lard ass from the same exercise.

However, for some reason that escapes me(and I'm going to go look that shit up right now) the 300 pound bodybuilder burns far more calories then the fat ass overall.
Why? because the muscular person is far more inefficient at the job of running because of weight and how calorie hungry the muscles are.

That's pretty accurate.
Controlling what you eat is a much better way to lose
>fat
Working out in general is a horrible way to lose weight (for the average person).
The reasons for this are simply lack of information and generally rollercoaster binge eating.

They work out too much, too soon. They develop intense cravings and binge eat due to system shock.
Cutting 100 calories a day and walking a mile would cause mild hunger at most and is much more likely to be followed by normies.

Yeah, you understand the concept much better than me.

but it wasn't a rigorous definition, and it wasn't even incorrect.

Would love to see your lipids

RIP Matthias
Killed like a punk

Sticky read you faggot