Will removing deadlift and focusing on rows and pullups hinder my back development? obviously yes for lower back...

will removing deadlift and focusing on rows and pullups hinder my back development? obviously yes for lower back, but the upper portion? goal is aesthetics and i dont think highly developed lower back is necessary for it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7MthYct8yxQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No, but why remove deadlifts?

Deadlifts working your back is like 25% of the lifts benefits.

You're removing the other 75% (quads, hamstrings, glutes, forearms) and only worrying about the other 25% (lower back)

Deadlifts help your whole body develop, not just the primary movers.

>the only part of the back used in the dl is the lower back

wew, your form must be shit

Nah it won't hinder it. Deads aren't mandatory, despite what people harp on about here.

Alternatively, I use only Deads and Chins for back and am pretty happy with my development. Though I may just have good back genetics. I'm a fan of the KISS principle.

Honestly squats, rows, and chins are fine for back.

If I really want to work out my spinal erectors, I just use reverse hypers.

Reverse Hypers?

youtube.com/watch?v=7MthYct8yxQ

Are pendlays a meme? How fast do you pul the weight? Back angle?

Pendlays are pretty much a meme.

You're basically trying to develop max power with your back in the most compromising position possible. I'd pick a slow, controlled T-Bar row any day over pendlay.

>Deads aren't mandatory
Neither is not acting like a faggot, but doing both will generally benefit you.

this will most likely benefit your back development no hinder it. lol deadlift is not a back exercise. it's an exercise for your whole body.

Mostly, unless you're training for oly lifting.

If you just want general strength and size, then barbells are sub par for rowing. Cable rows, dumbell rows, t-bar rows. All are better options. No reason to add lower back into the mix as a limiting factor. You can train the lower back elsewhere.

Hilarious the way people act like if you don't do deadlifts you aren't a real man etc. Guarantee you are a skinny fat pseudo power lifter.

Do you think Chad deadlifts?

I don't know what chads you know but all the chads im exposed to play football and rugby and you can bet your ass they deadlift

shut the fuck up
jesus christ

no it's not a fucking meme

Power sweep or pendlay but fucking get it done along with deadlifts, squats, bench press, some pull ups, military presses

You don't need anything else.

Not all football players deadlift because honestly squats, clean, lunges, and short interval prowler pushes develop strength better in the right ROM without heavily taxing the lower back.

Deadlifting is more useful for sports that may require actual lifting off the ground like wrestling.

if trap bar deadlift is a little bit of both squat and deadlift but not as good as either then...

conventional deadlift is a little bit of rack pull and rdl but not as good as either.

if you want a stronk back quit deadlifting and do rack pulls instead

wtf is a power sweep.

>shut the fuck up
>jesus christ

Seriously, explain how barbells are better for rowing when it comes to strength and size.
I've probably been lifting longer and more weight than you, and I've tried all different ways of rowing.

Barbells never did as well for me as other types.

clean sweep*

roid raged.

wtf is a clean sweep.

"Deadlifts – This exercise will transform you body if done every week, correctly. Go hard and have fun with them. Notice how you rarely see people deadlift heavy at the gym? Do you also notice how all these people have average physiques? Put 2 and 2 together"
-zyzz

maybe you don't lift explosively?
I don't know why barbell wouldn't work for you but my preference for using one is everything is even.

If you are a newbie, stay away from dumbbells and cables.

In my nonsensical experience, these exercises only add more time/fatigue and possibly uneven results.

He was a roider though

Also did you see his deadlift form?

>Dat instant insecurity.
We aren't laughing at you while you parade around doing 50 different dumbbell accessories with baby weight, I promise.

I deadlift 2.5x my body weight for reps you melt

I'd be impressed if that was over 3pl8

Not op, but I have a question regarding Deadlifts.

Why do I almost pass out after doing deadlifts?

They're extremely taxing. People can pass out during them. I sometimes get light headed during.

Cos you breathe like a mong

We never once did a single deadlift when i wrestled in high school.

You would have benefited from squats and deadlifts during the off season. I regret not lifting hard while wrestling. My coach didn't even have us programming in weight lifting during off season.

Look up the valsalva maneuver

Replace 'deadlifts' with 'tren' for this quote

ITT: sadcunts
do your deadlifts OP, you can only benefit from them
or travel to snapville if u r mong

Wait, acting like a faggot will benefit me?

>not acting like a faggot
It would benefit you right now, or are you dumb enough to think adding neither makes it a double negative?

A lot of people in CBTs deadlift yet look like shit. Hmmmm really makes u think

You don't actually lift at all, it's why you shitpost. Hmmm really makes u think

Heh

>Are pendlays a meme?
No. They are somewhat specific to cross over strength in the hang portion of the clean. Having said that, what oly lifter have you seen with a shitty, under-developed back?

>How fast do you pul the weight?
As fast as you can without moving at the hip.

>Back angle?
As close to horizontal as possible... you'll need to learn to get into a position which feels similar to an RDL with ass very far back and hams loaded to counterweight... this also helps to lock your back angle.

this might be the worst machine design ive ever seen. worse than the smith machine. after the 1st swing, youre just using momentum to swing the bar. fucking gym equipment jews and you fell for it

A lot of people in cbt are e statting manlets

overall aesthetics: still rack pulls over deads?