About to get 10k from mommy and daddy, gonna put most of it on Bitcoin and short smaller coins...

About to get 10k from mommy and daddy, gonna put most of it on Bitcoin and short smaller coins. I'd like some reading on investing because I'm a brainlet when it comes to math and statistics, but feel free to shit on me for not lurking enough

Use a bitcoin tumbler like bitpetite.com for free money

shut the fuck up with your scam

All cryptos are a scam, your point being?

Yeah, no thanks cunt. I'm a noob and I can tell that's bs

do tell me how it's bullshit

Thank you for the bumperino. Care to explain how it isn't? You're the one peddling the free money, after all

unironically retarded

Hi newfriend. You're making good choice by investing in crypto, but I just want to tell you a few things. Firstly, bitcoin just set a new ATH. Buying at this time is risky because you will likely end up holding bags once it dips, which I predict will happen after the hard fork because the people putting their ports in BTC right now are doing it so they can dump their BTG. Once they have done this they will then dump their BTC to go back to alts. Many alts, if you catch good ones when they are new, can offer x2, x5, and x10 gains short term, while bitcoin isn't going to be offering nearly this much of an increase short term. Also, shorting isn't for noobs. You will likely get liquidated and cry once you lose your money.

>You are buying in at ath

*You're making A good choice
>tfw I read that back to myself and it sounded like a pajeet

Just don't buy bitcoin at its current price

Not buying now, I would never buy at the ATH, I'm not that retarded. I'll be following it for the next few weeks and wait for the next big dip. I could toy around with alts on the side until I'm ready to go all in, how much should I start with to get a feel for moving crypto around? I don't have the money yet, I have to put together an investment portfolio before I see any of the money. I've got about $1200 of my own money in savings with a credit union right now, which isn't a lot. You don't have to give me any of the good smaller coins by name, been asking too much already and I'd rather learn on my own. Thanks for the advice

10k isn't a lot of money but it's a nice start. If you can catch just 2 x10 moons you could turn that into a million in months. You will never achieve this with bitcoin

It's a lot considering it's my parent's money, if I fuck up and put it all on a shitcoin I'll never hear the end of it. Any profits I make from BTC will probably be put towards moons. I was thinking 80% BTC, 10% Eth, and 10% fuck around/flip/moon money to start

It could easily go the other way and you lose money on bitcoin while alts rally. When alts go they fucking go. Bitcoin has a high price and it's % gains are unimpressive short term. I'll give you 2 hints. ChainLink and Cindicator.

Well I'd still like a "blue chip" in all this, so to speak. What are you suggesting? 50% BTC, 50% Alt? Again, it might be a couple weeks before I see the money so the landscape for those coins could totally flip by then. Can't win if you don't play, I guess

You are retarded if you buy btc at the peak. Wait until it dips hard in a couple of weeks then keep 25% of your capital in btc.

I just said I'm waiting for a dip, nigger. Why only 25%?

I wish I wasn't 18 years, if I had a job and inheritance I would go all in Bitcoin
currently my all in is just 4000$:(

Good. Do your research. Conferences are coming up. ICOs are coming out. Always invest in what you like. Don't fall for pump and dumps you can get burned.

I'm 19 and in college but my family's well off. Just sold our old house so that's why they're entertaining my faggotry