Has anyone here tried a diy soylent for getting fit...

Has anyone here tried a diy soylent for getting fit? I like the idea of shouldn't but the commercial stuff has what I'd consider a pretty awful macro balance (here is the commercial one soylent.com/product/drink/). I was thinking about trying a DIY recipe with upped protein to keep muscles healthy whilst I cut weight. Any thoughts? Concerns?

Here is the recipe list: diy.soylent.com/recipes

Which should I go for? I'm gonna try this for a week or two just to see what happens so if it goes terribly it's a two week experiment that shouldn't fuck up my life too bad.

Other urls found in this thread:

diy.soylent.com/recipes/summer-intern-soylent
diy.soylent.com/recipes/chewable-soylent-v30-drinkzero-gritrolled-oatsdelicious-1800-kcal
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bump

I used it when I had a food budget of 125/mo

I used it for breakfast and lunch, dinner was an actual meal.

I recommend getting hemp protein powder to mix in with it, and to also make your own "cliff bar" style bars at home. Google how to do it, cheap and easy. I say this because, drinking foods is stressful on the stomach, you need to have something solid down with it.

Also, my strength and size gains were worse compared to when I had 3-5 hearty meals. Soylent can never replace it.

What was your caloric intake? what recipe did you use? I'm looking for as much info as possible right now.

Any "recipe" will have serious imbalances. Shit, even the original Soylent has serious imbalances. Also a shitton of soy that doesn't belong in your body.

Just eat food goddamit.

Most recipes don't use that much soy. Tell me what macro/micro balances you'd prefer? You can tailor a recipe for that. You just vommitted up opinions with no facts.

use protein powder, oats, and whole milk. Add ingredients until you have the macro balance you want. If there's not enough fat, add olive oil or butter or something.

wtf? 60 bottles (800 kcal day/month) -> 160$
Eating normal food I spend 250€

That is pretty much the exact recipe I'm doing for my soylent.

That's just a protein shake, though. The point is to make it cheap and good, not just good.

Soylent green is people!!!!

>Whey protein 25-50grams
>3 servings Goat milk Kefir (25+grams protein)
>1 Apricot or peach (fresh from fruit stand, I buy in 20lbs boxes for $10 bucks)
>Berries (prefer fresh/frozen works)
>1 whole mango
>Hemp and Flax seed
>Bunch of spinach
>Ice

Blend....

Drink daily.

Mix up fruit every now and then.

Any long term users? I really like how convenient it could be, but I feel like that much effort into having a balanced diet doesn't add up

Well it's actually less effort if you get all the powder mixed up and just have to add your oils and water to eat it.

Ya OP. Ive been on it for over a year now and i have the ohysique ive always wanted!

Pic related its me

Btw im a girl

I did this for a month and half at the beginning of the summer. I'm busy running errands right now but if this thread is alive tonight I'll give all the info I have. I stopped because it tasted like ass and was easier to just eat regular food.

Started off with a rice protein base but changed to a whey for taste. Only problem with whey was you had to drink it immediately or it slogged down to a pudding.

Recipes in bound later. I was lifting at maintenance of around 2800 kcal.

Sweet I'll keep the thread alive.

diy.soylent.com/recipes/summer-intern-soylent

Here's the link to the recipe that I used. It's a little bit jumbled up from changing around around ingredients. I also occasionally took
opti-pack multivites. AMA

How did you feel while on soylent? aside from it tasting bad and not being very easy compared to regular food for you, did you feel generally good?

Can't take that website seriously...

>WHEY
>VEGAN

Pick one and only one....

If they are dumb enough to think Whey is Vegan, what other nutritional mistakes have they made.

Enjoy being malnourished.

Felt pretty good, maybe a bit leaner than normal. Purely feeling though, I was not losing weight. Dreaded meal times and felt much better as soon as I drank the soylent.

Different user here who's currently on Soylent for lunch every day, and occasionally breakfast or dinner. Plain Soylent smells and tastes terrible, but add some ingredients and it'll taste more like a milkshake. The Soylent smell/taste completely goes away.
I'm not sure what you mean by "not very easy" but I can make 2 days worth of lunch in 10 minutes, with minimum clean up/prep work, and I can down it in 1 minute. It's an amazing time saver. It's actually very filling. I was worried that my body wouldn't know it was being fed but I actually feel pretty satisfied after every Soylent meal.
I remember back in when I just started Soylent, I ate 3 meals of plain Soylent and my sweat and pee smelled like Soylent too. Now, I usually only eat 1 meal of Soylent per day and that's not an issue any more. But then there's also the fact that I don't eat plain Soylent anymore, so I can't say for sure the direct cause of the smell.
All in all I don't feel unhealthy at all, but I can't gauge its effects on my gains yet. However, I recently found a Soylent DIY recipe that's supposedly proven to help gains.

diy.soylent.com/recipes/chewable-soylent-v30-drinkzero-gritrolled-oatsdelicious-1800-kcal

I haven't tried this recipe at all yet, so I don't vouch for it, just letting you know it exists.

Do you guys think that a slow feed throughout the day would be a good idea to keep metabolism running throughout the day if I'm on a weight loss diet?

Also, to the user who said his sweat and pee smelled like soylent, how off putting was that? not really worried what it smells like when I pee, but more about when I sweat.

>Do you guys think that a slow feed throughout the day would be a good idea to keep metabolism running throughout the day if I'm on a weight loss diet?

Nah

Personally I wouldn't worry about spreading out your meals. Never had to hard cut though

Would it be likely to hurt anything? I've heard it can help the other issues that some folks have had (gassiness, etc...)

>Also, to the user who said his sweat and pee smelled like soylent, how off putting was that? not really worried what it smells like when I pee, but more about when I sweat.

Luckily I was testing the first several meals over a weekend and I live alone, so no one noticed but I was working out at home and I completely stank of Soylent. I actually kind of like the scent of my own sweat, but I couldn't stand the Soylent smell and had to shower immediately. Even then I still smelled faintly of Soylent. But as I said, right now that's completely gone. Hell, even my Soylent doesn't smell like Soylent.

No? As long as your macro and micros are there you should be fine. I'd be sure to start small first and you can update if you end up having an issue with something. My recipe started out with way too much fat but it was an easy fix.

Are you mixing ingredients with commercial soylent or are you making your own from scratch.
That's what I assumed I just wanted to make sure I wasn't gonna be stupid.

Why are you doing this? Is it a weightloss thing for you?

Soylent 1.6 Powder. I could probably make my own from scratch for cheaper but it wouldn't be worth the time. Right now I'm spending ~$2.25 per meal, so I consider my current time-money tradeoff to be fairly decent.

Curiosity. I like the idea of being able to control every element of my diet with a greater level of precision than I could otherwise.
For you, how much is that per day?

My Soylent lunch is somewhere around 650 calories. How many of those do you want in a day? Then multiply that number by $2.25.

I already know what my cost per day is gonna be with soylent currently ($8.00 flat). It will soon be cheaper tho.

I was mainly asking what your total plan costs you.

I'm telling you I eat Soylent once a day, and that one meal costs ~2.25. In one month that's $67.50

oh shit my b I got confused about who i was talking to.

>Soylent green is people!!!!
This. For anyone who likes cinema an old movies, you can't refrain yourself to make the association...

It's not natural! It contains chemicals like carbon, hydrogen, dihydrogen monoxide, GMOs, preservatives etc

I think you were just trying to be funny but you legitimately almost made me take the bait

well done