Can't deadlift past two plates without my fingers giving up halfway through the set

>can't deadlift past two plates without my fingers giving up halfway through the set

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO I'M TIRED OF BEING DYEL

Supernated grip homie. One hand overhand and one hand underhand.

straps

Not being a pussy.

>not using ultranated grip
It's like you dont wanna make it

I always read that causes imbalance and can also cause bicep tears

Wouldn't I be a fag for using straps at 2pl8? Everyone else at the gym lifts much more without them.

I'm trying fml

use chalk

a common mistake that can cause this is trying to "squat" the bar - setting up incorrectly with your legs ass and shoulders too far back.

the rule of thumb is that your shoulder blades should be above the barbell.

pic related is a rough estimate, but don't take it as gospel since depending on your build your legs might be lower or higher. just remember the shoulder blades part, push your ass back, and your stance should "automatically" fix itself.

Did you guys have to use chalk/straps/anything immediately after 2 pl8 or is this odd?

Eat more. I'm at 285x5 raw overhand no hook at 4 months and one if those months I was injured.

This, also train grip. It's ridiculously underrated in the benefits it gives you, from bigger forearms to being able to lift more in general

>train grip

What do you recommend, anything I can do at home? Should I buy those squeezing things?

I do rack pulls and hold them for 10 secs, do 5-6 of those the workout before you do diddly's. increase the weight each time and you'll climb up fast

>not meganating your digi-deadlifts.

Thanks, I think I'm doing what's on the left. Would that really hurt my grip though?

Side question for anyone: how many/what weight % warm up sets do you do?

I do lots of strapless heavy barbell rows as the core of my back workout. When I built up to 3pl8 I found my right hand didn't have the grip strength to hold the bar (I'm a lefty), so I started whacking of with my right hand. After a couple of weeks my grip strength in my right hand increased enough to row 3pl8 for reps. True story.

Yes. I found that my grip was "failing" until I fixed this. I could not get past ~3 plates for weeks. Do you also find that your knees get overly scrapped from deadlifting? That's a surefire indicator that your form is wrong.

Generally, if your form is correct, you should be able to do 2 plates with regular grip. If you can't, switch to supernated grip - don't let it halt your progress. However, try to do your warmup sets with regular grip, and add some rack pulls and farmer walks.

Yes. My hands were made for playing piano so I accepted my weakling bitch genetics and started using straps at 120 kg

farmers carry

Breh, stop worrying about what other faggots do. Just make sure you dont snap your shit up. I personally didnt like to do mixed grip, muscle imbalance fear.
Chalk is ok, but strap allow me to lift a lot more. But thats about the only "gear" I even own. No belts, lifting shoes or anything and I only use my straps for deadlift. Just dont be the guy who uses it for every single exercize even pulldowns.

mixed grip you dummy

I've been struggling with grip around similar weight ...
last week I tried hook grip for the first time and did 280 for 2 sets of 5 ... today I tried 285 and only got a single goddammned rep ... triped for rep 2 and only got halfway up before my grip failed ... waited 2 minutes, tried again, couldn't get another rep ...
deloaded to 255 and did 3x5 just for some rep work ...
I'm not cutting :(

pullups with varying overhand, underhand and sideways grip

>underhand

so, like, a chinup?

use chalk, give hook grip a try as well (will crush your thumbs like a cunt at first)
also holding your last rep of each set until your grip fails will increase your grip strength

Ask the deadlift guy for moist towelettes and to blow air dry your greasy fingers

If u drive a lot like me get a grip trainer in your car I was like u and my grip was failing at 250 lbs and now i double overhand pull 400 no prob ;)

Other than loss of strength, is it wrong if your hand hangs open with snatch grip? I cant squeeze the bar every rep over 2pl8, but I can still pull it without exploding my back. Of course I should work on grip strength.