Now that the dust has settled, which squat is better, high bar or low bar?

Now that the dust has settled, which squat is better, high bar or low bar?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

High bar. Better leg development with less weight. If you want to work your lower back just do deads for fucks sake

lowbar you stupid fuck that's not even an argument

both

>not hybrid squatting

enjoy no strenght nor leg mass

just do both or dumb niggers, fitness isn't black and white

heh, I made this image. glad to see it's still being shitposted.

>a couple of inches of bar placement makes you go from Athletic, ripped to fat, weak and lazy

???

Front squats 2bh

[post about how whichever one I personally do is obviously superior and the other one is absolute horseshit that does nothing]

Until this pic, I legit didn't know the difference. Guess I started right with high bar at least.

>falling for the troll

Are you retarded?????

I usually half-squat because my knees point out but I can get lower when high bar squatting.

whatever is more comfortable.

why do people squat with their legs wide open???

i can only squat with my legs about 8-9 inches apart, is it normal to squat with wide legs as ooposed to keepying your legs close together lie mine?

i squat high bar because doing so means i'm just like lu xiaojun and klokov

my max is only 3pl8, but at least i'm not some fatass powerlifter doing 300 kg low bar squatmornings and thinking he's actually squatting

My shitty homegym doesn't have safeties, so squatting highbar makes me feel less like I'll be completely fucked if I happen to fail.

>belt
shiggy

This pic is though. Think you're lyin to me

>squatmornings

Fuck off, Overhead squats or bust nigga

>I'm internet famous give me upvotes!
Edit: Wow never thought this would get to the front page.

>using a belt
>thinking it counts
Asians Kek.

overhead deadlifts are the goat leg mass builder

How'd you edit your post

I stopped squatting after a back injury that causes it to pinch and make my body go numb, so I've been doing legpress for the past month. Could low bar squats help supplement the loss?

I cringe when i see this shit even if its being ironic. Pls stop this joke Veeky Forums senpai desu

I squat low at because of my bone structure. High bar and it sits right on the end of my collarbone, fucking hurts past 1pl8.
Pic is me

Get the Veeky Forums pass.

Do I have to get Gold or Platinum?

>natural armor

Whichever you can do better

Frig off its zercher squats or bust

>squat shoes
>belt
>crossfit plates

wow, i hope people don't think this is impressive.

this tbqhwyf

>tfw form is bad
I just want big legs

as long as you're squatting it doesn't matter. i personally squat low bar because high bar hurts my back. i'm pain free when i low bar

I squat lowbar. Idgaf how anybody else squats

>pillage soul of a nameless soldier

Veeky Forums Crystal Pass is coming out for christmas. Just wait for that.

>starting strength only talks about low bar
for fuck's sake.

there's a little michael phelps trying to butterfly out of his back

This desu senpai

Thomas Wayne?

I go low bar when going down. Then I roll the bar up before I go up.

Depends entirely on proportions/leverages and whatnot.

>intentionally buying a one way ticket to snap city

>280kg high bar deep squat
>not impressive
yeah I'm sure you've got this guy crushed

For powerlifting use lowbar and for general strength training or bodybuilding just use what feels better. I noticed that i get less si joint pain when lowbar squatting so i am going to stick with that.

Enjoy your physiotherapist raping your wallet, as well as your fucked back..
>hurrdurr belts are for pussies

>can't into low bar because it feels too strange
>can't into front squats because muh wrist mobility

Highbar default race

It's like people think belts are just inherently evil. As long as you don't rely on it there's nothing wrong with a belt very now and again.

>squatting
no thanks im not gay

I use a belt too but if you think a belt prevents any sort of back injury you are a retard.

I count 260 kg, but still impressive

What about no-bar quadting?

yeah true. my bad.

if you hate your knees to high bar

I want that back as my back

Obligatory

reminder

Found the dyel

Skateboard squats or go home

Found the meathead.

>Implying that meathead is an insult here
Do you know where you are user? go back to Veeky Forums

Reminder

Uh oh looks like Mongo angry. Mongo turn red.

Excellent b8 m8.

What the fuck is a hybrid squat?

>shitty hamstring development with less weight
ftfy
and low bar squats will bring extra gains in the deadlift, fool.

Narrow grip overhead deep squat confirmed only respectable lift.

> tfw I Smith squat because of so many lower back injuries

Fuck off you meathead oaf.

his back has a back. whoa.

Lowbar makes my shoulders hurt

everyone who dislikes Oly lifting is literal trash and should never lift a weight again

I literally cannot keep my spine neutral during low-bars. I wish I could do them, but high-bars are for me. Who here quads can't fit their pants anymore?

i do lowbar because it's comfy.

also, the guy in the OP needs to take a wide stance and go slightly deeper.

I cannot position the bar in a high bar setup without getting severe pain in my right shoulder and I it kinda feels "loose", like if my torso moves one degree in any direction the bar would start to roll.

With low bar it's like the bar and wheight are part of my body.
So low bar it is, I would rather do high bar though.

lowbar is more weight so is more fun

I can't do either without hyperextending my back and getting butt wink as a result so I just do leg press instead.

just take a really wide stance, you'll have no buttwink.

>"I used to worry about my buttwink when squatting but then I watched a Candito video and so now I don't have to worry about it anymore."

it dont matter. just dont whatever is more comfortable for you.

if you do oly do highbar

powerlifting do lowbar

strongman do either

just do whatever is more comfortable for you man

more like, i had buttwink with my normal stance, so i widened it out and now i don't.

kekked, but the high bat squat people all went way, way deeper with better form. The powerlifters all did lazy half reps with help from their spotters.

Guess I'm high bar squatting now.

>didnt even read OP's picture

They help to increase the intra thoracic pressuse when use properly, but too many people just wear them to wear them.

>shitty hamstring development
You are just wrong
You can go lower with highbar and work the whole leg way better. Coming out of the bottom really works the hams to keep your torso at the correct angle. Most people think the way you do because they cheat due to weak hams and end up turning a high bar into a low bar by falling forward. Strict high bar is God tier for hams.

T. 21y.o. With a shaker cup full of bcaas in the gym.

I like to squat high bar and as deep as I can so I get the stretch reflex. If I stop at parallel I'm not getting the stretch and it's harder to ascend.

I rarely feel it in my hamstrings when I squat. I do feel like my hips shoot up some times though. I've been trying to supplement with some front squats to work on my quads. My 1RM is 2,5pl8 on high bar and 2pl8 on front squats.

I highbar/conventional deadlift for my legs basically.

That's 4 25kg plates on each side (the reds; 55 pounds) in addition to a 20 kg (the blues; 44 pounds) plate on each side. Including the bar, that's around a 575 pound squat with incredible form and depth.

Where's your olympic gold medal?

Belt forces people to brace as long as they're trying to brace. You can always brace on your own but a belt helps for those who don't know the cues.

For me it makes almost no difference but I like to wear a belt everytime anyway.

They're crossfit plates. Probably closer to 195 lbs.

Holy fuck the difference is so goddamn negligible. There is significantly more difference between people with different body proportions than moving the bar two goddamn inches.

I had to stop doing front squats once the weights started to get close to my back squats because my left wrist and shoulder mobility was fucked (had absolutely no problem with the right side of my upper body). I fucked something up and now I get a sharp pain in the left shoulder blade area when I go heavy on front squats. The pain also carried over to other stuff, but after stopping front squats it went away.

The difference in back angle is not negligible.

yeah Ive never lifted but I feel like I could easily do 100kg with a belt