What's wrong with just eating clean and doing standard lifts (deads, ohp, bench, squat) with progression...

What's wrong with just eating clean and doing standard lifts (deads, ohp, bench, squat) with progression? Will I look better or will I just be wasting my time?

Add in pendlay rows or power cleans and you basically have ss or sl.

Restrictive dieting always fails in the longterm but to answer your questions: nothing and yes

Literally nothing is wrong with it.

"look better" is an odd thing to say. In a general sense, if you're eating clean and exercising you'll 'look better' than if you weren't doing those things.

So in that sense, it's not a waste of time.

Everything. Having a good diet and lifting weights is stupid and will never work.

haha

So everyone just eats shit in the end?

wtf

Dudes, there is no such thing as 'eating clean', unless you mean not eating off the floor, or biological/industrial wate.

There are chimicals that are more or less goof for you, and there are chemicals more or less bad for you, all in moderation.

What is a garbonzo bean, kale, and chicken breast? Protien, carbs, and fat.

What is a donut pizza?
....Protien carbs, and fat.

If by eating clean you mean 'no preservatives', that really means fuck all. Preservatives are in EVERYTHING. For fuck sake, the water you drink has chlorine in it. But you are dying just as fast as everyone else.

If by eating clean, you mean vegan/whole foods, go fuck yourself with a cucumber.

I mean, jesus christ people.

Sorry for the spelling. I think you can wade through that...

(for the record, for the vegan whole foods people, organic doesn't exist, and you are eating just as much preservatives as the rest of us omnivores, and uncooked plants have natural pesticides in them thast are just as bad if not worse than 'unclean dirty omnivore' food.

There's a lot more to nutrition than your grade 4 understanding.

alright dude lemme kno how ur donut pizza diet works out

Sugar spikes and trans fats for insulin and cardiovascular gains

Flexible Dieting > IIFYM

Kek

How is eating clean ever a bad idea you ape?

Literally just SL. Do SL.

are they not the same thing?? isn't the point of iifym to be able to incorporate "dirty" foods into your diet??

Jeff believes in eating clean,

post your physique to show us what your stupid understanding of nutrition is all about :DD

Natty?

Nothing. Yes. No.

sides

autism levels that shouldn't even be possible.

Gymcels will never recover from this revelation.

God i hope i don't get those ugly chest insertions

I'm seeing a lot of "JESUS CHRIST, HOW CAN YOU PEOPLE BELIEVE THIS SHIT???" with zero attempt to actually provide evidence for your claims. You're telling me that the things I think are wrong, and whilst I'm completely open to that, I've seen evidence for the things I believe, whilst you've given no evidence to the contrary.

Also, what the fuck is a donut pizza?
And do you not think that the micronutrients provided by kale or chickpeas (wild speculation on my part for the record) would offer any benefit over the lack of nutrients in a fuckin pizza?

And look man, chicken, kale, and chickpeas aren't loaded with sugars, and are also devoid of dairy. Its pretty well known that sugar is BAD for you, and I've never met someone who didn't get indigestion from large amounts of dairy in their diet. Maybe it's "imaginary" but if eating some things makes me feel physically good, and others make me feel physically bad, why the fuck shouldn't I try to mostly eat the foods that make me feel good?

But are the cookies clean?

Clean basically means you eat micro-nutrient rich food that the body processes slowly. Instead of starchy potatoes or sugar/simple carbs in white bread you eat slow releasing protein and carbs.

This has the effect of you feeling like you have more energy and feeling less hungry over the course of your day when restricting calories. It's an important part of staying lean for long periods of time without feeling like shit. It also has the benefit of not needing to supplement vitamins.

Also plant fats are worse because it's important to keep a good omega 3 to omega 6 ratio, you can google that, loads of articles and studies and shit on it.

I don't know if you've noticed this but drinking fast release protein shakes like whey right after working out can actually make you a bit hungrier than you were.