Motivation Thread

Needing some motivation. Got a gym membership 2 weeks ago but still havent gone once from nerves of being judged / being too weak.

GET YOUR OWN MOTIVATION, FAGGOT.

If you can't be BOTHERED to motivate yourself, then you are USELESS AND WILL FAIL ANYWAY.

You're an attention whore. External motivation only works as long as it's present. You just want attention, you cunt.

Get your own goddamned motivation or GTFO. We're not here to be your goddamned mommy and 'cheer you on' or somesuch shit. Be a man and do what you said you'd do.

if you really care that much go super early when no alot of people are there. but desu no one cares for the most part people keep to themselves and zone out and do their own thing. dont let fear or nerves stop you user

honestly dude everyone's weak. Some people here strong af and others are still curling 20lb dumbbells and benching with 10lb plates. Everyone starts somewhere

Fuck motivation. it’s a fickle and and unreliable little dickfuck and isn’t worth your time.

Better to cultivate discipline than to rely on motivation. force yourself to do things. force yourself to get up out of bed and practice. Force yourself to work. Motivation is fleeting and it’s easy to rely on because it requires no concentrated effort to get. Motivation comes to you, and you don’t have to chase after it.

Discipline is reliable, motivation is fleeting. The question isn’t how to keep yourself motivated. It’s how to train yourself to work without it.

All in all OP you are a pathetic bitch who fell for the motivation meme. Go get disciplined

OP, I was in your position long ago. Very nervous, scared of looking stupid, insecure of my body. I finally took the leap and went at a time I thought it wouldn't be busy (10AM Monday morning). After the first few gym sessions, you'll realize that everybody is doing their own thing and that the fear was all in your head.

Just do it.

If you need motivation, then die. You're too weak to make anything of yourself.

Don't worry user, people lifting heavier weights than you only care about themselves at the gym. But seriously if you're coming here hoping to get motivated you've got much bigger problems

Im always motivated... fuck discipline

What happens when that well dries up bro?

What happens when you wake up one morning and you just can't get yourself going?

Motivation is nice, discipline is forever.

It hurts but this is the actual truth, you don't want motivation, you want people to tell you that you'll be fine

why would you fear being judged/too weak?

if you already have this problem, then you must realize that there are even worse mental problems...

This is one of the easiest things to do, just fucking do it, it's a fucking joke compared to the challanges that you'll face later.

Why do you "want" to the gym? To get Veeky Forums, look thinner,be stronger? No! They are just secondary, you hope to achieve something by getting those secondary things...be it getting a nice(r) GF or whatever.
But when you realize that those are just bare minimums required to achieve what you wanna achieve you're going to despare, because the actual mental challange you'll face will be a lot tougher than overcoming the fear of being judged.

This was my experience, and while im certainly not done yet I can give you one advice: Stop caring what other people think, stop thinking what others might think about you, stop thinking bad thoughts about yourself.

Those things are not real, you only think they might be real,but you will never find out anyway, one way or another..
Use perception and judge less, especially yourself, be extremely sceptical of your own (bad) thoughts and look at them at a distance.

Like i said, im always motivated, i´ve never been dried out or something. As Long as i can remember, i was motivated.
You must always have your Goal on your field of Vision. Allways looking at your Goal will Keep you allways motivated.
If not, your a just a weak fag... kys

When you have a thought that brings anxiety, distance yourself from it. E.g "I am weak and everyone will laugh at me", turn it into "I have this thought that I am weak and everyone will laugh at me". See the difference? Thought are just thoughts, not always facts of life.

Secondly, ask always "Is this thought useful, should I listen to it?" Most of the times it is not very useful, just brings you down. Then think what would be useful to reach your goals and act accordingly. It is a waste of time and mental energy to ponder such things as "I'll never make it"/"I am not cut out for this"/"It doesn't make any difference". They are just thoughts, and not very useful to believe in. Instead go to that gym and take a step towards your goals.

Saved for harsh truth. Thanks.

>gets a gym membership
>hasn't gone in the two weeks of having a memebership

Fuck you, you don't deserve improvement. Since I got my membership 2 months ago I've gone every single fucking day. You'll never make it

>every single day

Now that is just stupid. Read sticky and then come tell who deserves to improve and who doesnt.

same here OP. i was worried that people would make fun of me because of lifting babbyweights, but seriously no one fucking cares what you're doing unless you're getting in someone elses way or taking plates off their bar while they're benching.

>not doing light routines for active rest

you really don't need motivation or discipline past the first three weeks

after that it pretty much becomes habit, and if you miss a gym day, you start to go crazy

Hey people like him pay the gym's bills and keep it running.