/owg/ - Olympic Weightlifting General

A thread for the discussion of the sport of weightlifting and all things related. Keep the insults and shitposting to a minimum.

>pas edition

>If you are new to weightlifting please read these first and check the other sources they link to before asking questions:
pastebin.com/1HgVcGam
pastebin.com/wCXeXfkk
chinfl.blogspot.sk/2013/07/how-into-weightlifting.html
reddit.com/r/weightlifting/wiki/faq

>helpful blogs:
yashathoughts.com
pentupwl.files.wordpress.com/

>The information that you are looking for is probably in the above links.
That includes routines, shoes, information on the lifts, etc. Check out the pastebins for literature or the reddit faq for general information.

>youtube stuff:
youtube.com/channel/UCl3WCm2GfvLxvH877oJ1xEA/playlists
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLfIeSgSBSoCJpz57KfVoqp4K4AeSFAfD
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLotmoPX6Kq0WJH2uws60250m1YTtg3j8Q

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BJ77MRBBSLL/
instagram.com/p/BJ1bErgB9lT/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

is it possible to get stronk from just cleans/power cleans? i hate deadlifting and recently learnt how to power clean and love it. Do oly lifter do heaps of deads or are most of their pulls from the snatch/cnj?

Oly lifters very rarely do conventional deadlifts, but they usually do a fair amount of heavy clean/snatch pulls to complement the squatting and cleaning/snatching.

squats are enough for general strength, but if you want to get good at cleans it'd be a good idea to do some heavyish clean pulls (dif from deadlifts)

also are isac/hwan/pent/comm still here
i havent read the wechat for months

yyeeewww i'm never doing another deadlift ever again

If you hate deadlifts, there's about a 90% chance you'll also hate clean pulls.

Got confirmation that I'm in for my first comp on 1st October.

Was worried with the state of WL in UK I'd be the only one in my weight class and would have the hollow victory by default but there's 6 other guys in the 77kg.

I was expecting everyone to be younger than me at 24 but they're all quite older except one.

I'll most likely come last though, coach wants ke to go 6/6 rather than push myself as it's my first comp. Probably end up going 60/75 if in lucky.

>tfw owg finally dies just as you start competing

Nice! When did you start olympic weightlifting? I'm tinking of starting soon.

Lifting in general for 14 months, weightlifting for 6 months.

>deadlifting in heels

y

Cheapest bumpers that aren't total shit?

I'm making the move to a home gym. Got a decent set with 300lbs of iron so sticking to power snatch/clean and snatch/clean deads and pulls as far as wl related things go.

I need more weight to be able to squat and DL effectively so I figure I will round out with a bumper set.

Obviously craigslist etc. is the first place to look, but any known places to scoop cheap (relatively) bumpers?

damn! that was fast!! good job mate

Hi hello

Chinks are short, they wear lifts all the time, even at the gym

Had a good day today lads
>Snatch doubles plus random technique stuff
>Snatch pulls
>FS
>fluffed around a bit
>caught up with my gym bro, he told me I had shit taste in women for drooling over the high test bodybuilder qt at the gym
>Check yo self played on the radio

UK too what comp is it

Ayy my next comp is on the 1st as well. It's going to be weird as hell because I just got a new coach and he wants to see me lift as oppose to get me on a proper competition prep lifting program

ok guys so im 19yo 186cm 73kg, been cutting cause i was a 108kg fat fuck, current bs is 90kg and fs 80kg im weak and want to get strong, i have a completely free schedule and have complete control over diet but im an aussie and on budget so its slim pickings, i've been working technique and flexibilty for the last 1 month and now wanna start training properly, what would be optimal for me to do considering i have all day everyday to eat sleep and train

a basic starter program, if you really wana do twice a days(which ur making it sound like) just do bar/tech work in the morning then normal programing in the afternoon

fuck out of here chink faggot

more quad engagement

Consistency in your lifts is definitely the most important thing when you're first starting out, don't worry too much about maxing out just yet.

Because olympic lifters do all their snatching/cleaning in their lifting shoes, taking them off would remove a degree of specificity from doing pulls.

Is it central regions comp? If so where is it bwl has no info!

77 and 85 are the most stacked at local level due to it being the most common average weight

And yes, go for 6/6 mate. I did my second comp a couple weeks ago and we aimed for 6/6 rather than pb's. Ended up with 5/6 and a total 12 kilos under gym best but still 40 up on last comp and more experience in the bag, so enjoy urself lad

Yeah Central Region Open.

Coach just gave me the application form and I sent it off, the dude from there emailed me yesterday.

Where do you train?

That looks incredibly dangerous.

Chorley

How do i improve jerk lockout?

Where is the comp mate I can't get on bwl? Wanna know if I should try book it off

Some place called Oswestry at a crossfit gym, applications have closed though.

Oh wtf already closed them without evening putting deets on bwl. Oh well. Good luck bud

where i can find romaleos or adipower for 140~150$ or less

o/

what a cheap cunt you are. anyway, there's tons of lifting shoe brands that are cheaper

he's just doing pulls with a sumo grip. what makes you think that's dangerous

Ebay

hey /owg
currently been lifting for 5 months. i really want to get into oly lifting, but my current gym (local y) Is pretty lame in terms of rules about chalk, dropping weights, etc. until I'm able to find a gym that caters to oly lifting, what sort of routine should i get into. i figure a huge focus on front squat and shoulder pressing along with deadlifts would be a good start.

also, anybody know anything about Richard "Smitty" Smith. guy was an Olympian coach with a few Olympic games under his belt, also my neighbor for around 8 years. he passed away sadly in 2014. Pretty awesome guy, would love to know about his contributions to the sport

buy liquid chalk

get a big squat and get gud tech on classics

classics?

snatch and clean and jerk

From stuff I've seen mentioned on here before bwl isn't the greatest run organisation, but that's understandable really with where the sports at over here.

Well they're usually decent with putting comp details and results up, it may have been that it was filled quicker than anticipated I suppose

Does anyone here have the Asics 727? Their sizes are in cm so I'd like to know how does that compare to the actual measurement of your feet.

You gotta be atleast nationally competitive to wear them

nice meme :^)

Just wondering, how fucked up are your guys' thumbs? Tape is a thing yeah, but Im new to oly and just wondering whats gonna happen

i never tape my thumbs

stop being a pussy. you're not lifting heavy enough to do any damage to your thumbs

Idgaf Im just wondering how theyll end up looking. My hands are already fucked up from lifting when I was still sprinting

the sizing is a bit weird, so you should go for something around 5 sizes down

you're a huge vagina

Nigga Im just curious

Thanks! A 23 that is then!

what size are you? I bought some adidas weightlifting shoes and i dont like them.

70s big has a transition program laid out

Fuck I want these shoes so damn much, I've been dropping hints to everyone I know that I really like them and that my shoes are wearing out

Mobility, lifting shoes, lots of heavy squats, don't worry about deads just do power cleans instead. Try doing overhead squats as that is a great mobility test, but if you cant drop weights you can't full snatch yet.

That pic
HahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahsgahwh!!!!

it kinda sucks going on travel for work and not being able to train.

Is owg alive again?

How's everybody's training going? Hit a power snatch PR at 111(245 merilubs), 94% of best full so far. Don't mind the ugly back and lack of heels.

instagram.com/p/BJ77MRBBSLL/

bretty strong

hang snatch 98(215)x3. got 102(225)x3 right after, but it was ugly. hopefully 111 from hang soon, then try it from the floor

instagram.com/p/BJ1bErgB9lT/

Why is this still called owg?

Is someone here in the Olympics?

WHAT A GOOD JOKE DUDE OMG

It wasn't a joke though??

aren't you that guy who uses gear but is weaker than natties? lmao

Are you that user that I'm stronger than but doesn't post lifts lmao

no he's the guy with the two year community college degree that makes dumb arguments on Veeky Forums

Where the fuck can I buy weightlifting shoes in Melbourne?

Wait so you're in the Olympics or am I right??

I really need to know please respond within the next three and a half minutes

>being on gear
>HAHAHAHA YES I'M STRONGER THAN YOU, PERSON WHO ISN'T ON STEROIDS

lmfao seriously? that's so embarrassing

i think he asks other people on plg on how to make money youre gonna have to dig the archives.

see >aren't you that guy who uses gear but is weaker than natties? lmao
>aren't you that guy that's weaker than natties
>I mean not me but other natties
It's objectively true that people stronger than me are on PEDs since I roided past the natty limit
Deal with it nerd

hahahaha that's fantastic. what a fucking loser

Let's stay on topic here
Standing questions:
What do you lift?
Are you in the Olympics?
How can I make a quick $577.43?

let's get real here. why are you so dumb you had to go to a safety school? isn't high school in ameriburger so piss easy that anyone with an iq above 80 could get the grades necessary to get into a decent uni?

he decided to not go to a 4 year university to save money for steroids and crossfit obviously

I decided to not go to a 4 year university to save money for steroids and crossfit actually
Also I'm in uni rn, almost done.

Also what about my on topic questions? Get that 1pl8 snatch yet?

toppest fucking kek

boardie you should come to owg more often and try to shit the thread up, laughing at your poor life decisions is way more entertaining than what we usually talk about

I'm not in the olympics, i just enjoy weightlifting and weightlifting training. now go be a fag somewhere else

Cool I'm not in the Olympics either, just trying to figure out why this thread is called owg and not wlg

hey man, i totally get that you're angry and bitter about being dumb. that's not your fault, there are a lot of external factors that determine intelligence. your mother probably drank during pregnancy for example, that would explain your fetal alcohol syndrome face.

but coming to poor old owg and trying to bully as an escape from your awful existence just isn't the way to deal with your problems okay? get off Veeky Forums and go work, you got a lot of community college student loans to pay off i'm sure

i think it actually has to do with what people think of when you just say weightlifting. in my experience, they don't usually think of clean and jerk and snatch. when you say "olympic" lifting they understand

>calls little ol me the bully for asking some simple questions
>strawmans
>doesn't answer questions
>projects unhappiness
>bullies
ok

Or you could just explain that weightlifting is the name of a sport and not just the act of lifting weights

What is your degree in? Not trying to make fun of you, I'm just curious.

laughing at retards is not projecting unhappiness. can you please answer MY question?

how hard is it to get into a decent school in burgerland?

I love watching me some olympic weightlifting

He has a point though. The sport's called weightlifting. Adding the olympic to it makes it seem like we're competing in the olympics.

yes but it's easier to just say olympic weightlifting. there is no confusion, and you don't have to use an additional 45 seconds or so explaining how it's different

>how hard
It's not hard, it's expensive. I did really well on my standardized tests but didn't want to be $40000 in debt come graduation.

So where am I wrong?

Business desu

Business what? How much does it pay? Is it decent? If it's good then I'm happy for you.

fuck /run/ going to go create

/org/ - olympic running general

and

/ocg/ olympic cycling general

classical lifting fags think that if they can c&j >1.5pl8 they are doing olympic lifting
>muh sides

I do olympic running. How fast do I run? Well not to brag but I once ran 5km in under an hour.

hi trappy

Olympic shitposting at its finest.

Hi sean :)

Holy shit what is wrong with you idiots?

How can you get trolled this hard by fucking boardshorts of all people?

Breadshoes ilu but pls post more webms when shitposting

Seals or Lidia are also acceptable

im not sean :)

when are you gonna make new name

40kg clean and jerk
Can't snatch the bar
I'm just back from Rio for racewalking
Whore yourself out to 577.43 women for $1 a time, that'll only take 577.43 minutes if my calculations are correct

pathetic
the fucking trap necked its self
let it die already