QTDDTOT

How will taking an anti-inflamatory affect my lifting? performance, recovery, growth?

So with pushups it's
>wide grip = triceps and back
and
>narrow grip = shoulders and chest
Right?

Yes
For reference next time, think of the motions and try to figure it out

moving house in a month gotta sell my power rack how much should I sell it for?

I finish a 5-rep set in like 10 seconds, then i rest for two minutes or more, waiting for another set.
Doing SS i'm lifting like 90 seconds 3 times / week total not counting warmup sets or waiting between sets.
If you count warmup sets, its like 5 minutes total lifting time / week.

What i do is start with 20kg/40kg and keep doing 1x5 in 10kg increments until i reach 2.5kg more than last time i did the same exercise.
For example
1x5 Squat 40kg
1x5 Squat 50kg
1x5 Squat 60kg
3x5 Squat 70kg
1x5 Bench 20kg
1x5 Bench 30kg
3x5 Bench 42.5kg
1x5 Deadlift 40kg
1x5 Deadlift 50kg
1x5 Deadlift 60kg
3x5 Deadlift 67.5kg
Would be an example of my routine.

How is this enough? Am i even doing it right?
In the beginning all my muscles hurt, i felt it for the entire day, it really did feel like a real workout, now after a month it just feels like a chore.

Just eat more veggies man, don't but shit you don't need
>So with pushups it's
>>wide grip = triceps and back
>and
>>narrow grip = shoulders and chest
>Right?
Wrong
Wide grip is more chest, narrow is more triceps, both train shoulders the same, neither trains back
Please don't post if you don't lift

? I wasn't feeling well and doctor put me on them. Just wondering how it will affect me

I'm trying to improve myself as much as I can in a month, my plan is to do some running and lifting five times a week with two days of rest? Is that too much or should I split them up with one every other day?

>no picture
Tree fiddy
You'll stall fast. Taper the warm up down to singles before the working set.

No man, you dont work your back on pushups, it is a horizontal pressing movement and employs your anterior deltoids (shoulder), pecs, triceps, and core. The narrower the grip, the more the enphasis on triceps. The wider the grip, the more the emphasis on the pecs.

I see. Thanks

I'm not a doctor. Do whatever they said, and ask them about the consequences etc.
Way too vague. Start off by becoming more specific.

I want to do some light running in the morning, SL, then more running a couple hours later. I'm asking if I should split them up or do them on the same day.

>Taper the warm up down to singles before the working set.
So, your advice is that i lift even less?
Why? How does that make sense?

Unless the point is to get higher numbers, and since you get tired less if you do less warmups, you can achieve a higher number.
I'm not really lifting to "level up" and competitively compare numbers with others though.

You could become more specific, and because you aren't, I'm gonna have to assume you don't really know yourself what your goals are. It's ok, few did when they started.
For now, do SL first, go run after that, and don't run on rest days at all. 5x5 squats 3x week and cardio 3x week on top of that will catch up to you soon enough.
The goal of SS is not to accumulate volume before the working sets, the goal is to load 2.5 kg more every workout. The warm up volume will catch up to you and fatigue you soon enough.

the past 6 weeks i did canditos 6weeks program.
in that time i increased my DL by 10kg, bench by 8kg and squat not at all...
WHY AM I SO BAD AT SQUATTING???
its by far my weakest lift. i am doing it as often as bench, but still i only progressed 15kg in this entire year.
any tips are appreciated

Jesus christ just do the fucking program.

That should be fine. Eat enough and sleep well. It's unlikely you'll suffer from any significant under recovery doing that.

Beginner here. Did 3x10 barbell squats today and 4x5 pull ups, how did I do?

Why do meat head powerlifters feel the need to drop the bar instead of finishing their rep when they dead lift?

Do pic related instead

why do you care?

dropping the bar with a loud bang is damn satisfying.
dont do it on light sets though, thats just screaming: attention whore.

since i started lifting ive been wanting to know hom many kilos lmao1pl8 is. is it 25?
explain these common terms used in Veeky Forums

bonus question i can squat 2x5 of 60 kg begore going back to 55 kg, is that gud for a noob

It's obnoxious and I hate fat people

Does smoking weed kill gains?

nah

lmao1pl8 = 1 standard 20kg/45lbs weight plate each side of a standard 20kg barbell

which is 60kg.

>is that gud
gud is relative. it's excellent for a 5 year old. pretty poor for a 120kg bw juice head.

because slowly lowering the weight isn't a necessary part of completing the deadlift - so it just takes energy away from actually lifting the weight as well as taking longer to recover from dl sessions.

probably form related if everything else is moving fine.

It's a failed rep tho

>pushups
>back

what the fuck

You know what. I'm starting to think this whole ABA routine thing and rest days are a meme.

The simple fact is, the more you do one thing, the better you will become at it.
More you do squats, better you will become at doing squats.
More you bench, better you will become at benching.
Why shouldn't i lift 5 times / week instead of 3 times / week?
Why shouldn't i bench/OHP as often as i squat if they don't go up?
Everybody keeps throwing out what lifts you should and shouldn't do, but no peer reviewed medical studies to back anything up.
The only thing that has any medical backing, is nutrition.

The whole fitness community is a joke.

It isn't. But even if it was; again, why do you care?

A lot of studies and training programs are very high volume.

The only limiting factor when it comes to progress under the bar is your recovery. You can do full body workouts every day and see results provided your body is able to recover.

Overtraining is certainly a meme but under recovery is the other side of the same coin which is quite often not mentioned enough.

repostan

5'9" 18 years old

Should I take mk677 to give a shot of potentially increasing my height?

I forgot to mention as well. There are quite a few people now who are looking into the studies that have been done and trying to draw more scientific conclusions from them.

Greg Nuckols at strengtheory.com has written a lot of interesting stuff.

If you're growth plates have closed nothing except extremely invasive surgery will make you taller. If they haven't closed then you'll be getting taller anyway.

>when will they learn

best form of fasted cardio to get shredded?

Again, it's obnoxious and I hate fat people

Swimming
Cycling if that's not possible for whatever reason

Is SL a good slow bulking routine? I'm trying to get up to about 3pl8 bench before cutting back down.

Does anyone know where I can buy DNP? Most of the sources listed in the general are ded, so is the reddit page

I'm thinking I'm about done with SS. I know people meme about hitting 1/2/3/4 on it, and I haven't yet, but my stats are pretty good for a manlet, and I've pretty much stopped progressing. Also I'm feeling pretty fat so I'm gonna start my first cut.

two questions
1) Is lifting MF in a SS style full body routine enough for maintenance while cutting

2) Memes aside, are my lifts reasonable for someone to have stopped progressing well on SS, and should I move on to texas method after my cut

Stats (weights are working sets, never tested 5rm or 1 rm):
>bw: 170
>sq: 230
>bench: 185
>OHP: 120
>Deadlift: 295
>PClean: 155

Swimming is for fat people.
Cycling is for lazy people.
Jogging is where its at.

I'm doing GreySkull LP
I dont have microplates at the moment, working on it...
Instead can I stay on a weight 2 times and try to do even more amraps on the second workout?

You'd be a lot better off trying to find it locally.

Like, trying to buy it from a fertilizer store or something? Where would I even buy that from?

I agree, but jogging puts a lot more stress on the body than either of those. The poster didn't sound like he wanted to become a better athlete or get better at cardio, he just wanted to do cardio to get shredded. Swimming and cycling will do that with less stress, just weaker actual cardio results.

Do more reps with current weight, when you can do 10-12 add the smallest denomination of weight you can
Call that hood microplating.

If I'm skinnyfat mode, should I bulk or cut first? CBT gave me some interesting, conflicting replies.

Bulk, it's almost that time of year anyways.

How much does height matter in lifting? For example, should a 5'5'' manlet be able to lift as much as a 6'2'' guy if they both weight the same?
Which lifts are easier for short people and which for tall people?

Pic by random

bench is easier for a shorter guy, ohp is too because of less rom
I think DL depends on the proportions between your torso, femur and arms, more than your height per se.
dont know about squat

Uni timetable means that im in mon,tue and wed. i cant really afford going up extra days right now so would it be ok to lift on those three days then rest with light cardio the rest of the week?

doing IF so im a little scared of burning muscle with intense cardio, but walking seems too lazy

Is strength training while trying to lose 50lbs viable? I'm a fat mess trying to get my shit together.

How do I know if I'm bulking too hard or when I need to stop? I've heard people say that you should stop bulking when you can no longer see your abs but I've lifted for 6 months only and have never really had visible abs.
I was a hungry skeleton when I started lifting and began eating more. I definitely look healthier now and my stats are going up but I'm worried that I'll end up just looking fat if I keep on bulking for too long.

It's one or the other, get shredded or continue bulking

Can't have both.

Bumpan for these

Can anyone who's doing a slow bulk give me a sample of their diet? It's my first bulk, and I'm having trouble figuring out the macros/calories.

How do I get stubborn arms to grow or at least look good in a t shirt?

im ot bulking, i just dont want to lose my muscle as i get to 10%bf

IF has nothing to do with burning muscle, you might want to reevaluate why you are even on IF, it has nothing to do with loosing weight.

Cals in/ Cals out. How much muscle you are able to hold on to comes down to lifting heavy, macros, and genetics.

How long to get from A to B? and I wanna be bulking at this stage right?

If all you want is a 3 plate bench, get on a progressive bench press routine. Depending on how far you are away and how quickly you want to get there, a slow bulk might not be possible.

Gain mass, stop worrying about specific body parts

Dude you are looking at years of bulking, good macros, and a good ass routine.

been working out 5 times a week for 5 weeks now, 40-60min cardio liftan, eating a deficit

Started out 268, yesterday i was 250, 2 days before that i was 260.

how much of that could be water weight?

Are there any beginner programs that don't require a barbell? My gym only has a Smith machine.

One side of my chest is bigger than the other even though I can lift the same in dumbbells. I make sure that I do the exercise correct with both arms synchronizing the movement and the position but it doesn't seem to work. What can I do Veeky Forums?

change gym

I was having trouble getting bar placement on my high bar squat for quite a while. Basically it was digging into my spine. Anyway, I changed my shoulder position from rolled back to more rounded/neutral, and the pain is gone. Isn't this incorrect form though? Please help

do wide grip barbell and make someone watch and see if one side is stalling. if not, then you got shit genetics

I best get to work then

Almost all of it

Just because the dumbbells are moving together doesn't mean you are activating the same muscles equally. You most likely are too heavy for one side and are taking the weight off that side using shoulders and less target. I'd either drop weight and build back up, or move to barbell.

2-3 years

What am I gonna eat for dinner?

post pic. by 6 months you should be having enough foundation to not look like a hungry skeleton if you cut

how long does it take to get back into lifting after a break?
i usually give myself 2-4 weeks before i start a structured routine again, just so i dont have to adjust weights after a month
is that good?

>then you got shit genetics
thanks. y-you too.
I'll try to lower the weights. thanks.

oh th-thanks

So why drink water if I can just not drink and feel like i'm losing mad weight?

I'm happy with that.

>just so i dont have to adjust weights after a month

What the fuck does that even mean, you should be adjusting weights all the time. Get back to lifting bitch

I'm new to lifting and a bit of a fatty. I'm on a cut but finding it hard to consume enough protein without going over my calorie limit. Should I get some whey? It seems like a veteran bodybuilder kind of thing but if its just a bunch of protein it wont hurt right?

because tricking yourself into thinking you're losing fat when you're not is nothing compared to the numerous benefits of staying hydrated

Using my apartment gym because I just moved and have no spending money. Plenty of free weights and machines, but no barbell.

i mean adjust my percentages for core lifts after my bosy is aclimated to lifting again
my 1rm right now is going to be waay under my real 1rm in 2-4 weeks even lifting at maintenance, simply because ive not lifted in a while
after a few weeks it will narrow down to my "true" 1rm, and then i have to actually do progressive lifts ie. a program to make progress
its the idea that ill make faster progress early on due to muscle memory than i will after i reach the limit of the benefits of muscle memory

Don't have a picture right now, will post later when I get home.

If you need whey to supplement your poor food choices then do it

What should I have for breakfast? A piece of sourdough bread, a banana or both?

Bro get whey, it's essential. I am new to lifting and on a cut as well, taking creatine+whey. Since we're new we get what's called Newb gains, which means we can still gain muscle and burn fat even though we're cutting. Take advantage of it. Regardless, buy it in bulk in the simplest, low calorie form and eat that shit up.

Don't fall for he misconception that whey is for pro lifters. All whey is is literally concentrated, powdered protein. It's very good for hitting your protein goals. If you're gonna try whey for the first time, I personally like ON Gold Standard Extreme Milk Chocolate.

also get whey that tastes good. the chocolate shake stuff i get is fucking phenomenal and tastes good enough that it satisfies my snack cravings.

>ON Gold Standard Extreme Milk Chocolate
I've just got it and it tastes more and more like a tumor every time I make a shake out of it. but then again all protein shakes taste worse and worse until you have to contain yourself from barfing at the last scoop

Pic related is my routine. I do Calf Raises and Chest supported DB rows every lifting day because I never hit my lats and I think calf raises is a good isometric (I think I'm using that word right) exercise to finish a lift session with, Schwarzenegger did the same thing.

Is this a good idea or will this screw with my gains development?

That was painful to read. I still don't know how you think waiting a month to start a program is better than starting now, irrelevant of any difference in 1rm you think you will get in 1 month.

depends, what are your goals?

you don't need whey. Whey is just for convenience, that's it. It's not essential. If you feel that whey is necessary, you're fucking up somewhere. If you're having trouble getting enough protein (make sure you're eating the right amount and not trying to eat 1g for 1lb of body weight...that's too much, it should be 1g for 1lb of lean body mass), fix your diet. I used to get 150-180g of protein in under 1500 calories.

Thanks, bros.

What is the fastest way to lose muscle?

The calf raises are fine, but you just need a different routine overall. Tuesday/Thursday cringe days

had sex with my gf for only 10 mins or so, doggy style.

will it affect my squatting? gotta lift in an hour

Starve yourself and don't work out.

Don't eat and run