What do you guys do for personality gains? I'm very socially awkward and anxious...

What do you guys do for personality gains? I'm very socially awkward and anxious, so meeting new people and grills is a task. Any suggestions?

bump

Drink

Develop self-awareness. People who aren't self-aware end up saying autistic and only realizing it when it's too late.

are you retarded? read books obviously

watch other people. study what they say, when they say it, who they look at, how they look at them. be conscious of how people are feeling. see how they react when someone says something. see how they react when you say something. slowly begin to understand how social interactions work. start figuring out what are the best responses in certain situations. eventually, very slowly, itll become second nature.

i can only speak from personal experience here. i was a socially awkward outcast most of my childhood. once i started really focusing on figuring out social situations, making a conscious effort at it, things got much better. i treated it like a skill i was bad at. if you start a job, and everyone there is good at it and you dont know shit, you need to watch how they do it and learn. that's what i did. my development of social skills had been stunted pretty badly. i had to catch up. i had to learn the things that for most people were second nature - how loud to laugh, when not to laugh, how to speak in different situations... theres 100s of situations. you figure it out eventually.

within the first semester of my senior year, when i started this, i went from a literal friendless nobody to being jn a solid group for lunch, always chatting with people in the halls, occasionally getting invites to see movies/go to malls/restaurants etc with people. normal things, which i was completely foreign to.

now in college i have a decent social life also.

the key is, you need to treat this like any other skill you want to get better at- watch how those better than you at it do it, and learn from them

also yes i am probably on the spectrum thanks for letting me know.

Good advice, thank you. I've been doing that without knowing it for some time now but I think if I make it a conscious effort it might get easier.

How do this?

Too much self awareness leads to anxiety though.

This is true.

bad advice. social anxiety = too much self-awareness. this advice is for spergs like my ex gf who asked her mom about her senpai's dick sizes

You need self-awareness awareness, so you can tell when to be less self aware.

>has friends in college
Normie plz leave

No one here knows how to get girls alk we do is drink milk and squat.

Kekker but kinda true

Honestly I've had a few reality breaks and severe anxiety for a while now. Everybody finds that hard to belie bc I just act genuinely nice to people. I'm not tryharding or trying to impress people. Just be fucking polite and if you think ever think, "hey, that would be really nice" to yourself, then do that thing. Doesn't matter if it's for the fatass being a turd or the hottie being a bitch, just do it and you'll have less anxiety bc ppl will know you are nice and it's super easy compared to overthinking what to do and say all the time.

I usually don't talk much in group convos but it's all good. Ppl come up and talk to me individually bc they like me and it's not weird

Crush some PB's, that feeling is called confidence, not Chad confidence but real cool confidence.

You really want women? Get it into your skull that the worst thing that can happen is rejection and speak to them as humans, just normal humans.

That cool confidence, the ability to not be afraid, that's woman bait.

Go up to a girl, if she's been mirin, smiling at you, staring at you, just go the fuck up to her and say, hi I'm X, what's your name? Follow with, do you want to go get a drink/ coffee/ snack what the fuck ever.

It will work. If it doesn't try again, do you just quit fucking lifting when you can't max out or break PB? it's the same concept.

you spelled oats wrong pal, and you don't drink them

LSD
>Hurr durr hippie freak thinks taking drugs will give him profound experiences

It does not work for everyone. But worked for me. Helped in thinking about stuff and thinking a way out of the personal hell I was in.

Otherwise; read self help books, they are tons of bullshit most time but motivating nonetheless and try to do stuff. If u are a person who is having problems with simplest stuff like shopping, go out shopping. Stepping out the comfort zone.

Also just read books overall, reading is nice, maybe you will learn a skill or two.

Fake it till you make it, really worked for me

What I did was go somewhere new and meet new people every day until I got comfortable doing it

You need to do affirmations to get your head in the right place

I user am a good looking man
I user am attractive to women
I user have the ability to gain many friends

Do this many times a day and you will eventually believe it

Peanut butters? jk. I don't drink though