I done did got me a idea

Women have a shitload of female-only gyms. Why can't men have our own?

scenario
>be 20
>graduated high school two years ago
>have only stayed home and played MMORPGs and shit ever since
>last time you saw a girl within five years of your age was about a month ago when mom took you through the drivethru at Dairy Queen and the cashier at the window was a high school kid on her first summer job
>even that made you nervous

>one day, you decide to look around at other boards on Veeky Forums
>one of these boards is Veeky Forums
>everyone posting seems like you, just with an extra interest
>they like going to the gym, apparently
>it's an oddly friendly board too
>before you know it, you have an interest in lifting and getting aesthetic
>realize this could be your ticket to better confidence
>maybe a normal life
>happiness
>at least something new
>decide to go get a gym membership

>mom takes you to the YMCA a few blocks away
>sends you in with her credit card and a pen
>"bring it back out when you get signed up, bub."
>walk in
>immediately see a cardio bunny walk by
>she glances at you and smiles
>jesusfuck.zip
>get to counter
>MOTHERFUCKER.zip
>person at counter is a 9/10 athletic woman with a ponytail and underarmour shit on
>go to say something
>no words come out
>just a gurgled "uhh"
>she looks confused
>you spazz out and fast walk out the door you came in less than a minute ago
>get in mom's car
>"that was pretty fast."
>"I didn't sign up."
>"Oh... well, okay then..."
>go home
>continue fruitless existence

will cont. in a second here

>a few days pass
>mom knocks on your door one day and says she needs to talk to you in the living room
>you meet her there and she gives you a leaflet for a gym
>"I was talking to some of my friends about how you wanted to get a gym membership but you didn't because you got scared. Somebody said you should check this place out."
>"Mom, please.."
>"I already called. Get some workout clothes on. You're going. Now."

>put shorts on, throw on some chucks
>mom drives you to this other gym
>you walk inside
>really happy-looking guy is standing by the front desk
>he's also a fuckin monster
>but he's wearing a Blizzard shirt
>wat.facialexpression
>"You must be user. Your mom said you chickened out at the Y."
>you want to yell at your mom for telling strangers about that shit
>"We have a lot of guys here who used to be just like you. Myself included. Don't worry about shit, my dude. Follow me."
>walk with nerdy monster to unoccupied room
>along the wall are a bench press station, a squat rack, and a deadlift platform
>all stations have old, brown bars
>"This is where I first lifted a barbell. This is where most people here started too. This is where everyone comes to their first classes. You will too, if you want to make that change you've been thinking about."
>look at the wall behind the stations
>walk closer
>signatures and games
>"Those are the signatures of all the people who have ever started their fitness journey at this gym. Every last one of them has some an account on some sort of gaming website or whatever
>look again
>WoW
>Dota
>WoW
>Second Life
>Runescape
>Dota
>DnD
>WoW
>"You won't meet women here. Total sausagefest. Kinda gay, to be honest, but whatever. Everyone here was a fuckin loser at some point. Most still are. I still am. I actually have Oblivion paused at the front desk right now."
>a few seconds of silence
>"So, do you wanna get fuckin jacked? We know how to get you there. No distractions. Free group classes daily."

So when did you wake up?

>it's been about 2 years since you started at that gym
>you still go there at least twice a week
>you go there every weekend now because they host wicked sweet lan parties
>your bench 1rm may only be 240, but it's better than the 95 you started with
>the 95 you struggled so hard at in your first class about push movements
>that 95 a whole room of sweaty nerds cheered for
>that 95 which was followed by a burly mother fucker grabbing you with his pastey white arms and hugging you, crying while he spouted out a few "fuck yeah"s
>you have abs now
>only really easy to see early in the morning after a shit and before you eat, but whatever
>holy shit, you even have a girlfriend now
>just last week, she came over to your house and you both got drunk playing Genesis games
>you still live at home, but at least you're not stuck in your room almost 24/7 now
>it's not the greatest life ever, but god damn, it's better than it used to be

allowing men to be pussies is a bad thing

man the fuck up
I know this is just a pasta, but Im pretty serious now.

cool story bro

heres mine

>go to gym
>fucking hot ass girls in skimpy clothing everywhere
>muh dick
>get swole

I typed this shit out because I got butthurt because there are women-only gyms but fuckin zero men-only gyms, and that's a little fucked up. I want to see a new gym that caters to males who can't go to a gym because they're too scared. Sure, if you need something like this, you're a fuckin little bitch, but that doesn't mean you aren't a human being. I like to think anyone who wants to change, can change.

Now, what the fuck do I have to do to start the ball rolling on this kind of gym? Kickstarter, maybe? Gofundme? Something. Maybe spend my own money first, build my own hole in the wall, get some success stories, and come back later after all that? I wanna be realistic here.

two options:

just make a good, old time style butcherhouse that will only attract males

or

make a nerdy gym like planet fitness.

Anyway I doubt kickstarter would help, this is a normal investment and you just need to get investors or give first money by yourself

I think you'd have ot start with a tiny hole in the wall sort of gym with just a few power racks, benches, dumbells, etc.

Probably all used equipment and you'd need to bust your ass to get the sort of clientele you're outlining in these posts.

I believe you can definitely do it, but it would be a lot of work, you'd basically be there 8-12 per day motivating DYELs and fatty neckbeards.

The biggest hurdle would probably be when ftm trannies or just whiny bitches in general catch wind of your gym and start crying out against you. In CA I'm pretty sure there are laws that make it so you have to cater to women as well, but of course Curves is okay somehow.

I figured the most likely scenario is I buy about an acre of shitty land for like $800 because swampy land is ridiculously cheap around here, build an auto shop type building on it, stock it with gym equipment, and just start pulling people in who aren't satisfied with our only current gym which only has one power rack, several bent dumbbells, and NO CHALK ALLOWED.

Sounds excellent.

You're gonna have to go it on your own I think. Crowdfunding won't work for several reasons:

>Internet SJWs will call you MRA
>Normal girls wont support as it's men-only and they don't have a dog in the fight
>Gym going men probably won't care as they're well adjusted enough to function in their current gym
>Your target audience won't have much interest at this stage, need to be coaxed out by success stories

What's your background, worked as a personal trainer etc? I think your best bet will be to work as a personal trainer targeting nerds and then if it's successful and you collect enough funds you can start thinking about getting your own place.

You're gonna make it brah

or it might get extremely popular because some memelords will support it for the luls

you never know

I live in rural Kentucky,
where Californian is a derogatory word.

I know some people already who want to lose weight.

I already work 9s at a job that has gotten mystery bodily fluid in mouth and nearly given me frostbite. 12 hours doing what I like would be lovely.

The first gym would just be to gain reputation as someone who can own and operate a gym. The sex-specific gyms would come later, and most likeoy be built right next to each other so for every male gym, there is a female gym. Maybe even have a coed section. The gender segregation is just a starting point for the idea.

Yeah, get the rep, get the cash, go with the gimmick

>some faggot on Veeky Forums is making a gym chain for guys
>hahaha let's give him money to piss off feminists

>talk to breitbart and shit
>have them run stories about it that purposefully makes it sound like it's only for nerds
>talk to huffpo and shit
>have them run shit that makes it sound like I care about people with social anxiety

Bruh.

I hate living in Cuckifornia
this user has a good point, if you do have PT cred you can target nerds and tell them you're starting a gym for them type thing.

That would be a lot of effort as well.
Shit man, if I lived in Kentucky I'd help you run it just because.

Neato thing about Kentucky, you don't need a license to be a personal trainer, so I don't have to go through any extra bullshit when all I'm going to be doing is pretty much football coach levek shit, but refined by actually giving two shits about liftan.

Might also employ a friend to weld up custom equipment as well, so the racks and whatnot should turn out super cheap.

Being allowed to hide from your fears and weaknesses is what creates weak men. Step out of that comfort zone nigger.

I like the idea of a nerdy gym helping dyels and socially anxious people get fit. I'm in that boat right now. But it isn't the females that have me anxious it's the big motherfuckers and regulars judging me for being a skelly and lifting without proper form. I guess it would help not having females there. If this was a real gym I'd probably go to it if it was 24/7.

I'd like to help you with a logo for your gym

Would definitely require swole mofuckers to take seminars on how not to fuck with new guys. Maybe have free classes to help them be better leaders and shit so they can inspire new guys. Maybe even have a mentor program where long time gym rats can get free months for helping new people.

>mfw I commission people to do artwork for shit
>mfw I have no face
Gimme time. Logos are an afterthought. I don't expect I'll have a name until I get ready to launch.

>a name for a nerdy males-only gym
>Band of Brothers
>like the game

Brothers In Arms* like the game
Band of Brothers like the miniseries

/thread

how about
Scrub Iron, Realm of Attainement of Godlike Physiques, Chapel of Aesthetics and Strength, Glorious Home of Brotherhood and Oneness

But just have Scrub Iron on the sign and let people memorize the rest for shits and giggles.

also, full name will actually be like a page long so nerds will have the joy of learnibg the whole thing and spouting it to new guys like a badge of honor.

>L337 Physique
>Level UP Scrub
>The Ripping Realm

>Women have a shitload of female-only gyms.

we do?

holy shit

tfw I'm a tard who didn't know

bye guys

Curves has something like 4000 locations. That's just one chain.

This desu lads. The answer to shitty leftists/feminist bahavior is not to create your own version but to instead be a real man for your own determination despite all the bs.
Same goes for family "I would not bring kids into this world" is a cop out if you supposedly know what's right and wrong and how to navigate the shit accordingly then teach others how to as well

We are all going to make it
(IF you put in the effort)

this sounds dope as fuck

would donate 10 dollars to even tho i live in sweden

dood I'd legit help you fund this shit.
I dont live in the US and wouldnt gain from it but it would make me so happy to know autists like me have a place to better themselves anxiety-free
please let us know if you will actually do it, please do.

nice one man and I hear you!Lucky for me when I started the gym was new opened for 2 weeks and there were not many people and literally no girls when I started. Now you get girls by pairs in there one being ugly and fat and the second is always hot. I always chicken that I will get a hardon if I stare or they will think im a creep. But what I do is just foccuse on my work program and zone out to the floor or window when I'm resting... good luck man!

>implying women aren't just more motivation for lifting

I am not however imying, that lifting fow women should be the only motivation.
Hopefully this reply's hull steers clear of the shitburg.