Creatine Redpill

Alright Veeky Forums redpill me
all I do is lift should I start taking Creatine?

Other urls found in this thread:

examine.com/nutrition/does-creatine-cause-baldness
journals.lww.com/nsca-jscr/abstract/2003/11000/effects_of_creatine_supplementation_and_resistance.31.aspx
europepmc.org/abstract/med/9884793
researchgate.net/profile/Anthony_Almada/publication/15419659_The_effect_of_creatine_monohydrate_ingestion_on_power_indices_muscular_strength_and_body_composition/links/00b7d51b5cfffb067e000000.pdf
examine.com/supplements/creatine/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yes

Why?

Do you want to retain water? Do you want to have greasy shits? Go for it.

Helps with cellular respiration, but most retards here think that instantly translates into an extra rep or so, as if their anecdotal experience is evidence, not counting for the millions of other factors that could have helped you pump out an extra rep that day.

It'll get you a few extra reps after using it for a while. Not worth the accelerated baldness risk if you ask me.

Source?

High doses of creatine is not good for the body. It accelerated the aging process.

Only take it if you are vegan and even then like once a week.

pros:
>will add a few more reps to your workouts
>a bit of instant volume on your muscles (all water)
>that water retention actually promotes muscle growth in the long term
>more testosterone

cons:
>early baldness (because of testosterone)
>general bloating
>elevated blood pressure, if you do cardio your heart will go noticeably faster
>muscle cramps
>your liver is working extra, bad for you in the long run

Tl;dr: It works, but it's not worth it. Just hit the iron and eat right.

Source on the aging?

when you hit the inevitable plateau you start taking it

The water retention makes you "look" bigger. That's the only reason I take it, no idea if it's actually increased my lifts or not.

I've been taking it for a couple weeks and haven't noticed a difference.

When is this stuff supposed to kick in?

Apparently it doesn't work on some people

>When is this stuff supposed to kick in?
It doesn't. If you got yourself sufficiently convinced you might have experienced a mild placebo effect.

idk, it made me gain like 4lbs of water almost instantly, which seemed to go mostly to upper body, which is good
it didn't increase my low rep strength but I can more reps on high rep sets, especially later sets

Not OP but is it true that it helps you improve past your plateau? What if I just take it for 6 months? or scheduled intervals yearly to dodge negative effects?

Don't ask about of people on fit, just go on examine.com and see for yourself

Look up "creatine and aging". Literally everything that pops up is "anti aging" shit. Creatine accelerating aging or causing balding is a shitty meme or something, nothing else. Move on.

examine.com/nutrition/does-creatine-cause-baldness

Tl;dr if your family experiences male pattern baldness, this will increase your risk

journals.lww.com/nsca-jscr/abstract/2003/11000/effects_of_creatine_supplementation_and_resistance.31.aspx

europepmc.org/abstract/med/9884793

researchgate.net/profile/Anthony_Almada/publication/15419659_The_effect_of_creatine_monohydrate_ingestion_on_power_indices_muscular_strength_and_body_composition/links/00b7d51b5cfffb067e000000.pdf

this dude is just spitting garbage, see for yourself examine.com/supplements/creatine/

Shit this reminds me forgot to creatine today

I haven't been doing my most intense workouts lately and they've been shorter but they are steadily getting back to what they used to be.