Lifting after work

I recently graduated from neet status and joined the 9-5 grind and am struggling to find the energy to hit the gym after.

How do my fellow working Veeky Forumsizens find the energy to lift after a long day at work?

It's rough at first but you get used to it. The gym is always packed and you're always going to be exhausted walking in but you get used to it.

Preworkout helps. Or just cruise on EC.

Just gotta man up and do it mate. Takes a lot of effort to get yourself in there the first few times, but, like anything, it'll just become routine.

find a gym near work if you haven't already
I found that once I got home I'd be much less to go

Go to the gym before work you dumb retard.
>wake up at around 5:30am
>wash my face and put in my contacts
>go to the gym
>come home
>shower
>go to work for 12 hours

you get used to working after a while

also good idea

some people like to workout in the morning at a gym near home, but I feel btfo after so I can't imagine how I'd feel before work

Assuming you're an office cuck like me, you've gotta separate your mental and physical tiredness.

When you wake up and head to work you've got loads of mental and physical energy.

When you leave work, you'll feel tired but really you're only worn down mentally - your body has had 8 hours of relaxing.

When you go to the gym, you're giving your brain a rest from thinking too hard, and you're putting your body through the mill.

>work 10 hours a day doing labor construction work
>plus 2 hours driving to and from every day
>still gotta cook my own stuff
>too exhausted to do anything else
>havent gone to the gym in months
>never going to make it
>tfw i will never will get a wifey that will cook for me and massage my aching body everday after work

life is tough

Why don't you just shower at the gym and save yourself the hassle

And get raped?

Are you me?

Then too tired on days off to workout either

oh shit
I think its waking up at 4:40am thing that gets me,but yeah too tired on day off too I only get sunday off

My solution

Have enough space to have rack at home
Acquire caffeine & DMAA
Use as needed
Add in good breakfast (premade)
Never skip lunch
Make certain you eat enough for dinner

welcome to adult life

whats the job you got?

crazy I just made this same thread, didn't see this. my issue is I can't lift as much as I do when I work out first thing in the morning (as a result of being tired). should I just accept this and be content with the fact that I'm at least lifting? Or is there a way to fix this?

by putting a power rack in a 2nd floor apartment. id never do it if i had to go somewhere, especially in the winter

amphetamines
if i wasn't taking Vyvanse in the morning, i wouldn't be able to lift

Get good sleep and drink coffee before the workout. IF that doesn't work, amphets are your friends.

Go in the morning!
You'll be more energized and productive at work, and when you get home you can have the rest of the evening to yourself. Eat, rest, repeat.

Preworkout. Would have quit a long time ago without it.

In b4 austist
>8-4 job i like to work 7 days a week
>go to bed at 7pm everyday
>wake up at 2am everyday and workout till about 4-5.
>when work rolls around i look glorious

Its a lonely world but i like it, no ones around at night, like everyone in the world died. Peaceful, plus plenty of time for gains. Plus noone at the gym but some mega fit old dude and some fat chicks.

>like to work 7 days a week
kys 7 times

I like to drink a protein shake while I'm working and then go to the gym during my lunch break for an hour. It goes really quickly because the gym is almost empty.

As others have said, pre workout and make a routine. I basically come home and fill my preworkout shaker as soon as I get in the door.

>welp, I just drank 300mg of caffeine and a bunch of other stuff, better go work it off or I'll never sleep

Speaking of sleep, you might want a sleep-aid as you'll be exerting a ton of energy at the end of the day, which will keep you riled up all night. Valerian Root works well if you want something natural, take a double dose.

I would have to get up at 6am to go the gym before work, you fucking savage. Get out of here.

I did this for a few years when there was a reasonably priced gym near my office. But now I work in a "big city", and all the gyms are $100+ /month. Plus everyone works through their lunches when you work where I work.

sleep tight porker

Pure self hatred. I work 12 hour shifts as a nurse and god damned lifting afterward is horrible. Only do it when I have too.

It's a tough situation. 5-9PM at the gym is absolutely nightmarish in most cities because EVERYONE is going after work.

It's really worthwhile if you can just go to bed early so you can wake up early enough to go in the morning.

Somehow I doubt you can't spare 25 minutes in the gym and the time it takes to go to/from a few days a week. If you're so damn tired, maybe your diet is shit. Construction workers live off of processed carbs from what I've seen.

sleep tight porker

I go in the morning.

Its the caffeine keeping you up m8. Caffeine has a very long half life, just ask Scooby.

goodnight pupper

Fuck mate, you just need to man the hell up. I work construction and I make sure I hit the gym every night. Just fuckin go.

You're an absolute madman. How badly does your sleep pattern get fucked up when you decide to go out?

>inb4 you don't go out

Sleep tight porker

get used to it
caffeine
more carbs
dont be a bitch

I work graveyard from 12:30-8:30 and go straight after the gym. Just take some preworkout before you go and try to get in those carbs as well.

The toughest part is actually just getting inside the gym, once I get in my attitude changes and I'm full of energy,

Personally I drink coffee.

Yes, I've heard it time and time again, it's not good to drink coffee later in the day. I don't give a shit, because I'm sure as fuck not getting a workout in when I wake up.

So, once work is done, caffeine up, catnap in the parking lot if need be, and hit the gym.

you gotta sack up m8.

not him, but ever shoveled gravel for 9 hours? you're really not in the mood for anything after the drive home.

Take supplements noob.

I take preworkout and listen to metal and go hard as fuck at 7AM.

Why would you, though? Something like that IS a workout.

I like to think of it the same way when I play some video game I enjoy.
When I first start, I hate it and am on the verge of falling asleep, but when I get into it, I am staying up for hours. No way am I going asleep till I have a one hour cool down of nothing or relaxation.

Just got to do the hardest part, start the workout then it does itself naturally keeping your energy up. If you are yawning during exercise then you ain't doing it hard enough, I'd say.

sleep tight porker

>milfag
>stress out all day about driving giant vehicles around and not damaging them and get yelled at by my boss for stupid shit
>force myself to go to the gym so I don't become a fat fuck and get kicked out
>the base gym is always filled with fat dependants and the lazy admin troops
>drink myself into a coma
>the next day the cycle continues

For gains user

I actually look forward to it because it feels good and relieves stress. Probably helps that I have an office job

Sleep tight porker

Here's what I do
>wake up at 8:30
>shower, go to work
>work
>go home, eat, relax, play vidya, whatever
>around 9:30 or 10PM go to gym
>work off all my energy
>go home, watch a little TV, sleep

I'm the nurse from before. Enlisted LPN. This is a painfully true reality.

Except this one hot dependen milf

Also the old retired military legit scare me. The shit they do is Evil Knievel tier, and most of them are in and out of the hospital anyway with various heart problems and diabetes.

>"Hey Mr so and so, how's that slipped disk going? I see you're exercising...again"
>Mr so and so is good-morning-rowing-with-toe-raises in the Smith machine to failure with a rounded lower back and explosive force
>"Lemme tell ya about Vietnam!"

At least crossfire's popularity in the military means more power cages and platforms

>old retired military

don't even get me started on that shit senpai...
>at the GNC on base to pick up some whey
>stop at Starbucks because cheat day
>enter stage right some crusty old fuck bearing straight towards me
>AY THAR SON, WHERE YA FROM?
>...San Diego, sir
>HOOOOO SHIT, SAN DIEGO? I WAS AT SAN DIEGO IN THE NAVY
>green dot training bullshit kicks in and now I'm obligated to listen to this barnacle boy looking cunt give me his life story
>every time I try and interject he just makes a loud stammering noise and continues to speak louder

I feel your pain user

sleep tight porker

>9-5
Fuck that, go in for 7 and leave around 3. You can easily make it to the gym before the real stupid normie shit comes in.

Yeah I used to work as a roofer and would regularly carry up big rolls of tar sheets and buckets of flashing. Then sitting on a roof for like 8-10 hours in the baking sun/wind and or cold. It was a workout itself.

If you really are working 9-5 then you should have all the time/energy in the world to work out.

You should be posting a thread like this when you are workin 7-6 or 8-7.

Fucking bitch doesnt even know how good he has it.

Depends what you do m8. 11 hour shifts are nothing if you're in an office all day.

I'm interning at a bank for 4 months, wake up at 6am for a 90min commute each way and get home at 7pm..i dont even care about my Veeky Forums gains at this point but my mental gains are slowly dying

I-is that Arnold doing the death grip I see?

>How do my fellow working Veeky Forumsizens find the energy to lift after a long day at work?

Just right after work if its a physical job, or before if its an office job

>work 9 hours a day as an outdoor janitor
>only worker there that isn't in old lady, skeleton, or fat
>always get assigned heavier jobs
>carrying heavy bags of bullshit back and forth in +100°F weather
>winter can't come soon enough
>everyday after work I start to think a lot about suicide
>remember that the dead cannot make gains

Have never gone to the gym after work if I went home right away, so I force myself to go right after work.
Get really upset with myself if I skip a day, so I just don't

This is a good response

This sounds good on paper, but really it depends how you train. I train heavy (3x3 on main lifts) and when I'm not mentally prepared/psyched, it fucks me up physically.

I swear I keep seeing the same poster who thinks everyone else has it easier than him.

You're projecting your own pain by saying others have it easy, without having a single clue what they are doing all day. And furthermore they aren't as retarded as you, to willingly work long shifts at a shitty job. So go cry bitch boi, nobody cares. Just don't try to make us miserable with you.

Isn't that just a normal overhand grip?

Take a nap.

I find it's best to just change into my gym clothes as soon as I get home, don't turn on the computer/tv, don't even sit down. Just change and go. If I sit down for even a minute it is 100x harder to get myself to go to the gym.

I'm only here cause I can't fall asleep
SLEEP TIGHT PORKER

what if he needs to do his hair? Who the fuck wants to be that old guy that uses the shower locker rooms for everything.

sleep tight porker

I work 5-1:30pm

I get home around 2pm, change into my gym clothes, and go right back out the door. I get to the gym around 2:30, and leave around 4-4:30 depending on how busy the gym is. I get home somewhere between 4:30 and 5. I get dinner cooking and jump in the shower. I finally get to sit down and relax around 5-5:30.

You get used to it bro. Just gotta force yourself to not relax after work.

DONT GO HOME AFTER WORK, GO TO THE GYM

Don't be a pussy. You'll get used to it. Just keep a change of clothes and go right to the gym after work. You'll still be in the rhythm. If you wait too long you will get tired.

>work evenings
>go to gym after work around 11pm
>can't take preworkout or I won't be able to sleep when I get home
Just get in there, get it done, and go home.

>wake up at 5:30
>in work by 6:30
>European markets start opening at 7:00
>market goes quiet around 10:30
>go to gym at 10:45
>back to desk by 12:30
>US markets start opening 13:00-14:30
>European markets start closing 16:15
>US markets start closing 19:30
>last US markets close 21:00
>home by 10:00
>5 days a week

Seriously, 9-5 is a joke it's so easy. Man the fuck up.

Use your job money to homegym. I just saved up enough money for a power rack myself.

Aint nothin to it but to do it, faggot

You are at the critical and easily hardest part. You have to change your mindset, you are going to the gym to replenish energy instead of draining it. This is hard as fuck to do when you are exhausted.

You literally just have to live through the zombie hell for 3-4 weeks of exhaustion until you get more fit and notice your energy levels improving. After that it's easy mode.

Also yeah, what this guy said. Going to the gym is like pressing reset on my day. Make sure your routine is hard enough that it doesn't feel easy. Weirdly the harder you push the more refreshed you will feel.

I'm not that dude, but you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

I worked some hard ass manual labor jobs and even just "running" jobs like bar-work and you are just completely fucking destroyed after a 10-12 hour shift.

>needs to do his hair?
I know Veeky Forums is full of homos and Veeky Forumsggots but come on

Hear hear

I wake up at 5am. Work 6 to 230

I actually sleep now for 2 hours when I get home. And normally am asleep by 1130 at night. I'm on holidays though right now

I lift mornings

I can't, so I do it before.

I wake at 3 a.m. to workout. Git gud.

how in the world can you just workout at ~6am with no food intake since the previous night?

it's impossible for me to have any strength whatsoever before at least 1 full meal (e.g. large breakfast).

I take a 2-hour nap and then hit the weights. My work is physically demanding, so I wouldn't be able to put forth maximum effort if I didn't have a little rest.

Not true.

Yeahh when I work out after work I can't get to sleep until it's 3h past the time I should be asleep, and then I wake up 1-2h later feeling like absolute shit and hungry and tired, but can't get back to sleep.

>tfw collegefag

sleep tight porker

sleep tight comfy porker

>coffee
for everyone suggesting this, try just getting a shot of espresso instead. kicks in and wears off faster, perfect for an hour workout.

lmao what. only the caffeine content matters, not what drink it is

I lift before work I get up at 3am in the gym by 4, change by 530 and at work at 630 ready for my 7am shift

> wake at 8
> 9-5 work
> home, relax, eat
> 8-9 hit the gym
> 1 hr later, back home, protein shake, bed
> repeat

trus me, once you've been in the wagecuck game as long as i have, this shit is easy

sleep tight porker

>tfw you work 60 hours a week and still find the time to hit the gym and make gains
being disciplined is what got me to 2/3/4/5

if only i were able to apply that discipline to my career as a barrister

>Get home at around 6 every week day
>If it isn't a Veeky Forums night it's a Veeky Forums night
>Often it's both because reading 1-2 pages during sets helps pass the rest time
Those giants aren't going to kill themselves