How do you "men" feel that have never been on a wrestling team?

How do you "men" feel that have never been on a wrestling team?

I feel heterosexual.

/thread

i feel great. my ears aren't disgusting lumps of mutilated flesh and i don't have a fucked up spine from being slammed into a mat for years

keep telling yourself you're tough though hahahahahahaha

any sport has physical consequences. you are more likely to get a concussion from football than you are to get any injury from wrestling

It looks gay as fuck and I say that as someone who genuinely likes cock. I watched the wrestling at the olympics and had to stop and ask what the fuck was happening when the guy went down to all fours and stuck his ass up in the air.

But being a wrestler is how you know someone is stronk as fuck. I've seen people in real life who wrestle and they're usually the ones who lift the most amount of weight at the gym. And most wrestlers have pretty goal physiques.

I feel the lovely absence of ringworm and herpies

wrestling is top tier man sport

your wrestling 'skills' wouldnt survive an uppercut from me bud

cauliflower ear is easily treated, most dudes keep it as a badge of honor for some stupid reason.

I'm sure those dumbbell curls you do in your mom's basement make you feel tough while you listen to Tyrone railing your sister.

I feel pretty fucking human. You leave humanity behind or something?

>cuck projection
truly pathetic.

keep grabbing sweaty men in singlets and telling yourself you're not a faggot

>be you
>wrestler
>get raped by average BJJ practicer

Righttt

but you're browsing Veeky Forums

>Average BJJ guy
>Wrestling College wrestlers
>Implying the BJJ guy wouldn't get fucked harder then a technicolor haired dyke in a black guys apartment.

Don't worry, we'll see how well you can defend that twinky trap body of yours from this faggot invading your asshole.

I feel heterosexual.

FBPB

Did wrestling for three years.

Training was bretty hard, considering all of the football and track runners dropping it because it kind of was the two combined.

Did I get stronger or better in fighting? Yes. However, if a boxer knows how to keep his distance, you are at a moderate disadvantage.

I rassled a little d1 and rekt a handful of blue belts and the Bjj gym in stand up and scrambies. It's two diff sports the bjj ppl just lay there in my world u just lost.

>
Did I get stronger or better in fighting? Yes. However, if a boxer knows how to keep his distance, you are at a moderate disadvantage.

except history has shown grappling beats pure striking 80-90% of the time

>maximum damage control
Come back when you're over 18 kids.
You still have another few years of growth.

blue belt is like 1-2 years of training. i assume you've had more training than them at that point

you should be wreckng purples browns and some black belts if you were d1 wrestler

My buddy brought me in there. He said literally no one would stand up w me. They start from the knee and pull guard. I'm like week this is silly

I sucked in college also, walk on

My high school didn't have a wrestling team. If it did I would have joined

It's an ok sport if you are undersized. I graduated at 135 pounds, now 205. I was not playin fuckin football at that size. No one ca,e to matches tho it would be just parents lol

When will they learn?

feels alright, i did swim in hs,no regrets

I am a grappler and coach at a very old MMA/BJJ/etc gym.

Our best grappler is a former high level D1 wrestler and fighter in the UFC(beat one of the current UFC champions in wrestling). He doesn't train in a gi and just wrecks almost anyone. I feel like a helpless child when I go against him and I am better than most of the people at our gym.

Most gyms don't teach good stand up grappling. Our gym does due to our coach's history as a grappling and coaching MMA. You also need to be aware that there are a lot of grappling counters to wrestling that you aren't aware of that could catch you off guard. I definitely can't out wrestle a wrestler, but I can out grapple them sometimes.

Anyways, any wrestling sports are top tier IMO. Judo, Sambo, Amateur Wrestling, Catch, BJJ etc.

I was on hs wrestling team, when we took state.

Hated every second of it. Top wrestlers on the team couldnt grapple. Coach couldnt grapple.

In practice i could literally tap 100% of the wrestling team, if they agreed to let me plant my shoulders on the ground to work off my back.

None of them knew how to sub, or escape subs. They literally only know three things
1.takedowns
2.top control
3.flipping a guy on bottom onto his back.

Of those three things only two of them are of use.
And of those two things, they were pretty shit at top control.

After 3rd year wrestling, i quit to do mma grappling full time.

Perhaps my takedown game isnt as crisp as if i had continued wrestling into college, but i have never had much trouble securing a takedown, even in wrestling comps.

>takes judo and sambo seriously
Kek.

What is next, ninjutsu and tae kwon do?

The fact that they have objectively the best bodies is what makes it gayer.

Wrestling thread?

Wrestling thread.

Favorite takedown

Favorite ride (folk style and freestyle)

Favorite throw (folk free and greco)

Ankle pick
Saturday night ride
Hip throw, except i throw mine like an uchi mata had sex with a hip throw, and then their lovechild slammed you to the ground.

That being said, the vast majority of wrestlers cannot grapple

>Wrestling Team

Wrestling is a club you faggot

kek former d1 here i bet i could wipe the floor with everyone at your dojo

Thanks for the response.

This is true. But at the same time that's like saying rugby players aren't good at hand egg or football. Freestyle and greco have hand head fighting and position control but in terms of bjj of course they would lack knowledge in it, it's literally a loss if you pulled guard when the guy tries to take you downeed.

That being said

High crotch (based saitiev)

Fig 4 Leg ride with oppositechnology quarter half and break their neck or pin them.

Arm spin or fireman carry into throw. (You shoot it in and take 2 more knees and throw them head over for 5 pt)

t. Broke 66kg wrestler.

Fucking typos I swear to god.

All my tech came from saitiev or shultz. My coach was his good friend and I've been dq'ed before by choking guys out in the front headlock.

>None of them knew how to sub, or escape subs. wrestling isnt a submission sport? or are you talking about something else

but I did
and it was one of the worst experiences of my life.
but I got tough as nails.

They are great martial arts.

Sambo has been apart of our grappling training since at least 1993. Seems to have worked well for us. I personally rolling kneebar the fuck out of people.

>Single to Double
>didn't like rides
>fireman's

HS wrestler here, did BJJ in uni, my stand up game was >>> theirs (inc. coach I think), but I had trouble once in guard --- although if you're even mildly athletic, you can avoid being submitted I think unless you're facing who's vastly more skilled than you.

>low single
>chicken wing (does that count?)
>lat drop

isn't chicken wing done while standing up?

Chicken wing with the opposite wrist? Or at least shoulder control? Never turned a good guy with just a chocken. Unless you meant double, then goodbye collar bones.

Can be done standing, can be done on your back, can be down on top

As a wrestler, agrees. Wrestling is faggy. But I'm a fag who can fuck up a lot of non fags so idgaf.

>wrestling
Aka gay touch and grab.

As someone who does mma, this.

I started out as a wrestler and my striking is frankly less than awesome, but I beat guys who have more striking capability than me all the damn time.

i'd honestly use it more just to wear the other guy down. if you crank it really hard you can fuck with their shoulder

In England it's called The Ole Jobble and Gobble
as in
>Oy m8 I can't wait for the turny when I can Job and Gobble Henry

t. guy who doesn't train

>Wrestling thread?
yeeee
>Wrestling thread.
yeeee
>Favorite takedown
single to their right
>Favorite ride (folk style and freestyle)
cradle
>Favorite throw (folk free and greco)
gotta be lat drop my man

>fav take down
Good ole double leg lift
>fav ride
Peterson...?
>fav throw
Side suplex

Do you come across many Catch wrestler? The idea of it is very cool and the history is interesting, but outside of Josh Barnett/Erik Paulson, and Gene LeBell/Gokor, maybe a few others, it seems almost none existent in the US (and even some of what is in the US comes by way of Japan). I've heard rarely about Catch seminars being taught by other students of Bill Robinson, though I'm not sure who legit those are. Wade Schalles is the head of some Catch wrestling organization, and he's clearly a good wrestler but I don't know how prominent the old school submission aspects would be, I think he focuses primarily on the scholastic type wrestling more than submission fighting.

I train with a D1 wrestler at my BJJ gym. He's fucking intense.

Can't really agree with this cause he's taught me so much about wrestling and taking the reigns of a fight right off the bat.

I'd probably be kinda shit without him schooling me on basic wrestling.

>Blow Job Jitsu
Not even /asp/ takes you fag seriously.

Straight
Even tho I'm not
Yes I know it's been posted

Glad I do a sport I could discuss with women and not have them smirk at me behind my back.

>Wrestling without chair shots and dives through a table

Get out

>you will never be a high schooler walking up to a wrestling mat with adrenaline rushing through your body
>you will never feel like a complete fucking animal
>you will never be congratulated by Stacies in the team after you beat someone in a wrestling meet
I am strongly considering switching colleges just to go to a shittier college to join a wrestling team.
Its not for everybody, especially not any of you.
Wrestling is a sport with rules much like boxing and bjj. I dont see why its being compared here.

>none of them knew how to grapple, all they know is wrestling
Maybe because they're wrestlers you dumb fuck
>none of the golfers knew how to punch, all they knew was how to swing sticks. I quit golf to join MMA and grappling full time

This thread is now /grappling/ general.

Yah, we're a catch wrestling gym under the same coach as Erik. I love Erik, such a ridiculous goof. He's not coach Josh anymore btw.

We don't have catch wrestling classes, but it's just all integrated into our system of nogi grappling. I really could care less about pins desu.

Yah, so Wade Schalles is involved with Scientific Wrestling run by Jake Shannon. Wade is the head coach since Billy Robinson died. Jake is a fucking weirdo and I'm sure everyone except for the old coaches they bring in suck. All their shit is overpriced and the DVDs have terrible production quality for the most part. The content from the coachs (Billy for example) is really good. Hell, he's paid Paulson and Barnett to do some DVDs.

I don't think I've watched any of the Wade Schalles stuff, so I couldn't tell you.

Anyways, I really like our school's grappling system with the varied background. I'm trying to bring in more of the sport BJJ stuff while keeping our old school stuff alive.

But I was

>in high school wrestling, practicing takedowns with a partner
>he goes to take me down and my foot sticks to the mat (wrestling mats and shoes stick really well to each other)
>slams both of our weight onto my leg which is now crumpled underneath my body in a fucked up position

Blew out tendons and ligaments in my hip and knee, was on crutches for weeks, and that leg has never worked quite right since. Fucking sticky ass shoes and mats.

Sadly i cant train wrestling where I live, all i have available is bjj. Id have lovdd to do catch wrestling or greco roman. Lucky americans.

What the fuck is going on there? Why are they doing the doggy?

>Wrestling is a sport with rules much like boxing and bjj. I dont see why its being compared here.
insecure fags who feel the need to believe their chosen sport also makes them the greatest fighter of all time

Man that shit scares me. That's why I usually jump for leglocks. Also, I like leglocks.

takedown: superduck

favorite ride: jacobson (leg in and crossface)

favorite throw: single overhook and beast them

Someone needs to redpill this faggot
>Wrestling is rolling around on a sweaty mat with another guy in a skimpy suit
> All the Stacies are at the football games watching Chad
>everyone at school knows wrestlers are fags and nobody goes to meets
>They give eachother all kinds of infections and diseases
>They have gay group showers at the end of practice
>Literally the gayest sport out there

I always thought wrestlers were in good shape. I wish I didn't have to work a shit job in high school or unwound have done a lot more sports. Oh well.

Not as gay as bodybuilding

You use this shit board because you're a shit person.

You think lifting weights is going to benefit you but it won't, because you're a piece of shit on the inside.

Your whole fucking life is a lie. Lifting weights for you is like rolling a piece of shit in glitter. You go after women, this glitter covered piece of shit, and they don't want you, because they see the glitter, but underneath you're still just fecal remnants and human garbage.

You never lived a day in your life and you cry at night, clutching your pillow because what you consider a short fat guy is fucking the girl you thought you were going to fuck. But he had more balls and actually does something with those 2 billion miserable fucking seconds you call a life. Or maybe all the foundational lies you built your shit "ego" on are complete fabrications so that you can deal with the fact that you aren't special. You aren't anything.

Go commit a crime. Go to jail. Join the army. Kill somebody. Take drugs. Drink to death's door. Live on the street for a few days. Figure out that you're nothing, like a million generations of worthless life that came before you. Maybe then you'll actually be fucking worth something that somebody gives a shit about. Or keep shit posting on a shit board with shit people. Like a pig. Rolling around in your own shit.

was about to say this.

i wrestled and loved it, but the only approval you can count is from your self, especially after high school (we at least had fans, college has no spectators).
it's also the hardest sport, ie you'll quit if your motivation isnt to work and win

"after wrestling, everything is easy" - dan gable

Have you gotten an erection while wrestling?

This desu

>takedown: Low single to leglock
>favorite ride: knee on neck
>favorite throw: chicken wing harai goshi

I don't think it would be possible, all the blood is going to your muscles, not enough to go to penis muscle.

Idk mate wrestling was pretty hyped in my school and all the Stacies did come. Of course the turnout wasnt as big as football but we still got a lot of attention.
Also football and wrestling seasons are at different times so its not like they had something better to do.

>arm drag
>arm drag
>arm drag

I wish I wrestled, but I just took the summer off between xc and track. I did jui jitsu the other day and it was a ton of fun, I bet i would have liked wrestling. Also, everyone told me at school as a freshman that you had to do gay stuff on the wrestling team, like smack eachothers dicks around. Turned out that wasnt too true. I think.

all the best football players at my school wrestled in the winter

This. A buddy of mine straight got ringworm from wrestling