>2016
>not using straps on deadlifts

Oh user, don't tell me you fell for the "muh grip strength" meme.

If you don't compete in powerlifting you literally have 0 reasons to be concerned about developing grip strength.

>but I want big juicy forearms
Then do 2 sets of wrist curls or some shit. The forearms are a tiny group of muscles compared to everything else the deadlift works. It is simply stupid to limit your deadlift because of your forearms.

>just use chalk
Nigga fuck your chalk.

Other urls found in this thread:

adameve.com/adult-sex-toys/strap-on-sex-toys-c-1019.aspx
youtube.com/watch?v=mWt69LHry8s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm training with the goal of getting a qualifying run on American Ninja Warrior, so yeah, my grip strength is pretty important.

Shhhhh, making this thread won't fix the fact that everyone judges you while you use straps and that you're incredibly insecure about it.

Yeah Pete Rubish seems like an incredibly insecure person m90

If you don't compete in powerlifting, you literally have 0 reasons to deadlift an amount that requires straps.

Not OP

but to anyone reading....

No one fucking cares about your lifts, strap, hell wear a goddam buttplug... No one gives a fuck

Does no one else here rock climb too

>'fuck your chalk'

That's your reasoning for not using chalk? Stupid faggot... probably DYEL

if you don't compete in powerlifting, you have zero reason to deadlift

>not wearing a buttplug
People probably judgevyou behind your back you DYEL

What straps should I buy senpai

Don't use straps. Why take out the biggest factor of being able to do the lift? Might as well have a crane lift your weights for you.

Also
>wrist curls
That's how I knew this was a troll thread.

Have fun with your 2pl8 deadlifts.

adameve.com/adult-sex-toys/strap-on-sex-toys-c-1019.aspx

Here ya go, so you can be sissy fucked by women who are more manly than you. You little faggot.

>implying I cant deadlift over 5 pl8 with mixed grip
hello weakling

I legitimately use the paper towels provided at the gym in order to keep my hands dry during diddly. I fold them into rectangles and line them along my palm during the lift.

Grip strength isn't a problem yet, but my hands are so fucking sweaty when I lift. This is the only solution so far and I definitely don't want straps. I know people think I'm retarded but the practicality cannot be overstated

get liquid chalk. sweaty palms are my problem too, and I hate leaving a fucking mess everywhere with chalk. the liquid version works fine and doesn't leave a mess

plus you don't look like a bitch with gloves/straps/buttplug

>It is simply stupid to limit your deadlift because of your forearms.

My deadlift isn't limited yet? I just hit 4pl8 for a 5rm yesterday and it felt as hard or harder on my back and hams and shot than my grip, I even held the last rep and yelled for a bit

What weight does grip become limiting if you use mixed or hook?

t. slim mcdyel

If you have big hands you won't have problems

>using mix grip instead of straps

lmao say goodbye to your tendon

just using the same logic op is using. saying wrists dont matter is literally the same thing

>wearing a butt plug for lifting
Dude your gay.
Squat plugs = better lifts
Butt plugs = better bottom

Would rather work my way up to 4pl8 with normal grip than have to use straps or hooked grip.
Going fine so far.

>Pete Rubish
We aren't talking about him. We're talking about you cat backing 2pl8 with straps.

my grip isn't an issue, because i never used straps lmao.

i can do 4pl8x8 because i don't train with straps

if i need to, i will use straps... but i haven't needed them so far.

Never at this rate. I too have just reached 405 for 5rm and I have small hands. I only do power cleans with 2 plate which helps my grip, along with pendlay rows.

let me tell you something uneducated fool. listen to me, it's called a hookgrip.

Probably never, unless you're a griplet.

I've pulled 545 with no problem using a mixed grip. I've done a tiny rack pull with 700 and mixed grip without any problem either. Like, my grip wasn't even close to giving out. I wanted to go higher, but I was afraid my rotator cuffs would explode or something. This is without doing any dedicated grip work apart from trying to use double overhand on as many of my warm-up sets as possible. Usually switch to mixed or hook after 4 plate.

>you literally have 0 reasons to be concerned about developing grip strength.

When I shake another mans hand I want them to know that I am the alpha by being able to crush their hand into dust.

>guise please validate my poor grip strength and gimmicky faggotry

nah, stop being a pussy and use chalk

Just use chalk you fucking faggot

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

>Pete Rubish

I used to see him all the time in the weight room when I went to college with him. I'd feel pretty strong with my 2pl8 squats and he came to the rack next to me once and squatted 5pl8 for like 15 or 20 reps. Never have I felt so DYEL in my life. Dude is a fuckin animal

Never thought about doing this. Any downsides, or only pros?

Might as well just wear lifting gloves at that rate. Same thing as padding your palms with paper towel. Only downsides I can see are looking like an idiot and not developing calluses on your hands which may be a positive for some people, but personally I like having rough hands

Sadly my deadlift hasn't progressed so fast that it has surpassed my grip strength. My grip failing has never been an issue unless I'm doing an endurance run (10+ reps a set).

OP is right except
>unless you compete in PL
You typically don't need to train forearms directly unless you're
1. A handlet
Or 2. Have a huge fucking deadlift

grip strength carries over into all parts of your life, so id recommend you work on it. once you can afford to buy something heavy, have fun trying to lift it without women offering to help you as it slowly slips from your grip

I usually use straps as a very last resort, but prior to, I use

>chalk
gives my double overhand a little more help, mostly for high volume sets like didly

>hook grip
Grow a fucking pair and use hook grip, the pain will go away after weeks of doing it, helps with chalk too.

It's when I absolutely cannot move the weight without getting distracted by the grip is when I resort to straps

I remember my first month lifting

Literal autism.
>go to shake anons hand
>I grip his hand firmly
>he uses all of his strength to grip mine
>uhh okay
>decide not to employ him, even though he has remarkable retard strength

Breh

No straps because i want godly grip strength for bjj

> wrist curls for forearms

are you retarded?

ITT: Griplets

it depends where you live/lift honestly
the gym I went to in SD was cool and well insulated and I could eaisly mix grip anything I was capable of lifting.

Here though, the air flow/ventilation or w/e is really really bad, so I get sweaty as fuck, and I struggle to even mix grip my working sets

why go on the internet and tell lies

I want to compete, but even if I didn't then I wouldn't use straps.
I don't like them, I can't set up well using them and I think double overhand + chalk for warm ups and then mixed + chalk for working sets is more than adequate. If you any kind of respectable routine your grip strength should be very good anyway.

If you think that you'll tear a bicep on deadlifts by doing mixed grip then you're either stupid or your form is wank.

what is hook grip
what is alternate grip

Straps is the equipment that allowed me to DL with chronic golfer's elbow so I don't care to be called sissy as long as gains keep coming

>he doesnt use a squat plug for max tension

nvm I'm too tired to read

I use straps because I developed huge imbalances due to deadlifting mixed grip for a year, and because post 4plate my double overhand goes to shit.

As a result, at 4plate, I use straps and keep them on untill I hit a max set (usually 240kg). I believe I could pick up 240 mixed as I have no problem picking up 220 mixed.

For grip, I do heavy shrugs, lat pulldowns but with the straps wrapped around the bar and thus only holding onto the fabric, and every other back movement without straps.

Come at me peasants.

>he needs straps for his LMAO 2 plate deadlift

training with low volume? don't use straps

training with high volume, lots of sets? use straps towards the end

overload work like deadlifts from boxes, or second round of pulling of the day? use straps

doing heavy back work after deadlifts? use straps

hitting singles? don't use straps

didnt lock out on the first rep bitchboi

That literally makes no sense
You need grip strength everyday, what you don't need or have everyday is fucking straps to wrap around everything you lift or grip
What good is a heavy deadlift if you can only do it in the gym

You idiots made me hate everything at the gym. Only been on this board for a couple of months and I already hate everyone using gloves, straps, pussy pads, the smith machine, manlets, lanklets, retards who don't do full range of motion, women and myself

>letting this magnificent opportunity to employ a Veeky Forumsizen slip through your fingers

You show weakness in both your physical and spiritual grip strength.

How do people not care about having legs and calves that look that shitty in comparison to the rest of their body...

It looks so fucking stupid. It looks even more ridiculous when paired with crew socks stretched all the way up.

saw a lad deadlifting 70kg (1.25pl8) with straps the other week lads

It's actually easier for me to position myself and pull without straps. I use chalk and either hook or mixed grip.

>gloves, straps, pussy pads, the smith machine, manlets, lanklets, retards who don't do full range of motion, women and myself
With the exception of the Fedora shit at the end, you should laugh at peacocking retards doing quarter squats in the smith machine with the tampon and gloves on and the like. Those are usually the most obnoxious people in a commercial gym.

>you literally have 0 reasons to be concerned about developing grip strength.
confirmed for virgin
bitches love being choked during sex

>literally have 0 reasons to be concerned about developing grip strength.

Why?

its true m8

youtube.com/watch?v=mWt69LHry8s

thats me and my bro hitting up bench in the back

a lot of cheap chain gyms ban the use of chalk, rightfully so I might say

I train to be strong in a well balanced manner. If you can't hold.on to a weight, you have no reason to be lifting it outside of a competitive manner. If you want to be a world class dead lifter, go ahead and use straps, otherwise you are a bitch.

I use 120lb dumbells for bent over rows, 3x15 each side, and this is after five exercises at heavy weight, and yeah, my grip starts to fail towards the end. But it's getting easier every time.

My grip is ridiculously strong, I couldn't have it any other way. It also helps with wrestling, I can grab someone's wrist and they will never get it back.

I've got high quad insertions just like him. Despite the fact that I squat 3 plate for reps and diddy 5.5 plate, my upper body is much larger in comparison because I have a wide torso, and I'm always at the butt end of "le forgot leg day internet may may"

The socks are because he drags his deadlifts on his shins.

>bar starts at the exact end of the socks
>using them to protect his shins
Ok

fedora tipping faglord detected