Is it even cardio?

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/If-we-exhale-carbon-dioxide-and-inhale-oxygen-why-would-mouth-to-mouth-resuscitation-be-effective-for-a-person-who-is-not-breathing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

what else would it be?

Yes, it's a spinning bike

airdyne >

knee damage and leg pain, makes you faster at spinning legs
literally use,ess for anything but riding a bike

real cardio is running, swimming, wrestling, sprint-rowing (with soem sort of boat, not a fucking row machine) and woodchopping

>muh functional exercises

Wait, are you seriously suggesting that running is easier on the knees and the legs? Are you stupid?

Just use an elliptical

I just don't see how sitting moving your legs in a small circle is cardio

Riding a bike has the lowest impact on joints except for swimming. Unless of course you're too retarded to realize how riding a bike works...

Please define cardio then. You burn a lot more calories while riding a bike then you do during swimming and running. Usually my back hurts after a long tour, but never my legs. Through faulty technique you can get shoulder problems through swimming and running gives you leg and joint pains if you are to havy and have the wrong technique.
Seriously, sometimes I just want to pull over fatties who run and them to stop.

welp, those legs have to apply a big force repeatedly in a long amount of time

untill you ride on the 1-1 gearset of course, then you can do this whole day

It gets your heart pumping you mong. Literally the definition of cardio.

>You burn more calories biking than swimming or running

Fucking what? You can run just as hard as biking, and the minimal energy expenditure for continuous swimming is much higher than that of running or biking

I love mine...

I don't use it as a form of cardio though. Before bed I hope on and read a book for an hour or so.
>has helped my posture greatly (sitting straight up for an hour works wonders)
>hips, knees, and ankles no longer crack
>I pass out within 2 minutes of hitting the pillow because of tired legs and eyes
>gives me an excuse to read every day
>Burns a small amount of calories

My son, this goes against science and reality

>he fucked his knees so hard with the squat meme he can't even ride a bike anymore
top lel

I believe you can calculate the calories per hour yourselves. And since wise? Calculate the speed on the bike against the speed of swimming and running and the elevation gained while rididng a bike.
I mean, you guys have seen cyclists right?

The calories burned per unit time is based on your speed. You can run as hard as you bike. You can swim harder than both

Fristly, you believe garmin, the company that makes those watches doesn't know what they are doing.
Secondly, you need air to burn turn calories into energy and you are not getting as much while swimming.
You just wanna be right user.

>Secondly, you need air to burn turn calories into energy and you are not getting as much while swimming.

What the fuck am I reading

Garmin also made my garbage ass GPS so no, I don't believe them.

More importantly, you can run faster than 12 KPH

MORE importantly, anaerobic respiration exists, and also you don't use even close to the ammount of oxygen you breathe in. You breathe really fast when doing cardio mostly for heat dispersion, which isn't an issue while swimming

Hes brosciencing you hard, but in the end he's wrong.

If you believe cycling, an invention created to transport yourself easier than running, burns more calories than running...you've gone mad with broscience

Making transport easier doesn't mean it's less effective desu
Just faster
And easier on your joints
Not exactly that you have to work less hard to do it

Yeah right, you don't need all that stupid oxygen. Why does the lung volume of people doing cardio go up?
The body is false by breathing faster and upping the lung volume.

The partial pressure of O2 breathed in and out is barely different during cardio. Lung capacity goes up mostly to increase heat dispersion

sounds good. Got a source?

On mobile. If I remember, I'll get something better later

quora.com/If-we-exhale-carbon-dioxide-and-inhale-oxygen-why-would-mouth-to-mouth-resuscitation-be-effective-for-a-person-who-is-not-breathing

This is all good stuff user, but for me I just don't see the value in riding if I'm not going to get anywhere.

That said I like that it works for you. Everyone should read more and stand straighter.

>making eye contact with qt barista is ultimate cardio

Bait thread.

OP knows cycling is cardio. Everyone does.

Yes but I prefer this.

This is fucking great cardio, but it's a lot harder to do right than it looks like at first.

I think he established that he is.

Most people don't raise the seat high enough on bikes and end up wrecking their knees from the torque as they are forced to bend their knees sideways every stroke. This is mainly due to obese people thinking a lower seat is better because it doesn't chafe their ass as much while riding.

If you're non-retarded a stationary bike can be great. Gotta ride with some resistance though. Too many people lazily jump on the bike and barely get any exercise in an hour of """work""".

I don't get off the bike until I've been dripping with sweat and have barely been able to breathe for at least 20-30 mins. That natural high you get afterwards...

have got that bike. good quality for the price.

Can you swim uphill too? Cool story bro.

It's true. Swimming is considered anaerobic.