Should I be doing push ups as fast as I can, or slowly? I can do a lot more if I do it fast

Should I be doing push ups as fast as I can, or slowly? I can do a lot more if I do it fast.

>can no longer tell the difference between lesbians and teenage boys
>has caused problems with my approach

Vivian Chiamulera aka post rock sister

Also thanks, I guess. Do you also know if isometric exercises are useful?

Who is this jizm prizm

you're not allow to post my waifu here

>'my waifu'

Back off?!

How the fuck can you be attracted to someone who drinks Moosehead?

alternate between the two, gotta shock the body, right babe?

You should be Doing bench presses.

Martin shkreli

Don't ever fucking do dips.

If your not a manlet, chances are your posture and form is not 100% perfect.

You run a chance of getting costocondritus.

This is the worst thing that has ever happened to me.

Just stick to bench plz.

she's also a tumblr "feminist" lesbian but my dick doesn't care

Time under tension...

This is bullshit.
If you do an exercise slower than you can with a certain weight, you are training on a non optimal manner.
Does any fucker that says to slow down actually do it while doing a 1RM?? Of course not, thats not how you do a 1rm.
Therefore, you should do exercises with fast motion at least on de eccentric part of the movement.

What an informative post

Veeky Forums is making me go gorillas over these fuckin andros
>n-not going homo i swear

slow is better, try to control the movement
fast push ups are pointless

>1rm
>push-ups
you're retarded, get the fuck out.

Do them as fast as you can without compromising form. The "time under tension" argument is pointless since it might take you 30 seconds to do 30 pushups at a decent speed and 30 seconds to do ~8 pushups at a slow speed, ie time under tension is the same only you've done more work to your muscles if you did them quickly.

Think about if you did 1 rep as slow as possibly could. You could spend 45 seconds on one rep making time under tention 45 seconds, but you'd have done fuck all in terms of breaking down muscle fibres in that time. Meanwhile you could have done 40 pushups with perfect form in that time amd have actually achieved something.

seriously guys stop giving advice if you're this dumb

Is this really a thread about pushup form? How dyel are you people?

fast is good for cardio except its pointless if you going for functional strength, but improves endurance

slow is for functional strength and helps you concentrate on breathing improving, explosiveness and power.