I can't decide between becoming a personal trainer or an EMT. What are the pros and cons of both?

I can't decide between becoming a personal trainer or an EMT. What are the pros and cons of both?

Other urls found in this thread:

theage.com.au/victoria/victorian-paramedics-handed-huge-pay-rise-20160323-gnp7m3.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i just passed my EMT course, one of the cons of being an EMT is seeing horrible shit having babies die on you and dealing with welfare queens and crazies on a regular basis.

One ist a solid job that saves ppls lifes, is highly respected and has a solid future.

The other is a meme job highly depending on whatever are the current spot fitbess and lifestyle trebds

EMT lives a shit life 2bh, and are underpaid and poorly treated in my experience, in my country (Canada)

they both pay like shit so who cares. might as well tend bar

pt
>pros
work at a gym
meet people all the time
>cons
shitty pay average yearly pay is only like $34k usd
you work random hours
the customers may suck as human beings

emt
>pros
learn all sorts of medical stuff
you get to save lives and be a hero
paid better than a pt
>cons
you might have to pickup the helmet with a head in it but no body, and it might be stuck in between a semis rear tires
night shift friday and saturday will probably suck

Why not both?

>work in a gym get free membership
>be Veeky Forums get paid for it
>when a dehydrated fat client falls over you can save their life

Both are fairly shitty. Is getting some kind of qualifications not an option?

This

Some gyms will even pay PTs more for being nationally registered EMTs

It's good to have certified guys in a gym for obvious reasons

If you're going emt you might as well be a paramedic.

They don't make bank but they can live pretty well.

PT
Pros:
>Get paid to look good (Normies are more likely to hire a jacked PT over some skinny fat fag)
>Gyms are full of sexy women. More women = higher chance of getting laid.*
>Great environment.*
>Get to help change peoples lives for the better.
>Can be good pay if you work your ass off and live in a good area.*
>Become a role model for younglings.
>Fresh pussy on the regular

Cons:
>Pretty shit pay depending on your area.* (You might live in a poor neighborhood)
>You have to pay large amounts of "rent" to gyms for the ability to train clients there.
>Same with parks, you have to pay local councils to use them.
>You might have to deal with a few depressed cunt, but you can help change their lives around. Its upto you if thats a pro or con.
>Be careful who you fuck. I know a PT that had to refund all of his clients fees because he fucked her and she got pissy and complained to the PT organisation. $4000.
>Can be kind of pathetic being a PT in your mid 30's if that's all you've done your whole life.

EMT
Pros:
>Saving lives can be tremedously rewarding.

Cons:
>Junkies will try to kill you.
>Niggers will try to kill you.
>Might get HIV from nutjobs wanting to infect someone.

Sorry I cant offer more on EMTs. I don't really GAF about em.

>Free gym membership.

Yeah free after you pay $600 in rent a week. (Ausfailia.)

>highly respected and has a solid future.
Yeahhhhhh. Nahhhh I don't think so. I don't get the feeling they're as respected or treated as well as they should be.

Agree with this user. Aussie here and our paramedics are absolutely disrespected. Don't get why they do it. I suppose they feel guilty for shit they've done in the past and looking for forgiveness.

all they do is cart fatties to the real professionals. no respect needed

>Sorry I cant offer more on EMTs. I don't really GAF about em.
>I hope you never need one . . .

Yeah poorly worded I mean I DGAF about being one. They have a tough job. I respect them and what they do. But not for me. I hear its really average pay around the world.

you have to roid to actually make money as a PT (and of course have good diet).

no ones gonna hire some dyel or fatfuck SS fag when you see tyrone-abol with 17 inch lean arms teaching all the normies paying top dollar how to get "ripped" by doing 10lbs dumbbell curls for 1 hour.

Paramedic is garbage tier, EMT shouldn't even be considered a long term career.

At best you will have mediocre pay with no real path of advancement and heavy competition for any kind of immediate supervisory role and that is your peak. Maybe every other weekend and holiday schedule of your job isn't some bullshit seniority racket.

Good luck getting into something cool like life flight or wilderness rescue because you should have just been an RN instead and again, super heavy competition for those jobs.

You will hate your fucking life carrying the 450lb diabetic plus equipment down 4 flights of stairs every week at 3 am just to destroy your back and knees. Unless you get shot or stabbed by a junkie first. 99.99999999% of your calls are either dead people or idiots who could have driven themselves or by a friend to the ER, if they even needed an ER in the first place. The truly awesome call you might get once or twice in your life isn't going to make up for all the bullshit, you'll just tell yourself it does to rationalize your poor life choices.

All of your coworkers will be insane, alcoholic, or some varying combination of the two because all of you have an absolute disgust for most of humanity. If you like sticking your dick in the crazy, then this is the job for you.

If you go with PT, you will be a joke to most everyone and have no respect as a human being even if you win the lottery and become Matchew Mcchounohey's PT or start your own supplement line.

I just passed my EMT nationals a few weeks ago.

It's good to learn since it's only like a 4 month course, and it's a good way to impress girls. But yeah, they aren't shy with the "eventually you're gonna kill somebody" stuff. Like, they /really/ drill that into your head.

Might be a little biased, but you'd be surprised how little doctors or nurses actually understand about scene-medicine.

I dunno, being an EMT seems like a really rewarding job. You would probably see a fair bit of fucked up things though.

> 99.99999999% of your calls are either dead people or idiots who could have driven themselves or by a friend to the ER, if they even needed an ER in the first place

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Don't be an EMT. It's not a viable career. Aim higher (RN, PA, MD) or aim elsewhere. It's unfortunate but even being a paramedic sucks.

> Aussie here and our paramedics are absolutely disrespected

No they're not? Paramedics are one of the most respected people in the community, right up there with the firemen.

Victorian paramedics just got a really big pay rise as well.

> theage.com.au/victoria/victorian-paramedics-handed-huge-pay-rise-20160323-gnp7m3.html

99.999 is admittedly hyperbolic, but without a doubt the majority of our calls are absolute bullshit.

I was an EMT-B for 2 years, I'm now a firefighter. Going for paramedic as well. I wouldn't trade places with a PT even if I got paid twice as much.

This is the truth

It's probably like...75%

You must live in a small town then.

don't forget the minimum wage as a real pro of seeing all that shit

EMT will be more money but you will have more access to tail as a PT. Choose wisely.

As an EMT turned paramedic, listen to this. Currently finishing RN school after wasting my life for 15 years.

Ahh yes, emptying soiled nappies does seem much better than literally saving lives

Thank you for the insight, user!

Actually he knows pretty well what he's talking about.

You get to fuck all your trainees if you're a personal trainer. I get so much woman pussy it's awesome.

>woman pussy

Hmm...

This.

>literally saving lives.

Riiight.

What? You didn't save any lives during your time as a paramedic?

Uh huh...

Neither. PT isn't even a real job. EMT work is shit, not matter how much you think you'll like it you won't I promise you. Do something better

EMT is a high stress low reward job, very few actually stay long enough for seniority to sent in and earn big bucks as a supervisor. Most who work as EMT usually do it for the sake of med school or higher education.

As a paramedic, your skills are useful in less than 1% of the actual amount of calls you run. So, yes you may stop a person from dying in that moment a handful of times throughout your career, however without the aid of the doctors, nurses, and other Professionals in the hospital that you transport the patient to, the patient will still end up dying, and often does anyway. So the whole saving lives thing is just a myth.

As a nurse, you have a huge variety of Specialties to choose from. Degree programs. Chances to earn over six-figure salaries, all without ever going near a soiled nappy. I mean, if you want to be a floor nurse in a med-surg unit to your entire career that's up to you.

Can confirm welfare Queens, and will also add homeless people and also crazies. The crazies are spooky. Had an aids guy try spitting on me multiple times in an attempt to give me aids, and that fucker called us.

Goes to show how little you know about what RNs do. "Professional diaper changer" is all hilarious and funny until you're the moron who lands himself in ICU for a few weeks.

Bless you user for your restraint and compassion, people like that I would love to help to an early grave.

if you live in santa monica or bev hills or something, I'm sure you could find plenty of work and pay as a PT. otherwise, emt might be better. im not sure what the pay is like as an emt, or what your options are as far as advancing up the latter(as someone who doesn't really know too much about being an emt, it kind of sounds like being a discount doctor), but as far as I know, it's considered more of a career than being a PT.

I would do both if I were you, just do PT on the side.

PT is so much better, especially if you can get into a top tier gym, and they pay you well.

You could be earning 40-50K and be around QTs all the time.

>le doctors are the real heroes circle jerk

They look at patients for five mintes and hit the golf course by three most of the time

trying to be a paramedic here, after 3 years of experience you try out to be a high risk civilian contractor for one of the private defence companies like black water.

No different than the le medics save lives circle jerk.

EMT--> BLS AMBULANCE---> ER TECH @ Hospital--> GET NURSING DEGREE.

really, the only way.

You gotta love the job too, being an emt was not my liking as i found out when i had 51-50's and had to deal with fucking junked up homeless.

but if you get to see some gnarly ass shit.

I've worked EMT and currently working in the training field (NSCA CSCS).

EMT is ok, private trans in NYC pay like 13 starting but the will cap.

PT Pay is better and much more "relaxing" but you need to be a GREAT people person or REALLY know your shit (bachelors and ACSM/NSCA certs)

a background in sports helps

other difference would be to get your foot through the door the requirements for a PT is higher, they want more experience whereas as an EMT you can just volunteer as an EMT and eventually get a job as one.

>but the will cap.
but the pay will cap

this

although working as an ER tech is really shit in a high density area.

fuck working emergency in high density area

I'd do personal trainer. A lot more comfy and might get to bang some milfs

At least medics aren't glorified drug pushers for the pharmaceutical industry

nah you guys just keep junkies alive and fuel the methadone clinics

KEK

If you aren't smart enough to choose then you aren't smart enough to be an emt. Just be a pt dumb ass.

True. We're glorified taxi cabs.

>smart enough to be an EMT.

A semester of what amounts to first aid and CPR.

Are you fucking 13, retarded or both?

EMT!

EMTs in San Diego only make like $11 an hour. Unless your goal is to become a firefighter then avoid this shitty job.

>AIDS guy try spitting on me multiple times in an attempt to give me AIDS.
That STD isn't transmitted from saliva user.

>$600 a week rent

How about you rent within your means, and not try to emulate the baby boomer lifestyle in your early 20's, you financially retarded fuckwit? I live in Newtown, Syd, and I only pay $330 a fortnight in rent.

paramedic in training

I want to deal with crazies

and dead babies don't bug me as much as the screaming parents

His point was this is the caliber of people you deal with, not that he was worried about AIDS.

both pay really low
do something else

also canadian, so the pay is actually great

If I was a medic up there I'd probably not be seeking further education and other employment. Lucky bastard.

who hurt you user?

I have contacts in the helimedics sector too so could even get six figures if I was so inclined

Spent 7 years as flight medic in the US. Pay was still shit. Kek.

The truth.

6 figures in canada + benifits+ pention plan
we treat our public sector guys really well in cuckland

Offer reciprocity for US medics with CCT and flight experience?

no idea, look it up user. you'll prolly have to go though extra training because if I understand it correctly orange medics need to learn way more drugs and surgeries
then an average medic

also in canada cops can do special events or guard stores for like $70 an hour

Sounds about right. Now that I think about it, I recall a coworker who moved up there years back. He said he had a bunch of competencies to pass to get licensed.

I don't know much, but being a paramedic looks like absolute shit fest if you ask me.

At least, Medic bro seemed to have seen some demons in his life time.
1/3

2/3

3/3

MedicBro is truly the hero we don't deserve.

Imagine all that for

Depending where youre at would change the answers....

My town:
EMT starts at 26k/yr which is gargabe here
EMT can basically do nothing here besides paperwork and help paramedic
EMT overall shitty job

Personal trainers here have large opportunities since its a place for snowbirds vacationers and rich people
Trainers here make anywhere from 15/hr up, more if you are your own business
Trainers are in competition though, unless you work for a gym directly

But basically where i live the emergency service is fucked over. Firefighter makes 9.41/hr...

At least he gets to tell these ridiculous medic stories which will leave vietnam vets cringing the fuck out.

>Had to slide the landwhale with butter to the ambulance

These paramedics seem really cool.

No, the big problem is paying $3,000 for courses to become and EMT to make $11.50/hr while being overworked instead of going to school for TWO FUCKING YEARS to walk into nursing making >45k/yr with more benefits and respect, even if you're a man. 4 year degree can boost that even further.

>3,000
wot?
its 850~ in nyc and the cost of living here is the worst

This, the only time being an EMT is respectable is if you work for the fire department. Do the same job at times when concerning being an EMT, but make 5x more money. Also get to work out and be fit for work. Firefighting is literally the most Veeky Forums job I can think of. Great future too, because they often offer amazing retirement packages.

murse here, can confirm that the respect thing is true, despite the "lol you're doing a woman's job xD" thing.
the pay is nice, too. but man, it can be stressful at first. nursing school was a pain in the ass as well. I don't know how EMTs do it though, unless they land a nice ER tech position

Nursing can be great, but it can also suck shit. Incredibly long hours at times, marriage to the job, and if you get stuck in some public hospital like UMC you're going to be a bitter bitch. I won't even go to public hospitals like UMC anymore, I find the tiny private ones that still take my insurance are the best. Larger, independent rooms too. Not to mention the fact that the nurses aren't bitter cunts with a stick up their ass from dealing with druggies and weirdos for 14 hours a day.

Not that I'm saying it's their fault or anything, they just have to deal with too much shit, it isn't worth it.

EMT: helping people who don't want to be helped

Sure you might help some kid and save his life or whatever but 90% of the time you're helping some homeless guy that overdosed and all his friends are trying to tell you he's fine because they don't want to go to prison

Source: was just about finished my course was doing final training runs with real calls for a couple months. Dying old people, dying drug addicts, and homeless people

>put one of the last two daily shoahs
>fast forward to the end to listen to bambalamce stories
go personal trainer brah, you do not want to have to deal with the scum of the fucking earth abusing the shit we all pay in taxes, neets need not bother responding

>the reason I stopped being an EMT

Naw mate
I was a murse for 6 fucking years
the hospitals I've worked for treats nursing like the bottom rung
I can deal with the no respect thing but I can't deal with bad ratios, and having 4-5 ICU patients or 8-10 med surg patients per RN made me go back to school and get dat der PA-C

Sounds like a great majority of you have no idea what its like.

I've been a paramedic for 5 years.

EMT is pure shit. If you are lucky enough to get a job, it will pay borderline minimum wage and you will be worked like a dog.

Paramedic makes it easier to get a job, and the pay is only slightly better. Still pure garbage. I have friends that are dropouts with no college that make more than me.

You will rarely use your full knowledge, abilities, and skills. You will get complacent and jaded. AT LEAST 3/4ths of your calls (usually more) are a waste of time and don't warrant an ambulance ride or an ER visit. Those hardcore traumas are few and far between.

The smells are horrible.

It makes you hate people more.

Working in a hospital isn't much better, in Tue tech position .Shit pay. Cleaning shit. Being overworked by lazy nurses.

Be a nurse. Like the other user, I finally start nursing, soon. It pays more, you have more options to specialize, hours are more flexible, you CAN do more, and you can avoid doing certain duties.

PA is the best. Medics should do that. All the fun. None of the responsibility

Also quit for the same reason and lifting fat asses sucks