youtube.com/watch?v=7Nk4nMCUEV8
youtube.com/watch?v=iaVzjrz-n4Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>tfw dead but you haven't yet realized it

youtube.com/watch?v=pZgxkE-2QAw

Was this kid ok?

>Hello darkness my old friend...

Hell be fine

Fucking curlfag egolifting in the squat rack deserved it desu.

god im so fucking scared of oly lifts but i wanna do them so bad.

Is this the crosfitter who got his spinal cord severed?

DEADLIFTING NOT EVEN ONCE! OH GODDD NOOOOO and I thought the worst case scenario would be getting a stroke.

Kudos for the guy who kept lifting after the tearing

How are bicep tears so common in deadlifting, as opposed to hamstring injuries.

Or even back injuries.

Because there's a lot of fucking retards who pull with their arms.

Yes

Yep. Kevin Ogar.

They often don't treat their arms as hooks, and bend their arms ever so slightly during the lift placing the weight on the bicep. You could even flex your triceps during a deadlift to make sure your arms are straight.

holy fuck you can see the fucking bicep snap and twitch what the fuck man

perfect CAN"T WAKE UP .png

Fuck that makes sense though now that i think about it.

Dude might be a professional curl bro but he cant curl 405. That makes sense. (I understand hes not trying to)

>engaging biceps
If i were to even do this during a deadlift od wonder how the fuck its contributing to the lift

Can you even heal of this type of injury? Seems quite painful. damn

most of them were the left arm, why is that?

I like how the blue guy from the start doesn't realize until someone tells him

How does one prevent that shit?

It's always going to be the supinated arm that goes when you tear a bicep deadlifting and almost everyone supinates their off-hand. Since most people are right handed, that means the vast majority of bicep tears are going to be on the left arm.

Bicep tears from other sources are much more evenly distributed in my experience.

So many during a deadlift, wouldn't think it.

god lord i couldn't make it past 30s

wow really wish I hadn't watched that thanks op

More reason to vary your grip when doing deadlift sets.

lol 100 pound arm snap

his crossfit days are ogar.

what is the consequence of this? surgery?

Usually, yes. That and an odd looking bicep forever afterwards.

>Like 3fps

Piss off with that

Was fitness related. Does it still count?

Pretty much exclusively they are using mixed grip and the bicep on the arm with the palm facing away from their body gets snapped.

Don't mix grip.

They aren't that common. The majority of tears when deadlifting are, in fact, hamstring tears.

But hamstring tears are much more likely to be partial muscle tears, whereas bicep tears tend to be full tears (either the muscle tearing completely or the tendon detaching). One of these is a lot more obvious and debilitating than the other.

I actually know one of the guys in that video haha

2:48

>that guy at 3:26 with that tiny weight

Hamstrings are most likely to tear during squats because that puts strain on them through a long range of motion and may overextend them. It's not common but it does happen.

Back injuries are usually disc related - very difficult to tear a spinal erector without actually cutting it as they don't really contract isotonically (they don't move bones around a joint, they hold bones in place relative to each other.)

What happens with the bicep is the supinated arm often isn't 100% straight as people have said. That's fine at the start of the pull, but if the arm is bent, the bicep is contracted, and will try to maintain that contraction isometrically against the weight being pulled.

Since your other bicep isn't involved, that means that your one supinated arm's bicep is basically trying to hold all the weight of your deadlift in a position analogous to the hardest point in a curl (to illustrate this, grab a heavy bar as you would in a curl and try to hold it like an inch or two from the bottom for 20 seconds.)

Since your deadlift is several times more than your bicep can support in that (or any) position, it snaps like an elastic band.

>not lifting in high heels for maximum gains

I AM NEVER EVER EVER EVER GOING TO USE ALTERNATING GRIP AGAIN.

This is the video of the spinal severeing or no?

im sorry for ur manlet

How fucked are you when it tears?

Autobots roll out!

MEIN BEIN

Should've trained legs, lel

Simple tips on not tearing your fucking biceps:

1) don't do mixed grip deadlifts

2) don't do stupid bicep curls

In short: don't be a retard.

>mixed grip

not even once desu

>why not to preacher curl and mixed grip, the video

Why does this guy always pass out, he's like a drunker version of Jon North

There is an instagram video compilation of him passing out after lifting. It's glorious.

i'm glad i don't do deadlifts

those things make your core/waist thick anyways and makes you look unaesthetic

That can't be healthy...

>3:30
What the fuck? How did that guy tear his bicep from a 5KG curl?

DELET THIS

I'm never using mixed grip agian.

Ur thinking about squats kid, nothing traines your core like diddys

>Zyzz favorite exercise makes you unasthetic

Nah...

I can't stop laughing at this haha

youtube.com/watch?v=7Nk4nMCUEV8
good one m8

What the hell happened to you gif?

post please?

i don't understand what the fuck happened.

maybe smashed his cervical spine

Underrated

youtube.com/watch?v=iaVzjrz-n4Q

God doesn't want him to train legs any more.

Crossfitter tries to do lifts like a real man, never walks again. Still supports crossfit from his wheelchair like a good cultist.

I'm also curious how did that happen.

what was his mistake?

bar bounce off the plates on the ground and fuck his back

top fucking kek

he tried to keep on going because it's a competition

he should have dropped it once it started going over his balance center

Oh shit I laughed

>that guy who didn't even seem to notice

because mixed grip is dumb

>those things make your core/waist thick anyways and makes you look unaesthetic
having a tiny girl waist is only aesthetic if you're trying to look like a fuccboi

top kek

Does mixed grip alone cause bicep tears? I thought that was only because they were slightly curling the bar when pulling up.

His technique was okay, but why the fuck did he just let go of the bar while it's above his head.

it is

He must have did 100 reps or something. He's huge, the only reason he's "struggling" with 10 lbs is that he did a shit load of reps.

Anything can tear. The point is, don't do maxes or low reps or push yourself for that extra last sloppy joe rep. If you're shaking or struggling with a rep, that means your body is pushing itself.

>wakemeup.jpg

Snapped my back deadlifting the other day. I was tired and not focused and forgot to arch my back I guess.

The guy goes straight for the boobs lmao

There is literally no reason to do this. Will it build explosive strength? Sure. Can you get strong without it in a much safer way? Yes.

Clean and jerk is for suicidal ego lifters. I'll pass.

Surely that wouldn't cause life long damage would it? I can see that the bar bounces and hits his back, but it doesn't look that bad?

One of the best pranks ever. Her trying to hold her laughing in kinda gives it away though.

Damn, just noticed that.

did anyone else notice it was always the backward hand in the mixed grip deadlifts? DON'T DO THIS. Also there were a ton of retards lifting way too fucking heavy and they should have known better - know your limits for a given day!

NOOOOOOOOO WHYYYYYYYYY

Im never deadlifting again

Double overhand grip