Is this an accurate portrayal of the ancient greeks?

Is this an accurate portrayal of the ancient greeks?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Athena
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black-figure_pottery
brooklynmuseum.org/opencollection/objects/3790
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memnon_(mythology)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Of AKhaian scum yes

"no"

Have you ever met an ancient Greek? Me neither. You can't say for certain. Maybe some, or most, were of colour.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Athena

Ancient Greece was a black civilization.

They say it's a "reimagining" of the Trojan War. Except most of the rest of the stars are European. There are no asians, meds, pakis, or literally any other minority ethnicity than Sub-Saharan Africans. It's a minority-quote fill for a new show by the BBC. That's it.

Not that I particularly disagree, but when they say they're incredibly diverse and have tons of minority actors in lead roles, and then forget about the ethnic diversity of the planet they live on, it just feels dishonest. They're lazy as fuck. I want to see more asians, middle-easterners, indians, pakistanis, and some other minorities that live in the UK if they want to claim actual diversity. FFS BBC, get your shit together.

Can't wait for their series where Martin Luther King Jr is a WASP

Mary Beard agrees that ancient european civilizations were all black!

>more proof of a BLACKED version of the Iliad is posted on Veeky Forums over a period of time
>"It's fake! Stop fear-mongering, /pol/!"
Well, what now?

>Have you ever met an ancient Greek? Me neither. You can't say for certain. Maybe some, or most, were Hyperborean Nordics.

You're an idiot if you think there were zero blacks in Greece

Exactly. Especially in Troy which is not even a part of Greece.

Who cares? They're going to miss the main point of the Iliad anyway, namely the conflict between Achilles and Agammemnon. That's a worse problem than casting Achilles as black.

The greeks were not black like Africans, have you never seen any of their paintings? They were as dark and black as coal. This actor is far too white to accurately portray a greek person. At best he could pretend to be a nordic, but Greek? No fucking way man.

I'm actually more bothered by the fact that the guy seems to have short(or no) hair. C'mon bro.

That conflict was never resolved so its hardly the main point

It is resolved, and you can see it as such in the funeral games of Patrokles, when Achilles doesn't stand against Agammemnon in the javelin toss; that's very much acknowledging his authority, and his conformance to Greek standards of "heroic" behavior from then on seals it.

And it is entirely the main point. It is literally stated in the first paragraph.

Well It's probably safe to say that the Greeks looked nothing like this either, so who cares I guess.

Ancient Greeks were BLACK not wh*Te.

Do any of you actually watch this shit?

It's not, it's stupid and BBC needs to stop doing this shit already. It's annoying as hell.

that is not a black warrior. That is just the artistic style of that time
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black-figure_pottery

You wuzn't kangz Tyrone

No. I wonder who watches these shows, it's humiliating for everyone.

That is not a greek man
>brooklynmuseum.org/opencollection/objects/3790

Oh please.
Yes I know it must suck being offended by your own lack of glorious past -but feeling the need to steal others culture is just the most embarassing man can do.

So that's an Egyptian Kang?

Their culture is stealing, so in a way, this is their culture

All the women are white, though

>mfw libshits ruin everything with this forced diversity
wtf i love white nationalism now

>that subtle littlefinger in the background of the magna carta video
Cheeky.

>worrying about revisionshit 1000s of years ago

it's like you're little babies.

>iron age blacksmith
>briton/ anglo saxon/ whatever nobleman looks like your typical vikang king
>black guy looks like a literal orc
Based leftists

It’s accidentally red-pilled in that the Greeks are the maurading rapists, while the Trojans are more sympathetic. Breisis being white is all the more powerful

Black Hitler soon

I welcome it, like one welcomes death after a terrible illness

some guy from Nubia

lmao at those "English noblemen" signing the Magna Carta. They literally used Game of thrones characters.

You can almost imagine what the half retarded hipster who animated it looks like. I bet they literally believe England was always a multicultural wonderland

>Illiad described Helen as fair-skinned and basically cherry-blonde
>Dianne Kruger fits this description
>Cast her in the role
>WHITEWASHING RACISTS

Literally what?

A statue of a nubian man

>history says that white countries were for white people
>WELL HISTORY IS RACIST AND WRONG!
>history shows that blacks lived in old white countries
>UH UH ITS MULTICULTURAL SO ITS RIGHT!!!!!!!!

What the fuck, imagine how triggered the Zulu monkeys in South Africa would be if we showed only white people in a documentary about the founding of South Africa.

Niggers should just crawl away somewhere in die, their lack of identity and history leads them to act like perpetually angsty teenagers shitting all over everything.

its accurate in the sense that Achaeans were a bunch of thugs raping a city and then writing raps about it

There were no negro citizens in ancient greece user, the greeks considered italians subhumans you really think they would make an exception for humans that look OBVIOUSLY DIFFERENT from them.

The Greeks called blacks Ethiopians, and they probably met those in Egypt

That doesn't make black or African person ethnically European. Greeks are ethnically European people. Ethiopians are ethnically African people.

There's no such thing as black skinned European. They are Africans or African descendants living in Europe but they are NOT ethnically European or Native-European.

WTF, the BBC is telling our kids that Petyr Baelish was an English nobleman!

Nigga where you think the Greek Dark Ages come from? Fuck outta here!

>ethiopia existed in ancient greek times.

What I never get about this particular type of revision is where did all the black people go?

If there had been black communities in Europe since the Iron Age, where did they go?

Ethiopia is what Greeks called the part of Africa that black peoples lives in. It literally means Burnt Face, so the name of the country comes from the people who came from it; it doesn’t reflect any actual countries that may have been there, only a general region that contained Black peoples. The reason it’s south of Egypt is because that’s the only parts of Black Africa the Greeks could have possibly known

destroyed by racist patriarchal christians i guess
also i don't think they believe blacks formed communities, just that society was heterogeneous

God that whole thing was embarrassing. Especially when Mike Duncan jumped in and tried to use Septimius Severus being North African as proof that there might have been black Romans in Britain. It was so disingenuous and no doubt people like him and Beard knew it but their desire to be good liberals and virtue signal and take down @AltGeekPepe on twitter overrode any and all common sense.

Especially when the Romans called black peoples Ethiops like the Greeks. If an Emperor was Black, they would have almost certainly have been called so, and not just African, which most Romans would have nearly certainly recognized as being North African.

nigga paris deserved to get got, sheeit i wish someone would make a comedy of it with an all black cast. Achiles name could be changed to jordan and he'd get shot through his air jordans, thus changing the famous phrase from achiles heel to jordan's jordans. The priest could be samuel l jackson: "don't trust those motherfuckers with their horse shit" and when the snakes kill him: "aaah get these motherfucking snakes off me." hector would be ice-cube, a reasonable man in an unreasonable world. Helen could be played by beyonce, that woman is my jordan's jordans

OK.
Follow me on this one.

Eygpt was ruled by black kings
Eygpt was also ruled by the Ptoelemys a greek dynasty.

Thus it follows that Greeks are black.

OK.
Follow me on this one.

America was ruled by a black president.
America was also ruled by the King of England.

Thus it follows that the English are black.

How do you explain the dick sizes on sculptures

Ok.
Follow me on this one.

The Dutch ruled south Africa
The Dutch Also controlled mondern day Netherlands, which is primarily white.

This it follows that south Africans are White

I haven't watched it and I'm not gonna but I feel like I should point out that Ethiopians we're among the combatants in the legend of Troy. My guess is they tried to shove a black fellow in a different role, though.

More than half the cast is black

OK.
Follow me on this one.

Vietnam was ruled by French
Vietnam was also ruled by Japanese

Thus it follows that Japanese are French.
wtf I love history now

Ok follow me on this one.

ソニー株式会社は、携帯を 製造するの日本の会社です。
私は、ソニー携帯を持っている。

だから、私は本な日本人だぞ。

>I should point out that Ethiopians we're among the combatants in the legend of Troy
>we're
>WE
Ok do you have any kind of source saying there was a single African in this legend?

Ethopia or Aetheopia is the Greek name for black people and the region south of Nubia/Kush in general

The Iliad was Greek fan-fiction so who cares? Did you get upset when Brad Pitt portrayed an ancient Greek, brainlet?

Honestly, most of it is just ridiculous nonsense. It’s hard to choose.

Both Greeks and Anglos are of Indoeuropean heritage, so it make more sense, like a Chinese person playing another Asian

>A fantasy story about a fictionally portrayed historic event.
>"is this historically accurate?"

Literally an indian taken off the streets of delhi or a Japanese man from his office in Tokyo could play this role and it wouldn't be anymore accurate than a black man.

Stop being triggered by a British interpretation of a homoerotic story about Gods and men trying to beat death

I can't wait for Morgan Freeman in the role of the first Japanese Emperor. It's just a legend after all.

But Greeks do and can have blond hair, red hair and blue and green eyes.

That’s not what OP asked. He asked about the ancient Greeks, not the Iliad. The answer to his question is no.

As for this being coincidental casting, it’s pretty weird that the only non whites were the European men, who are all black. You think there’d be some Asians or Indians, maybe. Also, very few women of color, as in none

>actual ethiopians in the iliad
>lol who cares lets cast blacks as greeks

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memnon_(mythology)

You have to see through race. They're just actors, guys. Don't watch the series if you're that offended.

Oh boy here comes the antiwhite faggot trying to divert attention.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Athena

Bernal and his Black Athena jive-turkey were pretty thoroughly taken to task in minute detail by people with greater expertise in the subjects he dealth with, and came out on the bottom.

For starters, he wasn't a classisist, and his historical linguistics were, at best, wildly imaginitive. It sold a lot of books though, and he probably made some sweet cash on the lecture circuit.

You see, this shit is what happens when you tell blacks for centuries that they have no history and accomplishments, they feel the need to steal that of other cultures.

Of all characters, why would you want to make as your black representation Achilles? The guy whose whole schtick was being a murderous brute that had no control over his emotions.

You're an idiot to think that there MUST have been more than zero (especially during the time of the Trojan war, long before the Hellenistic age of empire), or that any who were there must have been military leaders.

As this is your general implication, you're basically an idiot and/or agenda-driven revisionist.

pic related is Hagia Triada sarcophagus from Crete dated around 1400 bc.

It's not whitey's fault that sub-Saharans left behind no historical accounts.

They did, they were just all in oral tradition instead of writing.

>No. I wonder who watches these shows, it's humiliating for everyone.

NOOBS AND NERDS, THAT'S WHO.

>I don't know why the gods protect you
Because he's the son of a king and an immortal, also because his dad was nearly Zeus.

>Spanimoors
>White
Asalam Alaikum querido hermano Español

Remember that time injuns started to incorporate horses into their creation myths despite the fact that they didn't exist in America before European settlement? That's how reliable oral history is.

>Anglos
>White

God dammit I hate white people (particularly Anglo white people) for this. Why does my race have to be a bunch of liars to themselves and others? Sometimes I consider moving to China or Africa, but the best Europeans are still the best people on earth. *throws cutlery around the room*

>despite the fact that they didn't exist in America before European settlement?
Weren't there horses originally in North America but the natives hunted them to extinction early on?

Besides, it's still something from your own culture.

Those horse fossils are from like the fucking stone age, nothing close to the time period of the existing cultures.

>Brad Pitt
>White

>Memnon is a demi-god, son of Eos (Dawn) and Tithon, son of Laomedon, and therefore the nephew of Priam, king of Troy.
A pure Congolese...

Probably an egyptian and Tan=/=We wuz black man

>In the Prologue of Snorri Sturluson's Prose Edda, Memnon is cited as the father of the Germanic God Thor.

>he thinks the greeks were cumskins

I don't think anyone made that claim. It was more about what they by and large weren't (of Sub-Saharan stock) than what they were (Sediterranean stock), which can vary from dark to light.

Also, I can reproduce a marble bust of Socrates and paint it blue to support the argument that he was Na'vi. You don't own a monopoly on bullshit insinuations.

So these same people wouldn't have a problem if I did a Scandinavian rendition of Yoruba myths?