That guy who eats breakfast before his workout

>that guy who eats breakfast before his workout

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meme
jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1550-2783-10-23
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That guy has more energy and better lifts though.

>acidic reflux during squats

No thanks

>better lifts because you have food

Lol no. You ave better lifts because you're a better body. Eating food before lifting is like eating pasta right before a race.

You should probably get that checked out

You get more acid during food consumption.

All that pressure on your chest and stomach forces that acid up.

You're stupid for eating before exercising, a process designed to burn stored fat.

There's a difference between eating right before lifting and eating awhile before lifting. Fasted training is a meme, but you also shouldn't be finishing half a kilo of chicken breast and a fuckton of rice as you walk into the gym.

>fasted training is a meme

It's literally not, and you're stupid for thinking so.

I make smoothies before I lift. I honestly am not a morning eater

>debating over the most trivial shit
just shut the fuck up with your queer ass superiority bullshit over literally meaningless personal preference nonsense

Found the faggot that eats a 4 course meal before his Crossfit training.

>lifting on an empty stomach
REEEEEEEE

>time to carbo load

>intentionally burning food calories instead of fat calories

Lemme guess, you're a 300lbs powerlifter.

it is a meme whether you like memes or not

No, it's not a meme just because you like memes.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meme
I'm sorry, bro. It's a meme

I bet you think food is digested straight away

Meme is a meme is a meme.

I'm glad you finally understand

It's still not a meme,

I'm looking for the study, but there was one done on a bunch of Muslim guys that did casual lifting during Ramadan that showed their fasting had no impact on their body composition compared to the control group.

There's no benefit to it unless you have some kind of insulin disorder, but even then that's shit to discuss with a doctor, not some retarded autist on 4chinz posting SpongeBob pictures

Yeah, that study also only followed like 4 fucking people on each side.

When fasted, you have to rely more heavily on stored fats for the energy production than when you eat prior. Common understanding thermodynamics says that you're going to use that stored fat.

Do you have the stomache of a toddler? I have to eat before I do ANY exercise

Fats aren't the only source broken down during gluconeogenesis. Again, if it was as neat and tidy as you're making it out to be, we'd have more clear results from that protocol, which we don't.

Still looking for my study. Feel free to post one backing up your point in the meantime

Found it
jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1550-2783-10-23

>Hypertrophic training in a fasted or in a fed state during Ramadan does not affect body mass and body composition of bodybuilders.

>hypertrophic training

Found your problem.

>there's only one type of hypertrophy

>implying it matters

Low intensity is the key takeaway. High intensity no doubt has a better effect

Depends on the goals, m8. But there's nothing to really indicate that the training protocol would have an effect for either intensity level. The only other protocol mentioned by the study was in reference to another study that showed increase in fat oxidation among fasted participants in aerobic activity, however there isn't anything showing an effect of both lifting and cardio being used in conjunction with each other.

>I eat my wheeties before my workout

>squats
>to burn stored fat

i want stupid ppl out

because thats a one month study and they are already trained. just like studies about keto on trained athletes. i would like to see they *make* their way to where they are with fasted training,

Well nigga, i have some breakfast in the morning, i go to gym an hour after that, and i do shit good.
If i don't eat anything at middle workout i feel fucking weak.

Never got acid reflux during exercise? Maybe you're just genetically inferior?

The mental effect of training on a full stomach is immense for me.

>that guy doing a whole workout on the smith machine
srsly... the whole workout... every time.. squat, bench, press, everything

Feels so good

>that guy who's stomach doesn't work and gives him reflux when lifting

The only thing that changes your power output during a workout is how much glycogen you stored. If you haven't done anything to deplete your glycogen stores from your dinner, there is literally no reason why your performance in the gym should be worse just because you're fasted.

Your bloodline is weak and you will not survive the cold of winter

need those calories for sparring doe

I'll have an Up&Go or something light a while before a work out to get myself going again from the long fast called sleep, maybe 45mins-1hour before workout.

After the workout i'll have my actual breakfast.

>That lardass that works out in a lethargic state in a desperate attempt to lose fat

All out of pity, you´ll have to settle for disgust

Wouldn't the fasting make your body start producing more fat from the food then it would normally on a non-fast?

>eating food before exercising is like eating food before exercising

>i would like to see they *make* their way to where they are with fasted training,
There are so many variables factors for beginners that it would be next to pointless to analyze that shit. Everything from adaptation periods, CNS recruitment and form, muscle memory (as it relates to building muscle that was previously there), adjustment of dietary protocols, and even genetics would make it almost impossible to create controlling groups to get reliable results.

Not necessarily. Some studies indicate that fasting improves insulin sensitivity which means the body would be better at partitioning nutrients which should show an increased efficiency of burning of fat during caloric deficit. However the effect of this is overblown unless you have diabetes, are obese with diagnosed insulin resistance, or are on a competitive bodybuilding level of steroid use.

You aren't suposed to lift right after eating, fucktard.