youtube.com/watch?v=EbBHk_zLTmY&list=PLhyKYa0YJ_5Aq7g4bil7bnGi0A8gTsawu
youtube.com/channel/UCMmaBzfCCwZ2KqaBJjkj0fw/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=aP7zbNnrUbo
youtu.be/CBT6EhGAujc
youtu.be/qF8vjpc1oQk
youtube.com/watch?v=46ZXl-V4qwY
youtube.com/watch?v=QXXp1bHd6gI&list=PL5DD220D6A1282057
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You can only reply to this post if you have marathoned the entire History of Rome podcast series on youtube

>History of Rome podcast

I actually just read The Storm Before the Storm by that guy, Gaius Marius ftw, I'll listen to this now

You can only reply to this post if you read Plutarch's Lives

The GOAT podcast

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEb6sGT7oD8EdpWRp7oEgwvyZtFH4dFsC

Playlist for those who are interested

Might watch this, what sort of quality is it? University level?

>The Storm Before the Storm
I'm about 1/3 of the way through and he constantly projects current values on ancients. He doesn't expand on the Gracci as demagogues, but colors them as a "working class hero". The Senate was weary of the Gracci, and undercut them many times to disturb their base.

I don't mean to knock the guy off so much. He's good at breaking things down into major themes. But I find his writing style to be bland; I prefer the narrative styles of the Ancients more. If you seriously want to study Classic history, that book plus others like SPQR by Beard are good primers for people to get into the actual Classic works like Plutarch, Suetonius, and Tacitus. Hell I find reading Gibbon to be more delightful than this bland meatloaf of history people write today.

Its a fairly in-depth review of roman history I'd say.

youtube.com/watch?v=0VP2BxLumM0
Rufus Fears is the best lecturer

youtube.com/watch?v=lHLDMPeYtbs
His Alcibiades lecture is amazing

He's a better storyteller than Ducan

thanks for sharing. this is awesome

No problem. I've been listening to this class too.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZC8JcWVRFp8&list=PL77A337915A76F660

It's pretty good

youtube.com/user/crashcourse
There's not only History there. You can also watch videos on Philosophy, Physics, Astronomy, etc!
Awesomeness galore, user!

Historia Civilis is the shit, I love this channel.

youtube.com/watch?v=EbBHk_zLTmY&list=PLhyKYa0YJ_5Aq7g4bil7bnGi0A8gTsawu
though this is only a part of there channel I
gotta recommend extra history they always got something interesting to talk about

extra history is fine for learning things you're COMPLETELY uninterested in otherwise, their docus are so shallow and selective in what info they put in, once you study the characters and events more closely they drive you mad. They're no strangers to building rather disingenuous narratives.

explain, because they got me into history and have driven me to look for other sources to learn from

BazBattles is max comfy. The production quality is top notch too

I am interested in United Statian religious traditions from its inception until ~1950. Anyone have any recommendations?

>No Jabzy in this thread

Sad!

I watch "musstewissen"to learn about German history while improving my German.

read a book

Feature History and Epic History TV

Any recommendations?

to take that very video you posted as an example they right off the bat make a big mistake saying Carthage owned so much territory in Spain by the start of the first war, when those were conquests by the Barcids as they said themselves, they gloss over Agrigantum and Ecnomus in the first war and don't mention that the eldest Scipio had a hand in the first war too, and the ommissions go on.

youtube.com/channel/UCMmaBzfCCwZ2KqaBJjkj0fw/videos

Kings and Generals: specific battles with context.

e.g. youtube.com/watch?v=aP7zbNnrUbo

kek

Yeah! Crash course history ftw dudes! =D

>No Jabzy 3 minute history
>No Great War

Great War is cool

youtu.be/CBT6EhGAujc
youtu.be/qF8vjpc1oQk

The Oriental Institute and Penn Museum lectures are great

I've already recommended the channel where it's at, haha. Anyway, here's a high five for your cool taste, dude!
*High five*
Watching John Green talk about History with his freaking awesome approach rocks, man ;)

feature history is dead

Extra History is also not really intended for learning, but for entertainment.

what are the best for "history of X in 30 minutes" type of shit?

watched this and it was great but they have little stuff
youtube.com/watch?v=46ZXl-V4qwY

>being so desperate for (You)s that you reply to your own post

thanks

Fantastic course by David Blight about the american civil war and the reconstruction period, given at Yale University.

youtube.com/watch?v=QXXp1bHd6gI&list=PL5DD220D6A1282057

ah i see. i will have to keep that in mind while i watch

Also in the Ned Kelly episode they paint him to be a real life Robin Hood who was loved by the common man, when in reality the majority of people either didn't give a shit about him or openly hated him and wanted bushranging to end. But that doesn't make for a cracking yarn, so they went with the myth

Came to post this. Love the play by play of battles with the maps and formations.

Epic History TV should get more recognition.

They just started a new series on the Suez Crisis

It was really good. I think he will catch on either with this series or the next one

>when in reality the majority of people either didn't give a shit about him or openly hated him and wanted bushranging to end

the common man = irish man

this was going so good but why, WHY not mention Sulla when talking about Marius?

why not detail the punic wars or the Macedonian and Mythriadic wars a little better?

>Baz battles
>Too many medieval european battles that all end with french knights getting cocky and losing

>united statian

Forgotten Weapons. Great stuff if you like old guns.

Any channel with people who actually have an interest in the subject, actual knowledge from immersing themselves in books and not some retard who is literally reading the Wikipedia article (the vast majority of channels). My favourite channel for its style and content is Historia Civilis.

>its a Feature History episode

All except the last episode.....I didn't want it to end

Someone actually converted the podcasts to a Youtube format?

Wait, Crash Course did a video on Ned Kelly? When was this?

If I just say American some snarky fucker will ask "Which America?"