>"I'm not strong enough to do that, sorry"
>Explain to her that you don't have to be strong to spot someone
>"No I dont feel comfortable"
>Tell her I'll give her $5 if she does
>"NO LEAVE ME ALONE OR ILL CALL SECURITY"

why are people so mean, Veeky Forums?

She wanted the D

Because you're ugly

I wasn't hitting on her. I just asked for a spot.

Girls always think guys are hitting on them

She's retarded user, it wasn't your fault.
Is right, women always assume whatever puts them at the centre of attention. They can't conceive that someone may just need to speak to them to achieve a menial task and not to try and fuck them.

Did you stop to think she might want to be left alone to her work out? You had to be told no three times OP my dog stops what he's doing after being told once.

>Tell her I'll give her $5 if she does
This is a troll, isn't it?

I never spotted anyone, actually I'm terrified of doing so, someone explain to me what the fuck does a spotter have to do in case the person needs help? and how do I know he needs it - only if he asks and/or the bar just landed on his throat? educate me, Veeky Forums. I'm not strong, I just started lifting, I wouldn't want to risk someone's life because I can't lift the bar from above him.

Spotting is easy, you'll notice that the guy benching is having difficulties when he can barely push the weight up, that's when you help.

You'll be able to lift the bar because usually they have just about enough strength to "hold" the weight in place but not enough to push it up. That means any weak person can spot.

Besides, the spotter is basically "deadlifting" the weight so he is using his legs + back to lift the weight.

>go to the gym late at night
>my dog died and my grandma is very sick
>doctors aren't sure if she's going to make it
>working out is pretty much the only thing that can release any of the tension and help me sleep at nights
>doing a personal best on the treadmill so far
>a guy comes over and asks me to spot him
>I'm losing my concentration, my form is slipping and I have to lower the pace
>say no, he persists
>by now it's almost impossible to motivate myself to get back to my previous form
>he offers me $5
>LEAVE ME ALONE OR I'LL CALL SECURITY
>he leaves
>I finish up
>cry in the shower

>be cardiobunny
>be running like omgz cardio ftw
>facebook said so lolz
>weeirdoo at gym comes over
>asks me to spot him
>must be retarded
>he doesnt cardio
>god I think to myself "im so much better then lifters"
>keeps talking to me but cant hear him because of my inner dialog withith my own head
>he sys something about 5$
>total creeper wanted me to probably do something gross for 5$
Have fun moving gyms OP

>tfw can't deadlift the bar

>OP should reduce himself to the level of a dog when talking to women
Good idea faggot

If you can't deadlift the bar... user wtf man, are you actually Auschwitz?

It's a meme you dip

Oi lads I've been bamboozled. I need to go the fuck to bed.

Most people, unless they're retarded, wont be doing so much weight over whats possible for them that bar will instantly fall at terminal velocity on their throat. Just pay attention and youll be fine. Let them literally fail or call for you, before helping at all. Nothing worse than grinding hard on a rep then getting help, when you may have got it on your own

I'll always tell my spotter to only step in if I ask. Fucking hate pushing the last rep, albeit at a snail pace, yet you know you'll make it just to have them pick it up.

You made her feel uncomfortable. That's it.

>ugh men are such pigs

I concur with this dude. The chick is a retard. Plenty of retards at the gym. If you want a good spot, don't go at 10 pm when it's a ghost town.