World War I was a thing that happened

>World War I was a thing that happened
>absolutely unprecedented destruction and suffering for no good reason at all
>it happens again only 20 something years later
Jesus Christ, Humanity, what the fuck is wrong with you?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balfour_Declaration
twitter.com/AnonBabble

At least the christmast truce happened

Most people are sad about WW1 over the massive loss of human life, but here I am sad that it brought down the glorious empires and monarchies :(

In all seriousness, the primary cause of the world wars was Germany's relative ineptitude at diplomacy and over-reliance on military solutions to foreign policy problems.

The real stab in the back happened in the 20s and 30s when communists, anarchists, and fascists undermined the peace that the entente had fought to bring to Europe.

Thats because you are a fag.

You think the losers would let it go?
Are you retarded?

>not being sad because it destroyed the constitutional, occidental world order and replaced it with oriental fanaticism and chaos

Honestly we should just make war illegal.

The real reason for WWI was to destroy the Ottoman empire so Rothschild could begin the plans to construct Israel since the turks would rather swallow acidic shit than give anything to jews.

Proof?

>oriental
?

The UN tried that, and like everything else the UN does it failed.

How the fuck would you enforce that?
Have everyone declare war on that one guy who declared war?
Do you want everyone to send over billions of men because shitholistan went to war woth georgia?

don't tell this fucking JEWISH instigator a thing. he logs onto this subforum EVERY SINGLE DAY and attempts to destroy good threads by asking retarded single word questions like "proof?" and "who?" and then he doesn't even stay around in the thread to answer. honestly it's SUBHUMAN SCUM like this FUCK who are ruining /his.

if you outlaw war, only outlaws will have war

>asking for proof of a substantial claim is ludicrous
kys

Before WW1, almost every major world power was European, the sole exception being Japan.

After WW1, and especially after WW2, the Soviet Union and other eastern powers began to challenge the Western European hegemony.

This is unfortunate, because Western Europe is categorically superior at civilization, compared to Eastern Europe and East Asia.

Put your nametag back on you disinfo shill.

Who?

>no good reason
Coward. Glory is its' own reward.

there he goes again. you're a disgrace. honestly i think you should go back to kotaku and stay there.

>the glorious empires and monarchies
they're the cunts that started it all

Then why are you posting on Veeky Forums instead of fighting in the Middle East?

Truely jews are the most racist lunatics on earth, they chimp out if you dont suck their cock constantly meaning mindlessly agree on THEIR VIEW of history.

I have never asked “who” on Veeky Forums before sir
Autism

t. literal cuck

>pretending that this entire thread isn't just you replying to yourself
>implying that i'm not just yet another one of your sockpuppets
true autism right there

>for no good reason at all
Try again just for the lulz.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balfour_Declaration

This shit is so regurgitated asking for proof is like setting the board over again in the middle of a game. Everybody should know this basic tier business.

france sort of learned, cost them their country, dignity, respect etc, but they kept their lives, for the most part, and what more could they do? they were beat.

>they'll never go through a neutral country

for all the disrespect of formal war engagements, germany got treated pretty well as opposition, they always do. just war mongers. mostly dead or fled now.

Glory died in WWI

War is practically illegal anyway, when was the last non african war that involved the trading of territory?

>WWI
>american education

O B S S E S S E D
B originalio
S origamio
S oregano
E
S
S
E
D

Where?

It wasn't unprecedented. Plenty of wars killed similar % shares of the population. Some killed considerably more, such as the Reformation wars, particularly the 30 years war (although the less well known Huguenot war also killed as many as 4 million out of a much smaller population).

Based on both forensic archeology and studies of hunter gatherers, even if you bracket 1914 and 1945 as your end years, Europe then was considerably less violent than early societies where about 25% of adult men die violent deaths.

Early civilization was also likely more violent but this is hard to prove. The Roman Republic lost considerably more men in a day in Cannae that the US lost in total in Vietnam with a much smaller population. Modern warfare has it's own issues but it's not like the push of the pike was tame, pic related.

The sacking of Munster in the European religious wars is arguably a notch or two even more brutal than the Rape of Nanking.

>absolutely unprecedented destruction and suffering for no good reason at all
It would be a light border skirmish by the standards of any historical war. The only thing unprecedented in it is massive population, and, by extension, armies involved.

>wage "war"
>accept enemy's surrender once you finally gain the upper hand instead of just grabbing their hips and fucking them literally to death
>demand 80% of everything they need to live decent lives
>don't even bother occupying them
>local charismatic leader fucks up the unpopular "peace with our enemies" faction and unites everyone to revolt

This was surprising?

World War 1 was a tragedy but I'm always enarmored with its sheer scale, mass of people and governments, and technical achievement.
Also it's so interesting because it's a mix of 19th and 20th century warfare.

>It wasn't unprecedented.
Actually, it was a war that was faught because all sides were to prideful to back down, rather than a "normal" war which is faught for some political gain.

How is something that happened 3 years after the way started proof that it was the intent of the war all along

>Oriental Fanaticism.

Daily reminder Fascism and Communism are homegrown European.

t. Frank Kellogg

germany was a fucking mess after ww1. studying unbiased sources about the interwar period there is fun

IDK, many of the religious wars were, by any measure, at least as autistic. Probably more.

>World War I was a thing that happened

Soyboy writing style

Religions are theocratic dictatorships that want control, WW1 was a bunch of Aristocrats unwilling to loose face.

It was France's fault for wanting to punish the Germans for "starting" the war. Shit pushed the Germans into desperation that lead to the rise of the Nazi Party.

Explain how Germany didn't start World War 1.

>this meme
All of Germany should've been occupied and it's people put to the sword, then they'd have learned

>monarchies
>glorious

Genuinely autistic writing style

>I have no idea how European religious politics worked from 1500-1700 the post

Nobles afraid of losing faith was a huge part of the problem.

Also
>France and USA belligerents
>Nobles

Face not faith

They obviously didn't start it. That was the abomination known as Austria-Hungary.

They can't just blame the war on a country that no longer existed by the war's end. The next most obvious perpetrator of the war was Germany.

Do you get a nickel everytime you say "soyboy?"

Meh, I can mostly agree with that but I think most historians would agree that war between Germany/France and Germany/Russia was basically inevitable. Much like how the U.S. and Soviet Union were destined to be foes. Their geopolitical positions made it so. Germany's biggest mistake was invading Belgium to try and execute the Schlieffen plan that was unnecessary and ultimately a failure. Blame it on Teutonic autism I suppose.

The religious wars of that time were over control of northern/central europe, nobles wernt fighting because obeying the pope would lose status and prestige.

Those were wars of ideas, not of Ego.

he has autism

Someone in another thread said that wwi through the cold war is one conflict, essentially a civil war within the western world. I'm assuming they're in this thread too, could you elaborate on that? It sounds interesting.

cuck faggot

where do people like you come from

>people think it's a coincidence that there hasn't been a world war since Anglo hasn't been a world power

Not humanity. the monarchy and elite banking magnates.
Thats whats wrong and was wrong with the world.
HUmanity hadn othing to do with it.

>Anglo hasn't been a world power
nigger you must be new

>humans live in nature for 99% of history
>since we live in constant threat of starvation, disease, etc we're unable to populate that much
>also we knew that since life is vulnerable we best have actual reasons for killing each other
>suddenly some british autists discover a way to turn steam into produce
>now we have all sorts of technology, weapons, medicines, power structures, empires, boats, bombs, you name it
>believe nature doesn't exist
>believe that we can control the universe with the right ideology and allocation of resources
>get upset when others disagree with us on our arbitrary ideologies
>genocide each other because of it
>come up with all sorts of increasingly-delusional ideas about why these genocides are ok (usually things like "well brown people lived in mud huts so its ok for us to slaughter other white people with mustard to defend our imperial possessions")
>have forgotten that we come from nature and that life isn't about our arbitrary ideas of the world

that about sums it up OP.

he said world war. all the us does is protect capitalist and zionist interest wherever they are told to do. thats about it.

try reading the post, dipshit

>D A M A G E C O N T R O L
>A
>M
>A
>G
>E
>C
>O
>N
>T
>R
>O
>L

which post?

do we require ultimate violence in order to safeguard and bring about ultimate peace?

look at how well nukes worked

>Facism was created by a european
>Communism was created by a european
>People being oppressed and treated as second-class citizens in their own land saw these new forms of governance as an opportunity to gain independence
>HURR DURR THE EAST ARE FANATICS EUROPEENS DINDU NUFFIN BUT GOOD I SEZ

same

I know that feel

It happened thanks to Satan's influence. He was thown down to earth in 1914.

Fuck the empires and monarchies, they brought it upon themselves.
I'm more upset that WWI destroyed them before they could have been peacefully removed or otherwise reformed, and in such a way that ultimately caused the total destruction of European hegemony, fed the rise of Communism, and resulted in the needles deaths of tens of millions of people.

Probably some dyslexic kid writing a letter to Satan instead of Santa.

>the Maxim gun will end war because no one will dare commit troops against a position fortified with them
>dynamite will end war because no one will dare start a conflict when such massive destruction can be unleashed so easily
>the Great War will end war because no one will dare put themselves in a position where it could be repeated

>Humanity
I think you mean g*rmans and *nglos

>Dear Satan,
>Please let my country be liberated from European rule for Christmas this year
>Sincerely,
>Da Phuc