Starting out in college

Hi, I just started uni, so I finally have a gym. I read the sticky and everything, but I would like to hear programs that people recommend. I'm skinny and have never worked out before. I plan on going three times a week. Is starting strength really the best option?

Thanks everyone

SS or SL

Make sure you actually read SS, unlike the majority of Veeky Forums

Yes, max out linear gains across all lifts which should take 8 - 12weeks, then switch to something Candito6Week or Texas Method.

Do SS

but do some damn cardio as well

I reached 1/2/3/4 on SS but I tried running a mile and it was difficult as fuck

To piggy back on the college thread
Can any Veeky Forumslads give pro tips on diet regime?
For example, what do you usually eat?
When calculating TDEE, do I put 3-5 days/week of exercise even though I haven't exercised before? - since we usually lift 3 days a week.

SL with the accessoires that come with it. Godspeed.

Do PPL assuming you only care about aesthetics and dont want to look like a t-rex. I have done PPL since the start and I greatly recommend it, you will look way better than these SS faggots.
SS is a meme

also in case someone says u will be weak as fuck, its simply not true, it all depends on your diet.
Just eat enough and do PPL my friend

>8 - 12weeks
more like 6-8 months

1 bump

SS plus upper body accessories like curls, skullcrushers, dumbell flies

Under no circumstances should you do any sort of split until you have used up your linear progression and gotten strong. People that say you'll look like shit are retarded and didn't read the actual book.

Put 3 days if that's what you're gonna be doing, keeping in mind that you'll get fat if you assume 3 days and don't go. Get your proteins in, learn to cook (it will help you get laid just as much as aesthetics). Everybody has a preferred cutting regimen. I like intermittent fasting, and the rest of the time I just eat everything and keep it semi-clean.

What are some good cheap foods for someone living in a dorm?
My plan was oatmeal w/bananas, protein shake, chicken/beans/rice/broccoli, stirfry maybe but I don't know how to stirfry yet.
I have access to a general community kitchen.

>implying my crush is a degenerate that uses Facebook or Twitter
>implying my crush would tweet something like that even if she had twitter
Lmao your crush is a whore

>he tried stalking his crush
>couldn't find her social media
>"she's pure guize"

More like she preemptively blocked your ass because you're a creeper

t. butthurt beta orbiter

>Nothing makes you look more intelligent than when you're with a group of friends and you start pointing to the stars saying "Ursa Major sure looks big tonight."

This is autistic as fuck.

The rest is mostly decent advice, though.

if you max out your linear gains in 8-12 wks, you have shit genes or you don't eat.

peanut butter, rice, eggs, ramen. you can mix eggs and ramen together. 2 packs of ramen and a dozen eggs is a good meal. lentils are also good for protein

dude what's your height and weight? How are we supposed to recommend what you're supposed to eat if we don't know if you're skinny, fit, or a fat ass?

==Monday + Friday==
Squat 3 sets x 5 reps
Bench 3 sets x 5 reps
Barbell Rows 3 sets x 5 reps
==Wednesday==
Squats 3 sets x 5 reps
Bench 3 sets x 5 reps
Dead Lift 1 set x 5 reps

*Start squats at 75lbs. Start bench/ rows at 45lbs. Start dead at 135 lbs.

**Add 10 pounds to squat/ dead after each week. Add 5 lbs to bench/ rows after each week.

Should be able to do this program for about 3 months or until you stall on most lifts, then switch to intermediate program.

If you execute a linear progression FLAWLESSLY you might finish in between 12 and 16 weeks (3-4 months.)

Almost nobody here is going to achieve that though because they get their advice from a Ukrainian pineapple farming board.

Feel free to replace Dead Lifts with sumo dead lifts if that's easier for you. Also I prefer Blaha style rows over pendlay rows or any other variation.

Ignore this retard and read Starting Strength, and follow the method described therein for determining your starting weight on each lift.

Also, don't skip power cleans. They're much more useful than rows are for literally anything, and there's a reason that most serious strength and conditioning programs involve them.

>Also I prefer Blaha style rows over pendlay rows or any other variation.
lol

bump

>tfw never looked at the stars before
tried the ramen thing in the microwave
can barely hit up the ramen let alone add eggs
but I guess that's why I'll go to the kitchen
my calorie intake is supposed to be 3000 cals

Phew been doing ss for like 7 weeks and i was worried for a sec i was aboutta stop gainin