Do deadlifts with heavy dumbells make any sense?

do deadlifts with heavy dumbells make any sense?

Not really tbqh

No.

Firstly, they hardly make them heavy enough unless you're a complete dyel

Secondly, it isn't a true deadlift because the dumbell position will be different and alter the lift. You'll get less posterior chain activation.
If you want a true deadlift you cannot replicate it with dumbbells

They do if you drop a baby and need to pick it up

It will hit your grip and traps hard but you're not going to be able to lift enough to work your lower body much.

my gym has dumbbells up to 120 lbs.

my max barbell dl is 455.

not gonna happen.

if you want to use dumbbells do farmers carries or suitcase carries instead.

No. They will shift back further than a barbell possibly can, removing the benefit to the posterior chain that barbell deadlifts provide.

Only if you are brand new 2bh
Also once dumbells get over 50k they get too big and get in the way of form

no

Maybe if you did one of these deadlifts? Just a thought, I don't know anything about them. Never really cared to research them or anything

You could do single leg RDLs with dumbbells, but those are better with a barbell.

Stiff leg dumbbell deadlifts are great.
Gym has db's that go up to 60kgs / 132lbs.
They really target my hamstrings/glutes and work your grip well.

Nah, man grip will be the limiting factor. 50 kgs per hand is heavy as fuck for grip. For newcomers

ignore the fat SS trolls in the thread. for hypertrophy purposes even 2 30kg dumbbells will do the trick with enough volume (eg 4x12).
its just they wont admit there's no point doing sets of 3-5 reps if you dont care about max strength and they'll answer with their 1 rep max (which is almost useless gains wise) trying to claim lower weights would be useless.

trips confirm SS is a meme for fat trolls

Can confirm that these hit the hammies and glutes hard. Back muscles dont get worked as much though. I've been doing this since I injured my back.

This is gospel. Dumbbell deadlifts are actually a much more difficult exercise than the conventional deadlift and work stabiliser muscles a lot better.

I think your estimate on grip strength is a little low...
Walmart has 120 pound dumbells. That price though...

What kind of shitty gyms do you guys have in the US?

In my gym we have up to 80 kg dumbells (about 160 lbs)

>I want to crush my balls between two hunks of iron when I inevitably pull these baby weight dumbbells up too quickly

>I decided that my physique was more important than my safety, so I taught myself how to do heavy lifting instead of working with any form of supervisor.

>when I inevitably pull these baby weight dumbbells up too quickly
that means you're weak so your muscles cant perform the movement slowly so they have to jerk the weight up to cheat. start lifting bro.