What's the point of getting fit, if you're a failure in every other aspect of life? Which let's be honest...

What's the point of getting fit, if you're a failure in every other aspect of life? Which let's be honest, the majority of people on this board are.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kn6-c223DUU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

2/10

Here's a noice wallpaper for any smartphone, so the thread is not 100% pointless.

One less thing to be a failure? Baby steps user.

This is now a wallpaper thread

/thread

I was thinking about it yesterday night at the disco, I mean, I was surrounded by friends and girls but I just felt so alone, I just can't click with people and end up having to pretend I hav emotions about them, just because I know being lonely is much worse than being a liar

Is it because I just want to fuck and can't see women as companions? Is it because I feel much smarter than my peers and can't see them as my equals, even if they are just as smart, if not smarter as me? The cause of my sorrow is probably my shit character

This.

My next goal is to make more money but so far no success

because being a fit and healthy failure beats being a fat and unhealthy failure.

Thanks I actually needed one. 10/10 thread now

You're not gonna make it bro

>My next goal is to make more money

Consider that you'd be better off lowering your overhead.

Self esteem.
A lack of self esteem is a huge factor in all aspects of life. Sometimes all it takes is a little fat loss or muscle gain to make you find some motivation or something

>implying this isn't better

This homeless Filipino boy, 9 yo, is doing his homework using the lights of a McDonald. When interviewed, he told he wanted one day to become a cop, "or a doctor maybe".
A fucking cop.
He's busting his ass doing his fucking homework on a fucking table in the middle of a slum.
His father died in prison. His home burnt down when he was 4. He literally lives on a street.
Her mother earns less than ~$2 a day.

Next time you wonder if it's the case to open a thread about how useless are your efforts in some sectors of your life, ask yourself what would Daniel Cabrera say, you special snowflake in charge of pursuing a perennial perfect murrican dream.

For a mere 4-5 hours per week of lifting, you get:
>A great physique
>Better health
>Increased energy
>More confidence
>A prolonged life
>Bitches mirin
>Great laughs from having manlets and other insecure dyels trying to start shit

For real tho, lifting is the BEST deal you can make in your life. You'd have to be retarded not to take it, no matter how shitty your life is.

What's the point of living, when you (OP) can't even be succesful at lifting, and then can only shitpost to try to demotivate everyone else? Really, just kill yourself.

It's much easier being a fuckup in a fucked up country than to be fucked up in a proper country

>What's the point of getting fit, if you're a failure in every other aspect of life?
that would be:
getting fit.

next question please

time to myself makes me happy even if I have nothing else. just sitting and thinking is nice.

>muh first world problem
shut the fuck up, faggot

hey grandma when did you get facebook?

Not an argument

Why would you not choose ninja gfs, holy shit.

there never was an argument to begin with
only lame crybabbies

>you're a failure in every other aspect of life

Why are you a failure? When did you decide to quit? Failure only happens when you decide to make it the continuing situation.

8 years ago probably? something along those lines

So X happened 8 years ago and you just quit? That's it? Nothing more nothing less.

It's better than being fat AND a failure like you, user

I hope you feel ashamed of having typed that sentiment

Agree with OP tbqh

Nothing happened. I just realized there's nothing I want in life. Around 8 years ago after first year of college is when it finally sunk in that there won't be some revelation that's going to give me a goal, motivation or ambition. Before that I was still waiting for it to happen any day.

DAD BEANS

would be wise of you to end your life.

well, commit sudoku already my friend or move to

yeah it's just that it's pretty difficult to get a gun here and I'm afraid I'd just fuck it up and have to endure life as a vegetable or in a wheelchair or something. at least this way I can lift and read books

No, you're a fucking pussy and you're begging for attention. already

>2016

Thinks he needs a gun to off himself

Top kek moron

I answered a question someone else asked, hardly begging for attention tbqh

>Around 8 years ago after first year of college is when it finally sunk in that there won't be some revelation that's going to give me a goal

so you failed your first year of college, and decided life was over? You kept expecting an external force to motivate you or set a bar for you to reach. No wonder you are a failure you are expecting someone else to do things for you.

>at least this way I can lift and read books

>I have no goals
>I do X and Y

Look if you just want a pity party where we all tell you the way you are acting is perfectly acceptable try

>i can't find a reason to live
>i am afraid of sudoku
dunno user, you sound like a pussy

> not being your own judge of success/failure

NEVER GONNA MAKE IT

Just saying, this picture is pretty accurate, if you can HONESTLY place yourself on it.

I didn't fail, I completed everything on schedule and eventually graduated.
>You kept expecting an external force to motivate you
No, I kept waiting for myself to get excited about anything. Something to aim for, a goal to reach more than just survival. I kept my eyes open and read about different professions, visited seminars and shit, talked to different people, kept reading the job ads for anything that would stand out and sound interesting. Nothing ever did.
I breathe and shit too, does that mean I have goals? Obviously I have a natural instinct for survival, that's why I eat too. Do you count survival as a goal? Then ok that's been my main goal since I was a teenager. If you weren't a teen yourself you'd understand that I'm not looking for pity or acceptance from some internet stanger, I answered a question because somebody seemed interested and I had the insight he was looking for. I probably lift more than you faggot so I'll stay right here on Veeky Forums while you can fuck off back to red dit if you think depression is reserved for r9k.
You're probably right but it's more the fact that I'm comfortable. My life isn't suffering despite being pointless and repetetive with no ambition or anything to look forward to.

Lifting is not a magical cure-all for being a loser.

It's good that you recognize that, but what are you going to do to change that.

that pic lacks a lethargic goat who just doesn't care enough to change things. all the ones on the bottom are portrayed as arrogant or aggressive

>anything that would stand out and sound interesting. Nothing ever did.
Hmm sounds like textbook depression

>can fuck off back to red dit if you think depression is reserved for r9k.

Ah good, we already know whats happening,

Now, how hard would it have been to simply say "Im a depressed individual, how can I change my current situation?"

>Do you count survival as a goal

So, would you like to learn more about how to change your current situation or do you just want to talk about not having any ambition beyond survival and lifting?

>that pic lacks a lethargic goat who just doesn't care enough to change things

>lolno u go to reddit XD
>having interest is the same as shitting or breathing or eating
this is a fitness board, not your personal livejournal, and I still think you should fuck off to /r9k/ or shut the fuck up about your worthless life tbqh
your reply has been received and archived
no, this reply doesn't warrant a counter-reply

man i miss those threads

>I'll stay right here on Veeky Forums while you can fuck off back to red dit if you think depression is reserved for r9k.

You are correct, depression isn't just for r9k, but simply talking about it and not wanting to get over it or overcome it IS for r9k.

I'm not gonna take a pill to make me feel happy. I'd rather stay depressed and know that what I'm feeling are my true emotions. Messing with your brain chemistry to feel more "happy" than you naturally would is fucked up. I have plenty of good reasons to be depressed in the current state of the world, why would I mask that in some haze created by a pill just to "feel happy"? Why would I not want to keep a clear head and trust my brain when it tells me how to feel based on what I see and how that gets processed? Is happiness really worth sacrificing that?
(you)
r9k blames others while not accepting responsibility. I don't do that.
good point

:) not a failure in life

Just a fat fuck for now

"Well at least i have my health."

It's the last bastion of an otherwise weary life

>I have plenty of good reasons to be depressed in the current state of the world

I love dick measuring contests too

>I'd rather be super sad and a loser than take pills "to be fake happy!"

You're right, that is what therapy is for.

>Why would I not want to keep a clear head and trust my brain when it tells me how to feel based on what I see and how that gets processed?

I know someone who is genuinely schizophrenic, he believed that people on TV were talking to him directly and telling him to harm himself, got even better when he would get phone calls from Satan. If he didn't "alter his brain chemistry" he would still be like that and be back in jail, homeless, dead, or somewhere in between.

Getting your shit together enough to work out consistently for a year will carry over into the rest of your life's activities. This is especially true if you're a fatass getting fit wen you realize the only thing that was holding you back was you.

The amount of /r9k/ on Veeky Forums now a days is embarrassing.

cont.Let's just BS for a second here, you are very depressed, see no real goals in your future, life sucks in general. But you won't kill yourself because you want to survive, can't take pills cus that is "fucking up your world"

mkay, so what is the WORST thing that could happen if you take pills? You kill yourself? You were headed there anyway.

>hurrr but isn't real joy!

Yeah blazing dope until you don't care anymore isn't real joy either, but prescription medication and professional medical attention can get you to the point where you CAN see things clearly enough to become better than you are now, and then you can figure life out and move on from the shithole you are currently in.

>I love dick measuring contests too
I think you misunderstood. We both probably live on the same planet and around somewhat similiar cultures. I had a very comfortable upbringing and haven't experienced any exceptional hardships out of the ordinary.
>You're right, that is what therapy is for.
Do you know what therapy for depression without medication is? It's basically "find something you like doing and do that :)". Not especially helpful when that's the source for the problem in the first place. There's also "be social :)" and "be yourself :)" neither of which I ever struggled with in the first place.
>Comparing depression to schizophrenia
Depressive realism is a pretty popular theory despite the (mostly emotional) arguments against it. Nobody would ever argue schizophrenic realism. Just because both are listed under mental illnesses doesn't really make them comparable.

>so what is the WORST thing that could happen if you take pills? You kill yourself? You were headed there anyway.
Killing myself wouldn't be as bad as continuing to live in a state where I don't know what is my true emotion and what is the drugs trying to fool me. That's the worst case scenario which happens to also be the primary function of the drugs.
>blazing dope until you don't care anymore isn't real joy either
At least while high you realize you're high and you're supposed to come down after an hour or two. It's not supposed to replace reality, it's just a temporary buzz. Not that I smoke weed either, I don't use drugs or alcohol (or tobacco) because they only make matters worse.

let's just get right to the point here camp, so either you can fuck off to r9k or stay here.

>hurr depressive realism is the best
I was like that too, it is true, I will not deny it. I was born to die, we all are. Someday my gains will fade, my loves will either die or leave me, my body will become too weak to even exert physical movement. I will like like many before me have, drowning in my own chest fluids while instinct and adrenaline fight or just one. more. breath.

>Nobody would ever argue schizophrenic realism
That's not the the point, the point is is that that is what he perceived, naturally, without "fucking with his brain chemistry" to be REAL.

>Hurr therapy dosent work,
K champ, glad you tried it once and formed a solid unchanging opinion on it.

>I had a very comfortable upbringing and haven't experienced any exceptional hardships out of the ordinary.

Yes, such is life, but there is nothing wrong with admitting that your life has effected you in ways different to someone else in the same situation.

>Killing myself wouldn't be as bad as continuing to live in a state where I don't know what is my true emotion and what is the drugs trying to fool me.

IT isn't "fooling you" if you are correcting a chemical unbalance that the vast majority of the human population does NOT have.

Im going to share with you a horrible fact, that as a depressed person you can dwell on. Many of us have experienced what you are experiencing. How or why isn't important. Many of us have "been lost, then found". Many of us have pushed beyond surviving to thriving. To reach a level once considered beyond imagination. To "make it brah". But none of us got there without WANTING to improve ourselves. Yeah i know it is fucked up, I didn't want to take pills like some faggot either. Therapy is for angsty emo kids and all they ever do is just tell you things you already know.

So let's make this simple. You know we have been were you are, and you know we have become better and even some of us might even been self-actualized. Now, do you WANT to be better? knowing you might fail, might fail a lot, but you won't quite on becoming the best person you can be, or would you rather be the way you are?

we can offer you the best advice and motivation possible, we can share you stories of tribulation and failure, but we can NOT help someone who is unwilling to change themselves.

Gonna tell you my story, I'm not the guy who was replying to you btw

I was like you back when I was 17, unreasonably depressed with life. Sure, I had some shit stuff going on in my life but it was nothing compared to what it could have been.
After a failed suicide attempt, I decided that I needed to go to a counsellor. Just one of the ones at school. It was nothing like I'd thought it would be and I felt stupid for thinking it would be anything textbook.
He helped, but about 8 months later, I tried to kill myself again, and almost succeeded. But this time it wasn't because I was sad, it was because I was contempt in what I had done with my life up until that point
Got brought to the doctors, who said something life changing to me. "Humans weren't designed to kill themselves, it's bad for survival". And that really stuck with me for a while
I then got put on antidepressants. Let me tell you right now. That was the worst shit of all time. Holy fuck. First two weeks you don't feel too much different, maybe a little less focus. And then you become a zombie. No happy feelings, no sad feelings, no excitement, no grief, nothing.
After about 4 months of an upped fluoxetine dose, I took myself off them. Finally started to feel again. Had bouts of depression, usually 2-3 weeks at a time from then on.

5 months ago I took shrooms with my mate in a forest. Haven't touched shrooms since, haven't been depressed since. Gave me a clean slate on how to see the world

I hope you read this and I hope that there's some parts in there that help you. No one needs to be depressed, and I agree, the drugs are shit. But therapy was a big help as well. It ain't what you think it'll be if you find a good one

Normies envy our bodies bro.

>What's the point of getting fit, if you're a failure in every other aspect of life? Which let's be honest, the majority of people on this board are.

better a fit loser than a fat one

it's about learning to control one aspect of your life in the hope you will then be able to learn to control other aspects of your life

>Is it because I feel much smarter than my peers and can't see them as my equals, even if they are just as smart, if not smarter as me?

if you are really doing that you should get therapy, honest

don't become a narcissist

The hardest weight I had to lift in my life was walking into an emergency room at 2am. Sitting in an exam room head in my knees and when the nurse asked "do you want to end your life" I nodded "yes".

No one here is going to be angry or upset with you if you lift weight and seek help.

But if you don't want to there is always

>What's the point of being good at something if you're not good at other things?

>But none of us got there without WANTING to improve ourselves
I know that. That's the whole point where we started from. The total lack of ambition or goals.

I prefer to feel good and healthy, that's why I've managed to keep working out all these years. It's true I WANTED it. The way I see it I'll stay alive for some time longer so I prefer doing it in good health. That's pretty much the only thing I ever wanted and even that is barely an extension to survival. Raising social status? Couldn't care less. Kids? No. Legacy? Meme tier. Doing something enjoyable for a living? I'd WANT this but I never figured out what so it's too vague to give motivation. I'd need to know what I WANT before I can WANT it.

You're entirely right in that a person has to WANT change before it happens but that's hardly a revelation when that's where we started from originally. There's nothing I WANT. That's my problem, not that I don't know what to do to reach it.
>It ain't what you think it'll be if you find a good one
I'm sure it can be helpful IF you find a good one. My situation is quite different from yours though. I never tried suicide, I was never acting uncontrollably and shortsightedly. I just slowly became more and more passive and accepting. When I was 17 myself I was still optimistic that I was going to be a great ______ and life a cool life doing _______. What I was going to become great at was just a minor detail I needed to figure out. Never did figure it out. Slowly it turned into "pay rent and avoid trouble".

I know this feel way too much.

maybe he's just smarter than his peers?

>I'd need to know what I WANT before I can WANT it.

You need to be able to see things clearly before you can know what you want.

>There's nothing I WANT. That's my problem, not that I don't know what to do to reach it

Well, it has been fun trying to help you. Sorry I couldn't. I hope you enjoy having a lot in common with the faggots on r9k. Don't worry you can stay here too. But most of us here are working on becoming self actualized. You can have fun surviving though right? Pro tip, a part of that is finding something to do for a living that is also enjoyable. But you don't want to do that, you truly don't. otherwise you would do whatever it takes to find that, which includes all possible options, like medical attention.

I'll leave you with this, I used to listen to it a lot. I'd get wasted drunk/high on this one cliff near my city and watch airplanes fly in and out of the airport. There were quite a few times I almost fell over and would have surely died, at the time I didn't care though. Like you I *wanted* a lot of things. To find meaning in life. To be happy. To not be fucked up. I "wished" a lot of things.

Maybe things have to get a lot worse for you before you start to consider ever possible option. Have fun champ, I hope someday you can remember this time in your life and think "god that was fucked up, how did I let myself be like that... for so long"

youtube.com/watch?v=kn6-c223DUU

he said he was not and knew it

Narcissism helped me out 2bh

Yeah, i guess killing one's self is the only rational response to not being perfect in every aspect.

being a true narcissist is not a good thing, it's ok to have some traits here and there but if you really are a narcissist as a dominate personality trait it's will come back to bite you at some point

Dad beans holy sht LOL

Can you give dad beans to someone else?

Like to the unemployment office?