Can we talk about the French Press?

Can we talk about the French Press?
Do you like it?
What's your weight and rep range?
Where do you put it in your routine?
Controversial question: lying, seated or standing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-rh3MHnRI_I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bump

I prefer espresso. I drink it every day as part of my morning routine while sitting down.

i do them lying down after benching or pressing as triceps assistance. usually 5 sets of 10 to 12 reps

Really hits the triceps unlike bench and the press

A good French press is gr3at way to start the morning. The ritual of it is quite soothing.

I prefer light weight high reps. It's an accessory and I just do it to get a pump

Le epic coffee meme huehue

Better known as skullcrusher.

Sucks to do it with straight bar cuz my elbows start to hurt unless I do low weight.

>doesnt enjoy extra gains from pushing the french press down
>never making it

I prefer to do it lying on my stomach.

Are you supposed to go all the way down below/behind your head like that? I usually just go down to my forehead

The way he's doing it in the gif looks a bit unnatural to me

this is the way I've always seen it done as well.
I also don't have a bench at home so can only go so far on the floor. Though I also use dumbbells because I don't have a bar, so you probably shouldn't listen to me.

not a skullcrusher you dyel, you bring it down behind ur head as opposed to scullcrushers which you only bring towards your face

youtube.com/watch?v=-rh3MHnRI_I

Yes you are, because the triceps works on shoulder extension too, which is what the lower part is all about.

I used to like them until my elbow started hurting really bad whenever I did them so until I get a compression sleeve, I can't do them.

Thanks! I could listen to him for hours :3

AeroPress>French Press

Ez-bar or straight bar?

Last bump
I guess only 5% of Veeky Forums is lifting, the rest posts in feel-threads
>muh wet dreams
>muh waifu

I thought french presses were done standing.

No you lay a towel down and walk away