Why did this country, and the people that make it up...

Why did this country, and the people that make it up, in spite of being some of the most individually brilliant and brave people, continue to fail so hard historically.
How can one people that have contributed so much to history still be such an utter laughingstock.
It actually makes me sad.

It's the 8th largest economy in the world, user

Does that negate anything I have said?
Not every thing of worth is measured in money as well.

Never lose hope user theyre handling the current crises in Europe better than most

Literally the Eternal Anglo

Are they? They are getting overrun just as bad as anyone else I feel like. But they are at least somewhat still proud of being European... gone are the days of Italian/Roman military glory.

What the fuck do the British have anything to do with Italy.

sauce? Where all all these boat peeps going then?

The curse of the Spastic Spaghettis

delete this

They're getting overrun but a lot of their political parties are starting to wake up and see that they're headed for something bad and are arguing for Euroskepticism and pushing the refugees into Germany and other places

Italians live in a country that has naturally give them everything for nothing so they have grown to be weak and spineless. The only latin nation with balls were always Castillians

Who?

Terronia was a mistake. Should've never been annexed.

>constantly being divided by great powers such as France, the HRE, Spain and the Papacy
>constantly warring amongst themselves

>It's definitely because they're weak and spineless

kill yourself my dude!

Italians are too intelligent for rule of law and ordnung.

>This law was written for stupid people.
>Why should I follow it when intelligent people like me will ignore it, thereby putting me at a disadvantage if I follow it?
>Stupid politicians think they're smarter than me and that I'll fall for their scams, I'll show them!

Ireland isn't that bad

>constantly being divided by great powers
Mainly their own fault. Italy hasn't had a military class for over 800 years and it took a Spaniard like Cesar Borgia to try to unify the peninsula. Italians are spineless and weak people. They were meant to drink wine and discuss poetry not to fight wars or be relevant

No, they are not. The most euroskeptic party is lega Nord, and they dont want to leave the UE anymore, they know italy gets too many advantages from staing. Dont make things up

Pope fault. Everytime a regional state were big enough to became a major power, the Pope stepped in and did everything possible to avoid it.

>Cesare Borgia
>Spaniard

Italys not that bad user, why you so angry?

>Cesare Borgia
>>Spaniard
>He was the illegitimate son of Pope Alexander VI (r. 1492–1503, born Roderoc de Borja)
>Roderic de Borja
The Borgias come literally from Spain

they were a banking powerhouse for 1500 years straight, at least. have the greatest history/empire of the world, and are good people, today

fuck i hate these stupid bait thread with stupid op, you the laughing stock my nigger. piss off.

This only happened with cucktalians. When the Pope tried to stop the Spanish or the French to become strong they just BTFO him. Spaghettis are spineless and weak so they preffered to whine and cry

He was half-Italian and grew up in Italy with Italian culture. That's like saying Copernicus was Polish.

>He was half-Italian and grew up in Italy with Italian culture.
That is why he lost at the end. He was to effeminate and spineless to finish the job. If he was full Spaniard and fought during 20 years against the moors he would have probably succed but as he was raised to be weak and spineless he failed

>hurr

He destroyed the Spaniggers in Southern Italy and was defeated by other Italians.

Lol no. He conquered the north of Naples with when Spain splitted Naples with France after the treaty of Barcelona. He got literally assfucked by Spain and died as a prisionaire in Spain. Besides Cesar's army where all swiss mercenaries with Spanish commanders. Italy is just a nation of spineless cucks that could not defend itself against foreign agression

He was defeated in Italy and then went to do other business in Spain.

They're the 8th largest economy in the world right now.

>He was defeated in Italy and captured by the Spanish who jailed him for 3 years and then he tried to run away and he died in Spain
Dude stop shitposting. Your kin is just weak,spineless and effimanate. Keep drinking wine and reading poetry because that is what Italians are good at. Nothing more

Not him but solid argument senpai, you're sure to convince everyone with that logic

>lol just kys ok I won

>continue to fail so hard historically
How are they even failing at all? They've got an extremely rich history, periods of extreme brilliance, cultural and scientific contributions off the fucking scale, they're even first world in the modern day, which inherently means they're not failing at all.
Really, the only issues they have had would be the disunity in the middle ages, which is only "failing" if you idiotically try to project your modern nationalistic view to the past, and the military weakness since unification, which was pretty much unavoidable considering that war in the period was pretty much a function of resources and industry which would automatically disqualify "needs to import every raw material: the country" from ever being competitive at the highest level.

>Overrun
Most immigrants leave as soon as they can. Like, 1 out 2 refugees leave Italy three months after coming, it's pretty hard to suffer demographic replacement if the cause keeps going away.

>Does that negate anything I have said?
Yes

They are pretty irrelevant globally. Catholicism is dying, and they have hardly any power. They aren't really growing either. They have a good economy going for them, but it is largely overpriced fashion and food products, along with their tourism. 800 dollar wine or sunglasses just aren't very useful things.

It's because in the time of Romans the elite was of the Nordic race.

But, as the time passed, the m*diterrenean race was becoming more and more populous.

And, as we all know, m*dshits can't create a proper civilization.

So the Roman Empire fell, and Nordic Ostrogoths seized power for themselves to re-establish the high culture. But greek LARPers stopped them, and increased the m*dish influence again, so the Nordic Longobards and later Franks, Normans seized the most of Italy.

But after Italy left the HRE, the Nordic elites were becoming less and less numerous once again...

This is why Italy after 1870 is so pathetic - because it's governed by the swarthy races.

>They are pretty irrelevant globally.
So is everyone other than USA and China. Even Russia can't really boast any influence beyond central Asia and the Caucasus.
>They have a good economy going for them, but it is largely overpriced fashion and food products, along with their tourism.
Good lord, you truly haven't the slightest idea of what you're talking about, have you? Italy's economy is utterly dominated by exports, which are predominantly mechanical appliances, pharmaceutical products and general metallurgic production. Food and fashion don't even make up 25% of the exports, and tourism is about 10% of GDP.
Italy is basically Germany with twice the corruption and half the muslims.

>Italy is basically Germany with twice the corruption and half the muslims.
And 30 million less people, no natural resources and no rich neighbours

>no rich neighbours
What about Austria, Switzerland and France?

I'll have the spaghetti and meatballs

The regions closer to those countries are richer indeed. It's the south that drags the country down.

>have the greatest history/empire of the world
WE
E

Castilian = Spaniards

Yeah, cause Spain was sooooo great after they lost South America...

Modern Italy is not a world leader but it has a very high HDI and is very wealthy and comfortable.

As an Italian, we do kinda suck... militarily at least. Its not that we cant fight, its just that we've got bad commanders who are bad at logistics.

the south is dragging them down

>being some of the most individually brilliant and brave people
Very funny

>Germany and Italy lost to literal and proud mutt babies
KeK

>As an Italian, we do kinda suck... militarily at least.

Dude, we are literally under the USA military umbrella (NATO). We don't really need a military right now. And it is true even for Europe.
I agree that we should develop a more efficient navy so that we can pursue our strategical and economical interest in the Mediterranean. But even in the maritime warfare we are now the best in Europe: two carriers (Garibaldi, Cavour). This makes us the best European navy

Because outside of the last 150 years it's been at fucking war with itself. You talk to people from Italy and you'll find they hate people who aren't from their region or city because they're historical rivals. Hell, there is a vocal minority in Northern Italy that things that the former Two Kingdoms shouldn't even be part of Italy.

France and Spain didn't have to deal with the rest of Europe wanting to steal all their riches at the same time. Look at the fucking War of the League of Cambrai for god's sake. After Venice had annexed some cities of Romagna (and BTFO the HRE armies that tried to take it back for the pope) the Pope got all of fucking Europe to fuck Venice.
Italy was the only case where all the European powers could agree to work together long enough because of how fucking rich the Italian cities were.

>it took a Spaniard like Cesar Borgia to try to unify the peninsula
>who is Gian Galeazzo Visconti
>who is Cola di Rienzo

> 800 dollar wine or sunglasses just aren't very useful things.
neither is shitposting on Veeky Forums desu

The Pope had no interest in avoiding a regional power to became strong enough to unifiy france or Spain, but he did in italy. And the Vatican did fight others european powers with mixed results. You are an idiot, but im probably getting baited

Never knew Italians were Slavic.

Terroni
Catholic church
Amerishits
A*glos
Krauts

Think you used the wrong image