I'm thinking of joining the military Veeky Forums considering the only other work I can do only pays 12- 13 dollars an...

I'm thinking of joining the military Veeky Forums considering the only other work I can do only pays 12- 13 dollars an hour here in Ontario Canada and I'm basically living in poverty after rent

What workouts should I do to make it easier to get in the military?

Other urls found in this thread:

dfas.mil/militarymembers/payentitlements/military-pay-charts.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Run and bodyweight exercise

Push ups
Sit ups
A lot of running and HIIT exercises

Question for military bros, do they have gyms with freeweights, or is it just body weight?

Iktf bro I am considering joining as well because nothing I can do will pay as much as the military

>tfw 1600 a month
>tfw rent is 1100 a month
>tfw can't afford to drive or anything

My friend said it turns into not enough food and a lot of running so get bigger than you intend to be and be ready to drop 20lbs, also run a fuckton so it feels easy

Not enough food? Don't they feed you meals in the military

The gyms in the military have all sorts of different weights. It really depends on the gym. I'm at a post where they have a crossfit style gym, a power rack gym and a commercial looking one

U.S. milfag:

All bases I've been to had a gym with free weights, bigger ones had several. Some of the biggest had full gucci amenities like a boxing ring, sauna, and hot tub.

As an enlisted you'll be doing PT almost daily, and that's always going to be running and body weight exercises with your unit. It's up to you to find the time and energy to go lift. Generally the more white-collar your job is the more time/energy you have. It's basically a meme that the guys who don't do anything physically demanding are the swollest, while the guys who actually train to kill people for a living are DYEL.

Yup, if you live in the poverty just join the military. Your life literally does a 180, everyone who joined is living the good life. Meanwhile only 5% of normies landed good jobs while everyone else is a wagecuck.

it's not free, you pay for chow hall but it's cheap, then you just go buy whatever the fuck you want

The taco bell, wendy's, and subway on base has cancerous lines at lunch

That's one perk being an officer, you pretty much do whatever you want for pt

Not sure if trolling or not

When you join try to do a support mos. Combat arms is horrible

THIS

in the real world it's either minimum wage or military

>tfw 9.75$ an hr for the last 4 years

What does the military pay per hour? I'm currently making 14.75$ an hour but I'm still struggling to make ends meet

It's a salary and I make 62k a year

Salary? They pay you once a year in one big check? How do you know how many hours you worked etc

>only other work I can do only pays 12- 13 dollars an hour

McDicks pays 15 minimum

At worst: 12 hours/5 days a week + your turn for weekend duty. They can work you longer if they want to. During exercises its not unusual for mandatory 12s.
If you get an easy inside job like admin/dental/any desk job you'll probably work 8-9 hours + pt.
Just go into debt and go to college unless you plan on making a career in the military.

They get 11.50 here

All jobs use the same pay scale so even more incentive to do something with air conditioning and not 'cool' or 'badass.'
dfas.mil/militarymembers/payentitlements/military-pay-charts.html

Military isn't about hours... They pay weekly/fortnightly.

I get $1567.21/week after my salary packaged car payment comes out

Does the military let you pick up trades you've got absolutely no prior experience in? E.g. networking or satcom?

C25k, then b210k. Nothing else matters.

What? Military is shooting guns and training for when there's a war

Military is warfare bro not trades lol

OP, where do you live? I'm in Hamilton!!!FACT!!!

no such thing as pay per hour in the military my friend.

I considered joining a few years ago but I noticed that every person talked to in the military had something missing from their personality, a sense of humor, which is why they have that dead eyed 50 yard stare.

Decided instead to go to school for welding!!!FACT!!!

fucf off indian.

Belleville

So they don't get payed at all?

Salary means you receive the same payment every check, regardless of how many hours you worked. Work 20 or 80 hours, it doesn't matter. So if your salary is 52k a year, you'll pull in 1k every week. How do you not know this?

YES absolutely

speaking from the Navy perspective there are many different trades/jobs (Ratings is what we call them)

I know for a fact that both the trades you mentioned are jobs that you can get in the Navy. and yes the way the Navy works is they take your average joe with 0 experience in the job he selects and within 6-10 years he can expect to be a subject matter expert in that specific field.

if you are interested i'd suggest talking to your local recruiter.

Yvan eht nioj

Just run my dude. If you can do 5k and 30 push ups you are good for most trades. If you can do 10k and 50 pushups consider the airborne.

Redo this thread with multiple current body pictures, and your honest lifting/running stats. Dumbass.

this
Pogue's are free to get swole as fuck
Combat corps here do PT daily which depending on the PTI is usually pretty intense cardio with some endurance exercises peppered throughout

Although it isn't as bad here as it is in the US, military is always a viable option, people who assume it's like welfare are fucking misguided though, the amount of work you will do compared to your salary will never work in your favour, no matter your job.

dont even prepare. you'll get in shape at boot camp. get in and get out before hillary or trump start world war 3
but maybe u wanna die anyways

Not him but a recruiter? People who make a commission on the amount of people they pump into the military? Fuck that, talk to someone who's actually in the navy

Are you fucking serious? I will never experience a funnier 4 years of my life then when I was in the Marines.

They have a better sense of humor than anyone I have ever met.