Anyone here doing keto? It's fucking 10/10 for health and fat loss

Anyone here doing keto? It's fucking 10/10 for health and fat loss.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QvoVxcDgVr8
medicaldaily.com/ketogenic-diet-may-help-patients-manage-schizophrenia-how-high-fat-low-carb-foods-366144
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

unintentional keto cause I don't eat carbs

I switched to paleo. ~100-150g carbs daily, more for cardio days. It's fuarking joocy.

no because the jury is still out on whether or not it's good or bad for you

prefer to eat a well balanced diet instead

People started saying keto gives diabetes so I don't know what to think of it now

I'm type 1 diabetic and do keto. Works great for me but there are times I really crave carbs

>It's fucking 10/10 for health and fat loss.

fat loss is about a calorie deficit, stop fooling yourself with this meme.

is that raw hamburger?

>It's fucking 10/10 for health

It's nearly the exact opposite of what the world would collectively call a healthy diet

Lolwut? Diabetics use it to flatten blood sugar. See Duh. Keto kills appetite and has the body breaking down and burning fat 24/7 instead of blood sugar. It's a tool that makes a caloric deficit a breeze.

Ketoed for a year. Greatly improved my bloodwork. My ratios were below the scale and my good cholesterol was stellar.

If you are on a deficit the saturated fat is used as fuel instead of clogging arteries.

I guess do whatever you can to get in that deficit.
I eat the same way i do when i bulk but just stay to a deficit and never have any issues

>Greatly improved my bloodwork

While you were losing weight? I would imagine any diet that caused weight loss would improve some aspects of bloodwork

> My ratios were below the scale and my good cholesterol was stellar.

What about your bad cholesterol? That's considered more important

>If you are on a deficit the saturated fat is used as fuel instead of clogging arteries.

That's not how it works

Been doing keto almost a year now. Lost 95 pounds while lifting at least three times a week. Grill saw my drivers licence and said "wow u got buff." feels good man. I added cardio this last Spring and do 30 mins on the tready, bout 3.25 miles easy peasy. Only downside to keto is my lifts have been stalled for months (6'1", 190lbs, can only bench 145 x3) probably due to calorie deficit, and i have super low blood pressure now; have to be careful when I get off the couch.

>have to be careful when I get off the couch.
do you get light headed sometimes? making sure it wasn't just me

You cut out 1/3 of your macros and you can reduce your calories while keeping your protein high. You can go on huge deficits and fasts without feeling hungry or losing strength.

>What about your bad cholesterol? That's considered more important
Yes, that's what I meant by ratios. Bad cholesterol and triglycerides were abnormally low and the abnormally high good cholesterol made my ratios below the scale.
>That's not how it works
The liver converts these triglycerides to ketone bodies.

I got down to 107/73 with @ 46bpm resting.

>do you get light headed sometimes?
yup. i drench everything i eat in salt but can still get close to passing out if i stand up too quickly, esp after fasted cardio

Supplement potassium while in keto instead of just salt. Salt substitute is pure potassium chloride and cheap.

Keto will destroy your lifts. It's fantastic for most everything else but you can't sustain lifting and other high intensive efforts on it.

Is nobody going to comment on the beef?

Ground beef really shouldn't be that pink. Shit looks cold in the center Jesus christ

brah I sup that dere electrolytes like crazy. salt, potassium, magnesium, zinc etc. I eat at least one medium avocado a day for potassium, plus 2 potassium gluconate pills, magnesium oxide and citrate pills, zinc from multi, etc. and 3-5 servings of LyteShow in water a day. The only thing I haven't done yet is take straight up salt pills but might have to.

The thing is I never actually get tired at the gym on keto. I can fuck around doing endless compounds and accessories for 2-3 hours, or hop off the treadmill and on to a stationary bike for an unplanned 30 min ride, and not feel tired as long as I've still got water with LyteShow in it. I'm starting to think it is preventing gainz, though I'm still losing weight so that has something to do with it.

Losing glycogen takes away your explosive energy, but you just seem to drop to a lower baseline and go a little slower. I still made strength gains if I kept my protein high.

If you outpace your ability to metabolize fat, you go into gluconeogensis and start burning protein(muscle) for fuel. That's where the ammonia smell comes from when you over do it.

post bloodwork stats

you should always cook ground beef all the way through unless you want many different preventable diseases or parasites. dont care if you like the taste, just eat some shitty steak then.

Be careful if taking potassium pills. It gives me terrible heart burn.

>The thing is I never actually get tired at the gym on keto.
You are using fat instead of stored glycogen and blood sugar. Technically you are already past "the wall" already so you never feel tired if you don't outpace your liver's ability to make ketone bodies. I can go on forever, but my intensity is less.

If this thread is still up when I get to my apartment, I'll go find the papers.

>raw ground beef
jesus christ op

>10/10 for health
>posts pic of processed meat and fatty red meat with cheese melted on it with no vegetables

How do I keto vegetarian. Is it even possible

i'm vegetarian as well and yeah it's pretty impossible i'd say.

keto's a meme anyway

you're a meme 38662335

slightly laughed

>46 resting BPM
Holy fuck that hella good. Cant beat my 1bpm resting tho

>can only bench 145 x3
I hope thats kilograms m8.

Do you have a specific diet on keto? Or is it just no carbs and a deficit?

Totally anecdotal, but at least in a sample size of 1, keto is most certainly not a meme.

My dad had debilitating hip and shoulder pain from his days as a college athlete. It got to the point where the person who was once the strongest man I knew looked feeble and frail.
When he started a keto diet, in about a month, he was fully mobile again, and now a year later he considers himself to be in the best shape of his life (which I can hardly argue with).

To be clear, he was not overweight or particularly out of shape before starting the diet, just really bad shoulder and hip pain. Now he's stronger than I've ever seen him.

So, if I do an ec stack, along with a keto diet, along with an effective 5 day split, along with 5 miles of walking a day (3 when I wake up, one as warm up to lift, one as cooldown), will I be the ultimate meme?

And also will I lose a lot of weight?

Diet soda and 10kcal jello.
Or the old caffeine, broccoli, and tears

>Always chubby.

>Keto
>1.3g protein/lb of body fat.
>2xweek 2 mile run + hour of fight
>3xweek 5k run
>1xweek 10k run
>3xweek heavy bodypart split
>All cardio fasted w/ 15mg yohimbine hcl
>Black coffee and preworkout until dinner after lifts

>Abs in 4 months.

>You can go on huge deficits and fasts without feeling hungry or losing strength.

Yeah on I have to call bullshit on this one specially the strength part

The catabolic effects of protein, especially protein shakes give more satiety longer thus leading to easier cuts fampai

Idk about the strength part tho

I would not mind taking a couple extra months cutting but I want to keep my hard earned strength and not lose it all while cutting

My lifts went down slightly, but never reduced below that baseline. When I kept my protein up, I very slowly made strength gains.

Well with all the protein and the alleged affects of keto, it seem that little muscle if an will be used as fuel, and fat almost exclusively used instead, as a result of cutting meaning you should be able to maintain your strength

If any*

>protein shakes
>on keto

wut

keto is high fat low protein

I thought it was lo carb soory

Metabolically, keto isn't any better at sparing muscle than a similar deficit with carbs (provided protein remains reasonable).

Where it really murders your strength is in the moderate rep range more than anything else, although being depleted alone will tend to take a bit off your maxes as well.

Seems like it from my experience. You do drop water and glycogen, so your muscles look

I've heard there is a "protein sparing effect"

Protein shakes have like 1 or 2g carbs per serving

Keto isn't absolutely no carb isn't it? I thought it was just below like 20g?

Pls respond

That's the "standard". Depends on spacing through the day and when you exercise.

I can stay in keto up to maybe 60g if I've been doing it for a while. That means maybe 1 cookie a day.

Oh fuck one whole cookie? Youre a madman

The exact amount varies, but 20-30g a day is pretty standard. Thing is, you've got to account for all the incidental carbs in your diet so you don't always have a lot of room to be throwing in even relatively low carb stuff like whey protein.

Don't forget, US labels count fiber as carbs. Doesn't count because it's its digestible. So "net carbs" = carbs - fiber.

Snickers mini icecream bars are 9 carbs
70% Dark chocolate is like 3 carbs

You have to test and know your limits

Does isolate protein have any carbs?

Been doing on and off past few weeks and currently at night one of no carbs having only eaten a small serving of lamb. How long does it take to fully adjust and not feel like walking a hungry walking death.

I'm skinny fat who's now almost skinny, but I'm worried about losing heart muscle and the like. Is long term keto viable with zero carbs and does it treat mental illness outside epilepsy?

Use a daily 20mg vyvance to help on my IF days to fight the hungry pains but I'd like seen off it.

How many carbs kick you out of keto? And does it take 8 or 12 hours for the body but to no male the switch?

Yes, but barely any. Usually about a gram per serve.

you fucking retard, eating meat increases diabetes because the saturated fat kills insulin producing cells

>mfw you want to do 2 meme diets at once
how about keto vegan juicing?

but protein shakes have protein which gets turned into carbs if you eat too much

>if you eat too much
This only happens if you eat 300g and sit around all day.

keto macros are recommended as 75%+ fat to avoid this. protein is anti-ketogenic.

Ok, well, I lift a lot. So I don't do that. Keto sticks always show positive and I'm at 40% protein.

I'm keto, lost 30lbs and gained strength. Works for me. Fuck you guys.

Keto kills your cravings. The only thing I really miss sometimes is cornbread.

>It's fucking 10/10 for fat loss.
probably
>for health
AYYY Y LMAO

The bun and fries meat is often eaten with are what block its proper metabolism and cause that to happen

You're doing low effort cardio, so yeah. HIIT is proven to be the best.

What height + weight were you when you started, and when you finished?

I'm a fat fuck famalamadingdong. Not hamplanet size but definitely fat, don't wanna fuck up me joints yet so I'll stick to low effort cardio like biking, swimming or walking

from years of observation I know that literally all ketofags are either skinnyfat or overweight and that they could get the same """results""" from just eating a normal diet with right calorie deficit
I just can't take them or their arguments seriously until that changes

youtube.com/watch?v=QvoVxcDgVr8
Watch that

Keto is for weightloss and that's only for the lazy fucks who can't be bothered to count calories

Have been doing it for four years, obviously not eating at a deficit. It cured me of chronic, bloody, explosive diarrhea and other digestive trouble. Never looking back. Carbs are poison.

>well balanced

Biggest meme in history.

Yes, keto cures depression, and even schizophrenia. I know that sounds far-fetched since schizophrenia is a lot harder to manage than depression, but here's the source: medicaldaily.com/ketogenic-diet-may-help-patients-manage-schizophrenia-how-high-fat-low-carb-foods-366144

You're a retard. Keep snarfing that sweet stuff.

>"ketogenic diet MAY help patients MANAGE schizophrenia ..."
>OMG GUYS KETO CURES SCHIZO

Be careful Keto causes hair loss. Learnt that the hard way

Keto is for people who are literally too lazy to stop eating the foods that got them fat in the first place and try calorie counting. It reels people in because you lose lots of weight in the first few weeks, but this is water weight so meaningless. The moment you stop keto you'll bounce right back up on the weight scale. And in terms of general health there aren't many fad diets worse.

Sources: tried it and have friends who tried it, gf does medicine and has said on many occasions that keto is essentially bs and atkins is a hack. Also numerous studies in medical journals

you dont need more carbs for cardio

>well balanced
as in?

keto is unhealthy if u use butter and egg yolks too much

>fat loss is about a calorie deficit
kys retard

its a meatball. dont u know what a hamburger is?

that doesnt mean anything tho

Anything made from ground beef is supposed to be cooked all way through. Unless you ground it yourself.

Give me a sample Keto diet that isn't just hurr durr meat wrapped in bacon

I mean meat is great but even then you can get tired of it

>0 food and only caffiene until the evening
You must have nothing going on in your life.

Retarded fad for people with taste buds that never developed beyond their 6th year of life.
>wahhh momma lettuce is gross give us another slice of bacon

you're literally giving yourself brain damage with keto. But at least you're losing weight, right?

>keto
>10/10 for health
You're a funny guy user

If he's dumb enough to do keto he prob already has brain damage

>keto's a meme
>coming from a cucketarian

Kek

What is this about brain damage? To my understanding keto is actually improves Brian function as seen in epileptics. Or are you just counter memeing because you are hating on the weight loss potential because it eats gains?

Also can anymore write up a short pro and con list to keto, seems to be alot of disinformation being throw around.

Can anyone rec me some good keto recipes? I think just about everything I cook has carbs in it.