I am 25 and decided to start going to the gym

I am 25 and decided to start going to the gym

today was my first day

I could barely do 3x10 bench press sets with 30 kg weight, it's basically just the bar plus some small weights.

I could feel everyone around me laughing at me

what's the point when I'm so weak

No one is laughing at you user. Get your ass in there tomorrow and keep it going

>what's the point when I'm so weak
the point is to become less weak

>30kg 3x10

that's not bad. many start with ugly 5 reps of just the bar

Realize that anyone who doesnt lift is weak as shit, the only strong people are basically the other guys in the gym. Now swallow that ego and get to lifting

30kg x 10 get a grip you pussy I started with barely doing 6 reps of the bar IN THE FUCKING SMITH MACHINE and I kept at it. Just go lift and get stronger

I started earlier this year at 26 and could only bench bar + 2 5kg plates (one each side).
I'm up to 65kg and still climbing. Progress is completely possible.

user when I started I couldn't even bench the bar I was doing machine for the first 3 months until I gained weighted.

I started as an underweight skelly though

I started at 40kg and im now at 70kg 4 months later
I might be at 2 pl8 by the years end. Just stick with it

I started with 30kg as an anorexic 15 year old @6'1 and 140lbs . Now i weigh 200lbs and am closing in on 315lbs.
It literally does not matter where you started.

Your strength will double in the first couple of months.

thanks for the motivation guys

I am ready for real change this time, I am sick of being weak and feeling like shit all the time.

the only thing people laugh at internally at the gym is shit form. form isn't dependant on strenght. as long as you do your research (= watch a 3 minute youtube video) and keep the weight low enough you'll have no problem keeping proper form. if you can't stick to proper form with a lift you're not ready to go heavier yet.

Don't listen to this fag. Nobody laughs at bad form, it's just worrying to see someone that could get injured.

you benched more than I did the first 3 months of lifting. also no one gives a fuck about you or how much you lift, everyone is concentrated on their own routine

People don't generally laugh at weak guys. I do laugh at guys that lift less than me, but feel the need to grunt/shout, carry around a gallon of some meme drink and drop the weights on purpose.

I am hoping this isn't a copypasta troll thread, but do not let that kind of attitude keep you out of the gym.

every single person in there, whether the biggest or smallest guy in the room, started somewhere.

You may feel out of place and intimidated in the beginning, but take solace in knowing that everyone is way more focused on themselves than you. On top of that, myself and all of my buddies have never and would never judge somebody for lifting a "small" amount of weights.

Get in there again tomorrow and the next day and the next day and you will see just how easy, fun, and fulfilling this whole thing is.

this was me, I started 60lbs reps and 95 max at 6ft skelly. Just hit 2pl8 4 months ago

This. Fucked up my arm on a bike and reset to the smith machine bar. 18 months later I'm at 2.5pl8 for 8 reps.

Only 6 reps? Can you even open the car door or the mcdonalds door?

Check out Alan Thrall on youtube for some tips on form for your big lifts so you don't look like a mong. As for feeling like everyone's judging you it's just because you're out of your comfort zone, it'll pass quick. Godspeed on your quest for gains user.

I'm assuming he had some kind of injury. You wouldn't believe how quickly gains evaporate if you break a bone or something.

This is true, but they come back faster than when you first started out.

>Alan Thrall

Everybody goes to the gym to become a better version of themselves. Remember that there will always be a bigger or stronger guy than you.

Keep it going user

They do, but it's pretty much a hard reset. Especially if you get a niggling ache.

It's like with athletes of all kinds: sometimes you don't come back from a bad injury.

Nobody at the gym gives a fuck about your lifts unless you're a girl/they're really impressive or you're going full retard

Hey user, progression from small lifts take really little time.

If youre disciplines you will get noob gains, which is a big difference from your initial frame. After that, the progression curve gets steeper, but thats what you signed up for

t. another former skeelly.

Only thing that you will get judged for in the gym: really really bad form/attmepting to lift unrealistically heavy weights

Enjoy the endless newb gains and stop about anyone else, unless u are obviously about to hurt yourself no one will even notice you

>I could feel everyone around me laughing at me
That's just a thing in your head
There certainly are some people who internally make fun of weaker people at the gym, but they are dumb and who the fuck cares, seriously

>what's the point when I'm so weak
...to improve and get stronger?

Fuck off and go lift some weights

OP, keep going at it. 3 months in and you should be doing at least 60kg on bench no problem at all.
Also, nobody gives a shit. Literally nobody ever laughed at me or was condescending towards me when I first started. Only some helpful tips and that's about it.

After a few weeks there you won't even think about the people around you.

this

keep going OP, don't bitch out. you feel weak? get fucking STRONGER THEN

Is joining a gym like losing your virginity? Awkward at first?

yes

That was me a little over a month ago, first time stepping into a gym and I could barely bench the bar for reps, felt like I was lifting a fucking truck, there were a few teen girls doing squats and eyeing me, felt very embarrassed and left the gym without even finishing my sets. I immediately started thinking up excuses for not benching, tried as hard as I could to find any exercises that didn't involve benching but were just as effective - found none. Fast forward to now and i'm benching almost 45kg for reps; tunnel vision, man. Put your earphones in, hoodie, t-shirt, whatever it is that helps you focus, and hit the fucking weights.

user, it doesn't matter WHERE you start, it really doesn't. Weakness is only temporary, you'll be benching weight you never dreamed of if you stick to it.

You're not going to live down the shame, ever, it'll haunt you for the rest of your life if you fucking quit, don't be a loser, we have enough losers on this earth already, for one time in your life, stick with this one thing and see it through to the fucking bone. KEEP at it, DON'T give up, remember WHY you started.

You can make it, I believe in you, we all do.

Next time go with your arm in a sling so it looks like you're rehabbing.

thank you bro :)

breh when I started I had trouble with just the bar..
6 months later I'm at 65 kg. Still not that much according to Veeky Forums standards but at least nobody laughs at me at the gym

+my normie friends think I bench a lot l o l

stuff like this is so motivating desu, can't wait til I can bench a pl8, gonna be a good day

Nobody cares, honestly

I'm a fat fuck and people look but I wouldn't take offense. Maybe they're just miring the tits :)

>I could feel everyone around me laughing at me. what's the point when I'm so weak

People have their own shit going on and they do what they want, no body is paying that much attention to you. Honestly the worst thing about the gym is nobody really talks to you, I just wish someone would actually say something one day like good job man, or hey haven't seen you in a while, etc.. but there is nothing in the gym, its all on you

everybody laughs at bad form rofl even if they don't do it out loud

honestly some of the least judgmental people I know are gymrats

don't worry OP

Good shot man. Come here and we will support you. Ignore the trolls and haters and follow the solid information here. We got your back bro