Anyone here been in the military? is everyone there ripped? thinking of joining but I might be too muscular. 92 kg 5'11...

Anyone here been in the military? is everyone there ripped? thinking of joining but I might be too muscular. 92 kg 5'11. 12% bf

Currently in the military and I can tell you that the people I've seen since I've been in range from Auschwitz-mode skinny all the way to borderline obese and on the verge of getting kicked out for being too fat. It all depends on the individual.

yes. no, most are skinnyfat or skelly.

That's a lot of makeup for someone in the military

Depends on the job.

POG's will usually be the big juicy fuckers

Grunts/SF/Frontline guys will all vary but tie most common body type is skinnyfat, made for endurance

You better not be another pog

This desu familia.

Weightlifting is super popular in the military but a lot of people just do meme men's fitness bullshit type exercises or crosshit

I'm in the airforce, been in for 6 or 7 months now and of the 3 bases I've been to the gym is mostly filled with people who have no idea what they are doing and never get results or are weekend warriors

I've met 2 other kids that were also into bodybuilding and knew what they were doing in my 7 months so far

Both were 6'1-6'2 215lbs lean

So pretty much no almost everyone is DYEL or thinks they know what they are doing

Every gym has a few swole dudes but the majority are DYEL

Infantry marine here

>too muscular pfftttt

I believe 220 is the cutoff for a 5"7 manlet. Most of the people in the gym are dudebros lifting for girls. They buy mustangs/trucks, drink, and party at someone's house.

I would try it for the experience, do 4 years and reap some benefits, do chairforce specifically

Hey OP, I'm an Army Ranger and please take my advice. Do not join. Don't fucking do it man. As cool as it may seem from a civilian perspective, I can assure you it is shitty as fuck and not worth at all. Unless you have absolutely nothing else going for you.

And don't join if you have a sense of humor because you wont fit in with those deadeyed fucks.

She's F(ine)LQ

>Plan on joining air force
>Auschwitz mode
>don't know how I'm gonna pass BMT

You look like you plastered bronzer all over your face or dipped your head in doodoo
U look like u lift heavy doe

>I might be too muscular
The weight limits in the military do not account for muscle, e.g. all Mr. Olympias ever would be kicked out.

This seems silly but it's for a good reason. A lot of shit is designed for specific size and weight ranges. If you're out of that size and weight range, you're simply not going to be able to use that equipment, and if you're deployed, I don't think enemy combatants are going to give you extra time to find your extra special gear to fit your extra special frame. You have to be able to pick up standard issue stuff and be able to use it, within reason.

That said, you're not out of bounds as far as I know.

That and too much muscle mass drains the fuck out of you, requires ridiculous amounts of calories and effort to maintain and would severely limit what you can do in the field.

I should add: not just personal equipment, but also vehicles. Space on ships are at a premium in some areas. Don't want some fucking Ronnie Coleman motherfucker blocking everything, trying to squeeze through a door.

Also very true but I didn't want to make the generalization in case someone brought up some super obscure case of some Captain America motherfucker who could bench 800 and run a full marathon while carrying a pack in three hours (not that I know of any).

Canadafag here
There will always be a handful of people per unit that lift but the military is a gains goblin. PT usually revolves around running and bodyweight exercises.

>joining the military to fight for Israel and neo-Con parasites infesting the west

What could go wrong?

u gon die. In BMT you only get 30 minutes of PT a day, which alternates each day between running and not-very-effective resistance training. I've heard they've even added in yoga to it.

Train right fucking now for it

Gonna fuck all your women while you guys are away

Been in the AF 9 years. Worst decision of my life. Go from being super yoked to fat as fuck because I swing between releasing my anger on weights and getting obliterated drunk every night. I hate it. And I have to stay in for another 11-21 years for my family. Also, people in the AF are a bunch of fucking faggots that worry more about how many pushups you can do rather than how much you bench. Army has a bunch of fatties, navy and marines IDK about.

skinnyfat is the worst body for endurance

I think you might be happier with life if you didn't drink so much, or hate your marriage. Also what do you do? If you do some gay ass shit like security forces or whatever POG job, no wonder you're depressed.

Go CCT or JTAC & enjoy your career, because clearly you plan on retiring for benefits. Why not enjoy your life in the meantime?

>source 1/75 ranger

I've worked with plenty of JTACs an PJs and all those dudes are in shape/ generally happy. Not to mention generally more alpha.

Get a grip dude.

POG here. Submariner.

Most bubbleheads are fat, skinnyfat, or just shit looking because we don't have much room to move around and it can be easy to delegate your way out of physical work if you're so inclined.

The ones that do lift tend to make decent gains doe.

Air crew marine here, this is quite spot on for the most part. I know a lot of supplyfags who are ripped like no other because they hardly do dick outside the supply docks but eat lift and get NJP'd for drunk driving lol

Damn bro how the hell do you find time to stay Veeky Forums? I'll likely be joining the Navy soon as an MM and I'm gonna try to get a sub contract for the pay, but I was worried about my gains and my bored levels. How do you live? Is it worth it?