Alright Bro's, I have been a hardcore gamer most of my life, Im fat and disgusting and I want to change...

Alright Bro's, I have been a hardcore gamer most of my life, Im fat and disgusting and I want to change. I started working out and am cutting and counting calories hard, my problem is, How do I stop playing video games all day? What else is there to do?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11327321
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

just think of exercise as level grinding IRL
because that's literally what it is

My problem isnt working out im doing that for an hour a day, My problem is what after that? What do I do with all this free time?

you can go lifting

Read more.

get a job

drink water while playing videogames.

maybe get a job you lazy neet.

1. Quit cold turkey, uninstall all games and sell all gaming accounts.
2. Go on drugs that help with your focus/attention span.
3. Set some new goals and hang out around people that you aspire to be like.

light team sports like football or basketball are what many people like to do in their free time. Even table tennis is alright.

Are you an addict? I can balance playing games and not being total shit, but not everyone can.

Do you not work? If not than become a damn adult and get a job

Work........ I work 12 hours a day and I'm bored as fuck when I'm not working

Iktf man I'd work 7 days a week if my job allowed it

>tfw get home and listen to gf bitch until I go to work again
>tfw if I could afford my own place I'd be done with her

The problem isn't that you're playing vidya instead of exercising. It's that you're not playing vidya to keep yourself from eating.

Yeah same here. I have way too much time off, 10 hrs a day Monday to Friday isn't enough to keep me occupied

I was like this once. 6'4" and 390 lbs a few years ago and the only exercise I got was through my thumbs, and whacking off. [spoiler]my right arm is still stronger than my left[/spoiler] Now 220.

If vidya is a hobby of yours than you'll never really stop. I play a game every day. Sometimes only an hour, sometimes hours on end. You need to balance it with work/school and every other shitty responsibility life has in it. It's only a form of entertainment.

>tfw no 12 hr shifts at my job

10 hrs a day is maximum each day

What's wrong with playing vidya all day? I take an hour to lift or run (depending on the day), half hour to shower, then play vidya until it's bed time on work days. On my days off, I do the same, except maybe I'll fit in a 2 hour bike ride.

Diversify the amount of hobbies you do and from there go into more productive ones.
This allows you to become less obsessed about videogames and eventually lets you do something more worthwhile.

Since Veeky Forums is pretty comfy for someone who has been here for a while (I'm assuming you) start lurking Veeky Forums, /mu/, /out/, Veeky Forums, and any other board.
This helps with having a support group sort of, try different recipes (healthy ones), listen to music, watch film, read books, start a garden, anything that interests you at all.
This will allow you to shitpost about these things.

From here you can move on to more productive ones eventually without an autistic safety net.
Sounds like a memeing to others probably but I am not.
I kind of come from the same boat, was just never fat.
As a teen I branched from /v/ to Veeky Forums, /mu/, and /out/, because I liked viewing these boards and shitposting it allowed me to delve deeper in the hobbies more than I would have.

Also don't feel bad about spending your freetime soley on purposeful things, try to get a hobby that incorporates exercise and other ones that will make you more social, but it's okay to spend your leisure time on anything, be it vidya or books.

Balance m8.

>2 hours bike rides

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11327321

>implying I bike to exhaustion

The healthiest a life style can be is to have a job you enjoy+pays well, a hobby you're good at on the side that could also potentially be a second form of income, and then also a good dedication to working out and staying fit. If you can hit these 3 points you'll probably start feeling pretty good.

Start with working out, then if you don't have a job get a job, anything will do in the beginning really, and then when you have some money you can invest in a hobby.

>1. Sell all video games
>2. Use that money to buy meth
>3. Hang around other meth users

J O B

go walk your dog if you have one

This. Do this.

I don't think you need to quit video games at the moment.

Focus on getting healthy and hitting the gym.
Once you're fit and wanna take your life to the ''next level'', then you can stop playing video games and pick up better hobbies

Be a brony

Depending on what sounds least like your job, either study a new subject of interest, or develop skills in something creative/artistic.

look up events like music. Play disc golf because it is easy and take a bunch of time. You will meet new people and typically they will be in a similar situation.

Listen to music, read, meal prep. You can still even play games, just not as much