Progress Thread

Hey Veeky Forums, I haven't seen a progress thread in awhile. What kind of progress have you made?

Try replying to others with the following:

> Best features
> Shit features
> Advice to improve

A little background, I'm an ectomorph that's been lifting for almost 4 months now. I was formerly a college swimmer for 4 years and lifted a bit around highschool. My chest is shitty, but I'm really trying to focus on it for the next month with inclines/declines/dips thrown into the mix.

My routine began with PPL strength focus for 3 months and now it's HST.

Diet wise, I just tried to eat 3.5k calories via GOMAD, protein shakes, and tons of meat/eggs.

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/0U5b7Nc.gifv
strengthandconditioningresearch.com/hypertrophy/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Here I am with some stats, I had censored everything the first time I shared on Veeky Forums. Now that I'm bigger, I fear nothing.

Swim season had me burning through gains like crazy.

Chest is small. Do weighted dips. Fuck the inclines and declines... dips will do more.

I do chest, tris, and shoulders in the same day. Extreme amounts of dips make it hard to do other compound excercises. That said, I'll still be doing more.

Height? And don't try adding 2 inches, I know you're a manlet, looking that filled at 185lb.

5'11"

> The king of manlets

Don't need to do an extreme amount. Add weight until doing 8 x 3 is difficult. Can do them at the end of your routine.

Sorta believable. Good progress. Where's the deadlift though?

Alright, sounds like a plan. Just don't wanna fuck up muh shoulders.

I'm hilariously weak at deadlifts. Had a back injury not long ago and just started back up with 1pl8 on the hexbar. I've never been particularly good with them, I'd say it'd be weaker than my squat ~250.

Yeah, don't do the dips too low (elbows below parallel with shoulders).

So for targeting chest, I know I wanna flare out my elbows. I can also adjust the bars to be wide or narrow. I've been using the wide setting and trying to lean forward, think that matters much?

Do what's comfortable. No matter what, you're chest and tris are going to get blasted.

Ty for the help familia. My chest is already filling out a little better. I'll try to go harder on dips till I de-skele.

i.imgur.com/0U5b7Nc.gifv

ur still skele OP, keep on dooting

BEFORE

AFTER

Sick shit mate, how long did that take? Height/Weight?

'mirin the chest, your shoulders need a little work to catch up to it. All in all, good physique either way.

Where is this mang? Looks like where I come from, south Hampshire, UK. I bet it's somewhere completely different though.

Fuck off, Ben, nobody likes you.

Dude, Ben will fuck your shit.

Probably about 2 years there is a 80lbs difference in those photos and i grew from 5'6 to 5'10

Ah, from manlet to man. Sucks missing the golden mark by 2 inches. I missed it by 1 as well :/

Ah well, at least you're buff as all fuck. Is this during a bulk phase? I'm willing to bet you have more core strength than the picture shows.

i leave for all of summer and you're still tripping with your shit physique.

He's smaller than me and weaker than me. So no.

I am bulking rn
Here is an ab pic

you've been "hitting a bulk" for over a fucking year and you look the exact same. you're the biggest fucking faggot on this board. you can stop replying to yourself now.

>progress thread

>he posts progress

>OMGWATAFAGGOT

Okay sperg-lord, maybe chill a bit and post your own shit to prove you aren't a lard ass.

Lol ive been cutting since february and started bulking a few weeks ago. Before that i gained 80lbs. On a bulk and i will to gain 50lbs on this bulk.

Likely smaller by 50lbs of fat compared to you. Pics or fuck off.

Don't listen to the other anons. That's great progress. Inspires me for sure.

Captcha: Select all images with PIZZA.

Not huge progress but it's the first time I've had something physical note rather than slightly decreasing numbers on the scales.

Went to put on a pair of shorts because hot weather and they were too baggy to wear, so having a thought I dug out a pair that I bought a few months ago that ended up being too small and tight, they were cheap enough that I couldn't be bothered to return them but now they fit perfectly. I also grabbed a T-shirt that I bought online from Aus that was too small when I got it but now it fits great. It was just great feeling wearing the stuff that I previously looked at and said Well I'm too fat. Need to make a bit more progress then going you try bulking.

>mfw started lifting and running around February
>Never took a pic of myself
>Just jumped into it thinking it wouldn't be anything serious, a little health bonus
>Start seeing people and they say I look like a different person
>Shocked, have to go through old photos of myself on instagram and shit
>Have no idea what gainz I made

Save yourself and take a pic of yourself before you start working out Veeky Forums, I missed out on my transformation lel. Lost 50 pounds btw.

That is mad impressive for 3 months. You pulled some hollywood role prep shit Honestly i can't criticize since im Mirin pretty hard
Ive seen u post around and honestly u get a lot of shit because I genuinely think people are jelous of you lol your genetics are baller af

I was stuck in limbo between losing and gaining for a while but eventually i found the right way to eat for my body to recomp but ive got a long way to go till i'll be satisfied with my body

Awesome Op. what was your routine? How many calories were you above maintenance?

500-750 cals above, I was using GOMAD and eating whatever I could find. Grilled chicken patties from mcdonalds for $1.40 were my lunch everyday.

I did PPL 6-12 reps for the first 3 months. I stuck to it pretty religiously.

Now I'm doing HST and basically hitting every muscle group 3x a week for 12 reps. Looking for that hypertrophy.

Former fatty here
300lbs at my heaviest when I was around 18, decided to get my shit together and I'm 20 now.

Don't know how to feel about my progress.

Also this guy is legit, take a progress pic at your worst so that you can see how far you've come, I regret not having any pics

Feb16-August16
6'2"
Was 225lbs.
Currently 197

Every thread until you like it.

30 more lbs to go until I'm human-sized and can start recomping. Progress has stalled. Just wanna fucking get there already.

Smile a bit dude. You should be happy but you look progressively more miserable and angry.

I'm a fat friendless kv loser who's in constant pain thanks to his body being fucked up from an entire childhood+adolescence of being a fat fuck.

That's without even going into my financial status or my parents.

I have nothing to smile about.

saluted

Mirin the gains. Routine/diet?

Keep at it breh

these kinds of threads are like a slap in the face.

i really need to get my shit together and start taking my training seriously. Ive been breaking diet constantly and being irregular at the gym which has made my progress shit.

\Thanks bros i needed this.

Pic related
Just ate clean at 300cal deficit for 5 months, clean bulked for 1.5 months from July-Aug. just started 2 month cut Sept 1st. I'm happy with my size right now, just gonna try and get to 10-12%bf for shits and giggles. Gonna bulk from Nov thru Feb1st.

I really enjoy seeing you post man, serious respect and grats on the gains, or loss in your case.
Serious question though, what's your plan with the excess skin? How does that work?

i'm reposting this to inspire myself to keep progressing. I've been tempted by the devils food itself latley and i need to remeber what i'm working for.

Veeky Forums we can make it together.

>I have nothing to smile about.
Sure you do. You've got You can only really take one problem at a time and you've made really clear progress in this one. Keep it up.

I swear every femanon that posts here is a titlet. No offense

Are you a trap? Also good gains

Well they arn't gonna get bigger on a diet.

Some of the best lays I've had were from titlets. Nothing wrong with small rack as long ass they have an ass

Pic on the left i have no idea how heavy i am.

Pic on right i'm sitting around 240.

This is a years progress but most was made in the past 3 and 1/2 months

Well B is fairly average. Most of my friends are only a bit larger than me.

The only people i know with giant tits are obese. I guess i don't really get the appeal.

Wow you looked like a fag i grew up with. Congrats user.

You don't live in wisconsin do you?

Nice progress, no homo but I think your face will be nice and defined if you keep going.

Just north but too north to know you.

Thanks. I tried shaving the beard off but it's not pretty so i grew it back. Once i go sub 200 i'll try again

That's probably a good thing. Thanks for the nice words bro

hey Flanagon, you're supposed to shave after you lost half your bodyweight

Once the neck fat is gone the beard is going as well

Notice how they were all happy and smiling in the before pics and look sad as fuck in the after pics.

Do you like bread?

are you a trap? Wehy the need to censor your crotch area if you are wearing panties?

I admire your progress, being virgin can be changed in a few minutes, don't worry.
How could we help you?

> who's in constant pain thanks to his body being fucked up from an entire childhood+adolescence of being a fat fuck.

Is your pain physical or just mental? Is your health fucked up?

It's my shoulders and my hip, mainly. They hurt almost constantly, especially when I'm cutting.

kek. Nothing much that an inuit spear fishing jamboree can do to help me with that problem.

Keep going man, you're a legend

Getting there man. Am I going to make it boys?

13 months
6'0

You made it in my eyes

What I want to know is how you did GOMAD while gaining very little fat and putting on a ton of muscle in only 4 months

Thanks for the reply bro. What's your weekly schedule? ABCABCx?

Nice work, mirin the progress. Keep us updated, YOU WILL MAKE IT

nice gyno faggot

Usually lift Monday/Tues/Thurs/Friday/Sunday I'll break up the routine and only end up lifting 20-30 minutes each time. My routine is pretty lax the big thing is just keep lifting heavy and don't skip more than 2 days in a row

Ectomorph genetics man. My body was starving for calories and didn't put on much fat in the first place. The prior training I had synthesized more myonuclei than the average joe which made it easier to put on muscle mass. That's my guess to how it happened anyways.

Why are you covering your dick in all the ones with underwear on?

>ectomorph genetics

This is broscience. Do some research into how ecto/endo/meso morphs were made up and come back

>this kills the scientist

>2pl8 bench
>still no chest
Fuck, why am I still natty.

Are you serious? It's a general way of saying that I'm genetically prone to having a leaner build. Eg my smaller wrists/ankles, appetite, and fat storage.

Please by all means enlighten me though how you came to the conclusion it is broscience, because you'll find ample amounts of evidence to the contrary.

OP here, never gonna make it confirmed.

Because the things you're saying even now are largely broscience

> asked to expand on point

> does not

So let's get this straight here.

> Ecto/meso/endomorphs are just broscience terms

> Myonuclei are also broscience. There's no way I had muscle memory from previous training.

> There's no way my genetics favor a smaller build.

Okay. Now actually attack one of these legitimate points. Not even trying to be confrontational, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But please share a little of what you're trying to tell me here rather than just saying it's wrong.

I'll take the easy one. Somatotypes are an unscientific concept. There has never been any evidence for it. They were literally created by some guy looking at hundreds of nudes and grouping them into 3 categories as he sort fit. Google it.

There is actually very little known about the specifics of muscle growth, you'll learn that the more time you spend lifting and learning. Coming up with your own theories is fun but don't expect people to agree

strengthandconditioningresearch.com/hypertrophy/

See that's fine. Thanks for the link.

I understand that people don't just fall into the three categories, there's a mix and match. But "body types" do exist and I'm more on the slender end of the spectrum.

I'll check out the link and get back to you, thanks for the contribution.

U look like me now on ur left pic what's ur diet/routine?

This thread made me realize I've been fucking up.

Is 3100 calories per day sound about right for someone 6'0" 160lbs? I haven't gained much weight at all and I've beein lifting for months. I'm deathly afraid to gain fat. Mostly vegetarian too because muh morals.

Ectomorph like OP if that helps.

OP here, I'm still fresh to the whole lifting thing.

I'd tackle several issues that might be wrong here.

> Adequate amounts of sleep.
Recovery is what builds muscles. It's okay to lose sleep every now and then, but it won't help you growth-wise.

> Are you really sticking to your diet routine?
If you are, add to your daily consumed calories, and keep your workouts under and hour and a half.

> Are you working out properly?
Try to avoid making up your own workout plan, and avoid adjusting "tried and true" plans too much. Stick to compound exercises, try to hit every muscle group twice a week, and do your best to give each group 36-48 hours rest.

My final point is this:

Don't give a flying fuck about how your abs look right now. Develop core strength, eat until you see muscle gains, worry about your aesthetic later. You're genetically prone to being slender, cut the little amount of fat gains you build later. For now, build up that muscle as much as you can.

I sleep well, have a good diet and I think I work out properly. I'm using a PPL routine as well, a mix of strength and aesthetics.

Good food is insanely expensive in Canada so I mostly have eggs and I'm getting over my fear of milk to make gains. I fear cutting in the future because chicken is out of the question.

I may just do what you did and go with 3500 cals since I've been hovering around 160 for 3 months I still somehow increased my lifts a little though.

You've done well for yourself man. Keep up the good work and thank you for the advice.

It's weird that with that height, weight and stats in the beginning, you look like a lanky teenager, maybe it's the picture itself

Thanks dude, sounds like you have a plan. Goodluck with the gains!

15 pounds in a year. eat more dude. A good bulking diet can gain 15 pounds in 2 months easy.

I'm 22 in these pics

17 in this pic, but that was the size I really stuck to for 4 years.

All that aside, it's not like I ever looked old to begin with so maybe it was the pics.

Maybe he's aiming on being aesthetic. Might be happy where he is.

That being said. Yeah, I'd recommend him to eat a hell of a lot more.

about 3 months of calisthenics then 6 months of greyskull lp, gained about 30 pounds, still havent hit 1/2/3/4 yet though.

any advice guys?

been lifting for some years so far my routine currently is

Monday legs triceps
Tuesday back biceps
Wednesday legs triceps
Thurdays chest biceps
Friday legs tris
Saturday shoulders bis
sunday rest