What happens if you go to the hospital and tell them you want to kill yourself?

What happens if you go to the hospital and tell them you want to kill yourself?

you get a nice hospital bill, then you kys

Psych ward and therapy.

They make you wait because there are more important patients in need of help.
Maybe a nurse will give you a telephone hotli e for suicidalfags

this. I think they hold you for 72 hours to make sure you are not really suicidal.

Can confirm
I was around 15 or so,however in my country they couldn't force me to stay,my parent had to stay with me for one day there for some reason
Also needed confirmation from a parent,don't know if in USA is different,since me mum was beta all i had to say was "no" and that was that

Would they set you up to talk to someone who can actually help you?

bump help

>Would they set you up to talk to someone who can actually help you?
Probably. And if you're in America, they send you a bill afterwards. :)

you actually kill yourself from going into 5 figure debt

Been to pysch ward before. They won't not really. They will just lock you in a psych ward and feed you medication until you lie and say you are not suicidal anymore then they will let you out with a therapist referral. They don't really talk to you much.

You get arrested for your own protection and spend a few months sectioned senpaitachi

Probably lose your 2A rights for life especially if you end up getting full on committed

If you don't live in the US, then you probably just have to suck a few cocks to get out

Paramedic here
If you go to hospital, you'll go to the emergency-mental health ward. This is to sort out immediate risks. They give you numbers to call and advice and make sure you don't kill yourself. From what I've heard, it's not great.

I'd recommend going to your family doctor and asking for a referral to a psych. This is a better long term plan.

You'll have a huge hospital bill and nobody really cares if you kill yourself

Usually 72 hour hold in acute psych ward. What exactly happens then will vary depending on the institution you're at. You might get to talk to a therapist during that time. If you're still a threat to yourself or others, they will petition for another 2 weeks, then I think the standard after that is 60 days. You will get referrals to outpatient therapy, and may be given prescriptions for medication if you have a condition that can benefit from it.

It's not fun, nor is it much help. Like many anons have pointed out you'll get 4th rate service from ER nurses, a lot of rolling eyes and smirks, at least a ten thousand dollar bill, they hold you for 72 hours, you get mess that numb you and make you sick if you don't take them, and of course you get to talk to a social worker who spends all day talking to edgy teens and there degenerate parents.

If your absolutely gonna kill your self, they'll stop you, I guess, but you're better off doing this .

I've been there three times my friend, and it wasn't worth it, considering I'm still alive, I had to endure that humiliation, and I have to face my family every day knowing that's how they see me, as a fragile faking faggot.

this, not fun

>What happens if you go to the hospital and tell them you want to kill yourself?

They lock you up for a week and then throw you back out on the street with a $5000 medical bill.

>tfw fit is an expert on suicide

I'm in Canada

>you actually kill yourself from going into 5 figure debt

I got money man, that's not the problem

>has money
>wants to kill himself

You're a faggot bitch. Please kill yourself.

I don't really want to kill myself that bad I just really want help and I'm tired of not being taken seriously or having to wait weeks to see my fsmily doctor

So you guys think this is a bad idea?

>No one who has money can ever have mental problems or be depressed

Great meme, I really like it

Yeah being a stupid entitled pussy is a mental problem for sure.

When did you become a psychiatrist?

When did you become such a bitchboi wanting to kill himself for no reason?

This.
They won't do anything, they'll leave you in a room with a tech who has to watch you and make sure you don't kys until they find somewhere else to leave you.
Mayyybe give you some ativan to calm down but not guaranteed.

This

It won't make you feel any better.
I work in the ER and it just doesn't seem worth it if I were in your situation.
You MIGHT get a nice nurse who will give you some genuine advice, but other than that you'll probably feel a lot more alone, it's common for ER workers, who see people who are dying everyday, to not genuinely care if you want to off yourself.
desu you're better off bitching about it on Veeky Forums

It's probably best you never tell anyone that you want to kill yourself.

People from all financial walks of life face problems with depression and suicide.

I wish the hospital would call me so I can fucking strangle your faggot ass

Like what, bitchboi?

Shut the fuck up nigger money isn't the only thing that gives joy in life. I get you're young (and probably black) so you don't understand this yet, but if you seriously think money makes you immune to mental disorders you should probably end your life.

Give me a reason to why a rich man would want to kill himself you stupid beta faggot bitch.

Because money isn't everything? Because people have health problems or mental issues?

Also what's with the two extremes? If you're not poor it doesn't suddenly make you a millionaire or 'rich'.

You honestly sound like you might have some depression yourself so you linger in these types of threads and insult people to convince yourself mental illness doesn't exist

No friends, no family, lack of communication with other human beings. There are plenty of things that can make a human miserable. There's a reason isolation is torture.

They should have a room where they take you and lock you in with someone and you two go at it unarmed. The other person will obviously be trained, and he has 90 seconds to kill you with his bare hands. If you make it past those 90 seconds you will realize you didn't actually want to die, and that you are just unhappy because we live in a very sick and fragmented society.

You guys are such fucking pussies. Having money is all you need. You can do whatever the fuck brings you joy with money.

Just go to a titty bar and talk to strippers instead. You can spend a tenth of what a hospital bill would be to get an hour of a naked chick grinding on you while you talk about how much you hate yourself

>all these celebrities and millionaires who are openly miserable
>hurrrr durrrr even tho I'm not smart enough to make that much money if I had it i could spend it in a way that makes me happy that no one else can figure out

You ever considered that there is a reason you're poor mate?

He's black!!! It's not his fault it's systematic racism u bigot!!111 No but seriously, he's a fucking nigger he doesn't have the mental capacity for that.

Nice projecting and goal post moving retards. I never said I was poor. You're just nu-male beta bitches. Kill yourselves right now.

It's great that all you can do is call people "beta bitches". Really goes to show how smart/mature you are. Oh well, have fun living in dilusion

It's literally what you are fedoramaster.

lmao

user, try to go to your normal doctor, see if he can set you up with a psychologist or psychiatrist.

I was going for a year, doing cognitive behavioural therapy and also trying a few different medications. It can take a few tries to find a med that works for you, they said. I ultimately flunked out of it like I did with everything else, so I didn't really get any better... But I think they took me seriously and that was worth a lot to me, just knowing they did.

You should try. Maybe it will work for you?

I will see user, thank you

It's just kind of embarrassing to talk about in person

Yeah it is, but it's confidential and it's their job. It's what they do every single day, so it's very professional. You'll be able to speak pretty freely after a couple of sessions. I was exhausted each time afterwards though.

Everybody ITT should just go ahead and kill themselves tbqhwyf

fuck this girl looks alot like the one i really fucked up with at gym.

they get people coming into emerge all the time complaining about being suicidal

paramedic again

Book an appointment with your doctor. Like ring up today or when they open next. Depression isn't something that will be over with in a few weeks.

If you really want to get better you have to help yourself and be proactive, because help isn't going to come to you.

Saying things like "i'm tired of not being taken seriously", may be a valid complaint. However complaining wont help you. If your doctor doesn't help, go to another.

Yeah dont go to the pysche ward, they load you up on 4 of 5 scripts right away and make you meditate and do puzzles and lights off at 9 they are just trying to process you asap. A theripist and psychiatrist is much cheaper. If you feel unsafe and youre in crisis mode id guess you should check in

Don't go to a hospital if you want to kill yourself. Call a line or call a friend. I called a line and an old guy talked to me for 45 minutes. I was crying because of how kind and compassionate he was. I felt so much better afterwards. I ordered a pizza and watched a movie. Please don't kill yourself user. It will be alright . I promise you, I know how you've felt and everything is hopeless. Just keep trying something will pay off. Don't kill yourself please don't do it.

call this number if you need to talk to someone: One 8 zero zero -two7three-eight2five5 its the suicide hotline

They euthanize you